AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Hello there is challenge for SFS 1.4.06 FULL VERSION players: build the fastest rocket- with only two stages( engine and fuel tank and capsule with chute NOT PROBE!!!)

Rules are simply:
1. Design rocket on one BP
2. Rocket must fly straight to Karman line ( 32.1 Km)
3.Capture screenshot of the rocket on launch pad and on Karman line
4. No sandbox modes allowed
5. No copying of rocket on screenshots in this thread
6. NO BP EDITING OR PART CLIPPNIG

Have fun with this challenge
(I am judge- this challenge is competetion)

AstronautAdam

Soyuzturtle

«★★★» Grand Admiral «★★★» // PT
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I'm going to take the role of Horus on this thread by saying this :
Define ' fastest rocket '. Technically the fastest rocket would be one with the most fuel because you can just go into solar orbit and speed up until fuel runs out there. Or do you mean the rocket which can go fastest in the atmosphere or highest acceleration?

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
There are three sample screenshots:
First demonstrates NOT ALLOWED SETTINGS
Second demonstrates launch pad picture
Third demonstrates Karman line transit.

Note: This challenge is for every Android and IOs player due this challenge not containt BP

Maximum screenshot hieght for Karman line is 37.5 km.

Attachments

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Define ' fastest rocket '. Technically the fastest rocket would be one with the most fuel because you can just go into solar orbit and speed up until fuel runs out there. Or do you mean the rocket which can go fastest in the atmosphere or highest acceleration?
Soooo.......
I mean that: build rocket with crazy ratio thrust weight ( i my screenshot is beast with ratio 4.9 and on third screenshot has speed 1971 m/s), capture screenshot on launch pad, then turn on all engines, fly straight and wait to message PASSED KARMAN LINE and capture screenshot. Post reply with ratio and screenshots. This challenge is easy as challenge but is hard as competetion. And rockets on one person is unlimited number. So have fun. And I am not join to competetion as racer because I am "judge". I have only ilustrative images.

Last edited:

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
You have learned well. Those would be the exact questions I'd ask.

Also.

Hello there is challenge for SFS 1.4.06 FULL VERSION players
There's one tiny problem with this.

Only me and you still use 1.4.06. Pretty much everyone else is using 1.5.

Also also.

Does your attempt take into account the aerodynamics bug? 1.4.06 aero is broken, and only works 'properly' if you spawn your rocket, exit to the main menu and then head back into the game.

I would hazard a guess you haven't done that based upon your TWR and the speed you're passing the Karman line (at 30km, not 32).

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
So since after this message I am racer and I use 1.4.06 because I use Android 4.0 or 4.1. The 1.5 has Android minimum on 4.4 so i am out of the range. Aero problem- I don t know about that. Thanks. And one questiin from my side: Can rocket with mass about 340 t and three Titans (ratio is 1.275) with one stage (it will be a booster for my lunar shuttle v 2.0 (1.0 conception is shuttle on left, center booster with fuel tank for shuttle and on righ booster with shape of shuttle but mirrored. 2.0 have shuttle in center and boosters on sides) have lift off, create LEO with height about 35-40km and have some fuel for reentry( SFS 1.35 PC WIN 10)?

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Soooo.......
I mean that: build rocket with crazy ratio thrust weight ( i my screenshot is beast with ratio 4.9 and on third screenshot has speed 1971 m/s), capture screenshot on launch pad, then turn on all engines, fly straight and wait to message PASSED KARMAN LINE and capture screenshot. Post reply with ratio and screenshots. This challenge is easy as challenge but is hard as competetion. And rockets on one person is unlimited number. So have fun. And I am not join to competetion as racer because I am "judge". I have only ilustrative images.
The challenge is very simple: put a capsule, the smallest Tank, and two Titans...

If it has to be 2 stages, then do the same in the lower stage.

That's it, that's the fastest rocket in the history of SFS.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
So since after this message I am racer and I use 1.4.06 because I use Android 4.0 or 4.1. The 1.5 has Android minimum on 4.4 so i am out of the range. Aero problem- I don t know about that. Thanks. And one questiin from my side: Can rocket with mass about 340 t and three Titans (ratio is 1.275) with one stage (it will be a booster for my lunar shuttle v 2.0 (1.0 conception is shuttle on left, center booster with fuel tank for shuttle and on righ booster with shape of shuttle but mirrored. 2.0 have shuttle in center and boosters on sides) have lift off, create LEO with height about 35-40km and have some fuel for reentry( SFS 1.35 PC WIN 10)?

I'm going to answer this with one with a simple sentence.

TWR has no effect at all on how far a rocket will go. It is much, much more complex than that, there are a lot of other variables.

Also, 3 titans lifting 340 tons is much more than a TWR of 1.2. 3 titans generate (about) 900tons of lift. You're talking a TWR of higher than 2.4

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
So Blazer build it, fly it to the Karman line and capture two screenshots- one on launch pad and second on Karman line.
NOTE: your rocket can have two stages- first engines and fuel tanks and second is capsule NOT PROBE with chute.

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
B
I'm going to answer this with one with a simple sentence.

TWR has no effect at all on how far a rocket will go. It is much, much more complex than that, there are a lot of other variables.

Also, 3 titans lifting 340 tons is much more than a TWR of 1.2. 3 titans generate (about) 900tons of lift. You're talking a TWR of higher than 2.4
But my calculatios never speech false, Titan thrust is in SFS 1.35 PC 1365 Kn or 136,5 tonnes

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Sorry for my ugly English but I am from Slovakia and I use English so not often.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
So Blazer build it, fly it to the Karman line and capture two screenshots- one on launch pad and second on Karman line.
NOTE: your rocket can have two stages- first engines and fuel tanks and second is capsule NOT PROBE with chute.
I can't, I'm in 1.5. Also, no offense, but I'm not interested.

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I have blueprints of these test rockets. So I can send it to try they in 1.5( Dont worry they convert automatically)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
But my calculatios never speech false, Titan thrust is in SFS 1.35 PC 1365 Kn or 136,5 tonnes
Oh, you mean the Big Falcon engine? My mistake.

Then your TWR is 1.15. 1365kN isn't 136.5 tons of lift.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
It's really not. Well, in 1.4 it is, but that's cos Stef is lazy.

10kN is just under 1020 kilos.

Like I said, there is a lot more to working out your shuttles capability than TWR.
You need to know your combined specific impulse, starting wet mass, mass at the end of booster 1 burn out, specific impulse after booster one burns out, mass at end of booster 2 burn out, specific impulse after booster 2 burns out, dry mass of shuttle including payload specific impulse of shuttle engines.

And that's not taking into account things like aerodynamics and flight profiles etc.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Did you guys done it before right?? idk if i'm right....

T

TtTOtW

AstronautAdam you can be a great player, but you need to be educated. We (me, Horus and Blazer) all played 1.35 and 1.4. We have vast experience so let us teach you.