Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Destroyed existing rover (it was annihilated due to very hard landing), launched and landed my new Lunar Lander 2!
View attachment 47579
Forgive me for saying, but it looks like it could flip if it catches some 'air' jumping off a hill.
Everyone who's completed this challenge did so with a stable rover that they could drive with their eyes closed.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Forgive me for saying, but it looks like it could flip if it catches some 'air' jumping off a hill.
Everyone who's completed this challenge did so with a stable rover that they could drive with their eyes closed.
Oh yes idk if his rcs could hell for stabilize somethin like that....

SynergyBoi

Man on the Moon
Registered
Yeah, sure does....

Oh yes idk if his rcs could hell for stabilize somethin like that....
My RCS is pretty powerful enough for quick stabilisation (even able to make it back to Earth using the RCS bug)

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Yeah, sure does....

My RCS is pretty powerful enough for quick stabilisation (even able to make it back to Earth using the RCS bug)
Yes yes, I don't doubt that.
But it will be exhausting keeping an eye on your rover... the rover should be stable enough to drive itself when you do nothing but hold down the button.:)

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
It could touch the ground when it goes over a hill and break, maybe. Only way to know is to test!

SynergyBoi

Man on the Moon
Registered
Well, I give up on stabilising. No matter how wide it is, it TIPS OVER. At least I saved this one from destruction via its RCS.
1603896361762.png

Edit: My landing site was pretty hilly and as I drove this at high speed over one hill, it tipped over and I had to quickly use the RCS.

I just placed solar panels on my rover so I could flip it back over... I didn't even test the assembly :p It was all put together in LLO for the first time...

Here's a similar version I threw together (in 1.35 PC), it uses solar panels for extra charge capacity (and armor?) and is a bit more receptice to getting rolled around. Notice the docking port on the right side for attaching to your lander. You could also add another docking port to the left side and make a crane type thing to land it...

1603919222479.png

T

TtTOtW

The bug... the bug... which makes RCS use electricity in 1.35, which means I get infinite RCS without the cheats.
Yeah... But that's cheating... still, Id overlook that due to the nature of the challenge. The real thing here is that driving is best done WITHOUT RCS. It helps you in no way whatsoever.