Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
For the past week, I've been working on this BP editing tool that would allow me to make details in SFS more easily.
I am still new to python (and programming in whole), so don't expect a miracle and set your expectations as low as possible.
Here is a link to a video showcasing the build of this simple house (there is a README.txt file with the key inputs):
House.png

Some things have already changed, for example the parts menu looks cleaner:
1.png

The build area will displays the type of the selected part too, as you can't distinguish fuel tanks and fairings when they're flat:
2.png

I'll try make it show coordinates, it should be easy enough. I'll also fix some oddities that I just noticed, like the fairing title being singular when the rest is plural, etc.

Everything is here, including the original python code (don't forget to add the assets "data" which are in the .zip file when trying to run it!).

It should be possible to replace the backround image with a template to make logo making even easier (replace "data > T,F > Background.png" with a 1000 * 1000 PNG renamed Background).

I am aware that u/CoolAbhi1290 on reddit (and discord) is currently working on a sophisticated program called Stellar and I know that it will make this absolutely obsolete, but he hasn't released it yet and might not for some time.

So what do you think?

Most up to date link as of 08/01/2022 - None of the other links in this thread will work!
Check for a new link in the latest page at a later date, THIS POST MAY NOT HAVE BEEN UPDATED.

Still has bugs.
1632924225080.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Astatium_209

Alliance’s Executor // Unstable and Toxic
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
For the past week, I've been working on this BP editing tool that would allow me to make details in SFS more easily.
I am still new to python (and programming in whole), so don't expect a miracle and set your expectations as low as possible.
Here is a link to a video showcasing the build of this simple house (there is a README.txt file with the key inputs):
View attachment 71595
View attachment 71597
The build area will displays the type of the selected part too, as you can't distinguish fuel tanks and fairings when they're flat:
View attachment 71599
I'll try make it show coordinates, it should be easy enough. I'll also fix some oddities that I just noticed, like the fairing title being singular when the rest is plural, etc.

Everything is here, including the original python code (don't forget to add the assets "data" which are in the .zip file when trying to run it!).

It should be possible to replace the backround image with a template to make logo making even easier (replace "data > T,F > Background.png" with a 1000 * 1000 PNG renamed Background).

I am aware that u/CoolAbhi1290 on reddit (and discord) is currently working on a sofisticated program called Stellar and I know that it will make this absolutely obsolete, but he hasn't released it yet and might not for some time.

So what do you think?
Hm, maybe not. The blueprint writing section is still broken, and I'm feeling that burnout is approaching.

ugh.

Edit: Fixed the issue in my project file, but not in the public one, sorry about this. I was so exited to share this, and then this...

Lesson learned, don't rush things.

Last edited:

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
OlOk, Will try this tomorrow bro, Nice work

lil lizat fan

Man on the Moon
Registered
View attachment 71595
View attachment 71597
View attachment 71599

I am aware that u/CoolAbhi1290 on reddit (and discord) is currently working on a sofisticated program called Stellar and I know that it will make this absolutely obsolete, but he hasn't released it yet and might not for some time.

So what do you think?
umm how u play sfs on pc

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
This is an awesome idea! Very good "quality of life" tool!

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
I've got saving and loading to work! It also shows coordinates.
Saving-Loading.gif

(Sheesh, this gif is 3+MB large and still looks shit)
You can also upload your own backgrounds to a "Backgrounds" folder a switch between them with the "b" key!
ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif

Last edited:

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
View attachment 71595
View attachment 71597
View attachment 71599

So what do you think?
Nice
But does it need dlc and can it work with 1.52

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
Yass! It works!
Screenshot_20210823-145226.png

Took me like, 10 minutes max. Some bits are slightly wonky, but that's because our logo, as awsome as it is, is slightly wonky. The nose is broken because I accidentaly used a fairing instead of a fuel tank. I think I have to fix one more thing, and than I can upload the program again, hopefully.

Nice
In fact, it needs 1.52, since it uses part scaling using the orientation values.

Last edited:

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Nice
Chicken....
Yes, you have your "reasons" to stay in 1.5-whatever. That doesn't mean you should asking "does it work?" on everything. :rolleyes: In the future just try it yourself and see. Drawbacks to restricting yourself to an older version.

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
I think it's finished enough for now. It's almost certainly buggy and I keep on coming up with things that I want to add/change.

LINK to a drive folder with the zip file.

Your browser will probably (certainly) mark this as a virus, and so will Virus Total. I believe it's because of the .exe file, but I'm not sure. The code is available through the link if you want to check it out.

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Thanks boy, this Will help me on My unsc build, much thanks bro

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
Thanks boy, this Will help me on My unsc build, much thanks bro
I hope, your build is huge! This was made primarily for smaller details and is only 10*10 meters.

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
i know, but i need some fairing details

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
I've had to update the program as I found a rather critical bug that I accidentaly created while fixing a different issue, should be fixed now. The same link shared above will work.

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I've had to update the program as I found a rather critical bug that I accidentaly created while fixing a different issue, should be fixed now. The same link shared above will work.
ok thanks i will download rn

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Astatium_209 how i can run the code? where i can execute this? Which program i need?

edit- i tried installing py but when i run the code it says error
1629768899660.png
1629768925205.png

Last edited:

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
Astatium_209 how i can run the code? where i can execute this? Which program i need?

edit- i tried installing py but when i run the code it says error View attachment 71715 View attachment 71716
I'd recommend using the zip file in the Google drive folder, just extract that wherever you want it to be. Inside that you will find an executable file.
If you want to run the code, you'll have to download the pygame module for python, and you have to place the data folder provided in the drive into the main directory of the project file.

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I'd recommend using the zip file in the Google drive folder, just extract that wherever you want it to be. Inside that you will find an executable file.
If you want to run the code, you'll have to download the pygame module for python, and you have to place the data folder provided in the drive into the main directory of the project file.
Which zip, theres no zip
Screenshot_20210824-010102.png

Space pilot

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hm, maybe not. The blueprint writing section is still broken, and I'm feeling that burnout is approaching.

ugh.

Edit: Fixed the issue in my project file, but not in the public one, sorry about this. I was so exited to share this, and then this...

Lesson learned, don't rush things.
Why did you put it in bin

I want it

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure