Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
What Ariane 5 version are you doing? The one currently flying is the ECA version, but it doesn't seem to match the dimensions on your diagram. Neither does the SFS one you made.

Your New Shepard isn't the right size either.

Replica rockets have to be 1:1 scale, with 1 block on the build grid = 0.5m.

Neither rocket passes.
I suggest you pick one and focus on it, quality over quantity.

Be aware that since you don't yet have team frontier badge, you can't get a replica badge (team hawk) yet if you manage to pass.

But there's no reason you can't work on them in advance like you're currently doing, that's allowed. Just letting you know you're not eligible for a badge for them yet.

Ivory_TURBO

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Can you give me the dimensions for ariane 5?
It was very hard to find that photo. It is my first time that I did a scale rocket.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Ariane 5 - Wikipedia
If you follow the booster, core stage and second stage length and diameter dimensions that are labeled for "ECA", then you should be good.
Ariane_5_ECA_pillars.jpg
This diagram can help for judging things like how much of the second stage's length is engine hiding inside the core stage.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I don't think stretched engines are allowed
Allowed only in the replica challenge.?
Correct, only in replica challenge. But I encourage you to shrink them if you can.

Your boosters seem to have the right height (31.5m, rounded off) and width (3m, rounded off).
I think there's some improvement you can do with the wide "skirt" at the bottom of the boosters, it's bigger in yours than in real life.
I might be wrong, but are there not wider side cones that you can put on top of the boosters? They look a bit wonky right now.

The core stage is trickier. Wikipedia says 24m high (rounded off). And yours is longer.
But the cut-away diagram I linked showed the core stage is about as long as the boosters after you include the engine and interstage.
So what I would suggest now for the length of the core is:
Leave the bottom of the core where it is.
Move the second stage up as long as the separator will allow, I think it will be able to go up 1 or 2 more blocks before the separator interstage disappears.
Additionally extend the core until in total it is as long as the boosters.
Post again.

The diameter of the core... You are already using 10 block wide tanks, yes? That's 5m, which is not the real 5.4m diameter of the core stage...
5m seems to be as close as you can get if there is no 11 block wide tanks, so ok.

That just leaves the second stage and fairing.

The second stage should be 4.7m high, which should round off to 4.5m.
Yours is about 6.5m long, much too long.
You could reduce the length by putting a 2m long broadsword engine instead of the 3m long frontier engine you currently have. And reduce the tank length, etc.

Then the fairing should add 26 blocks or 13m to the height, with an extra 1 block that overlaps the second stage.

Post your rocket after you have made all these improvements and found what the new height of it is.

Ivory_TURBO

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I made the fsiring 13m.

There are no bigger side cones so i doubled the x with pb editing. The booster separate and so does the 2nd stage even though the cone goes looks like it go through the core.
Screenshot_20210905-211836_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20210905-211818_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Ivory_TURBO

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I edited it but it looks "wonky". When i put decimal values thing go wonkier so the minimum edit size is the one above.(x=2).

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Ahhhhh yes. Because 1.4 can't do decimal bp editing.

Well, you can use the side fuselage and a 2*6 fuel tank sideways to make those cones
Also, try to fix the core stage, but it doesn't look like Mooncrasher's diagram.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Flat texture is when you edit the shadowIntensity in the planet's file so everything looks flat, or almost flat.

Example, here:
image0-4.jpg

(Credits to NASA-SFS for the picture)

Ivory_TURBO

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hmm so i need to flat the planet and everything on the planet goes flat? I mean i don't want my other space crafts to be flat.