Futuristic lunar base

I’m still figuring out how to use this game. And the forum. I put it in a crater with the panels up on a tower. Is there a way to get more parts on iPad?

8B447306-D8DF-4B09-B691-B3ABAC0B7C73.jpeg

I like the tower design
Thank you. I’m still working with the parts and trying to figure out how they go together. Using black parts to make windows was a big up for me lol. All these windowless buildings I was making. Just didn’t seem right.

Thank you for the comments. Ive been messing with it trying to make it more proportional. Is there somewhere else on these forums with builds like this? And is there a downside to overlapping too many parts?

Tbh I haven’t even tried. Im sure my ships would do fine. They hold plenty of fuel and are stable. But I’m not really interested in that aspect of this game. There’s honestly no point playing for any sort of realism in the absence of almost all of the fundamental elements of Spaceflight. Things like the damaging effects of reentry dynamics, heat shields, gyrostabilizers, planetary orbital cycles, and their affects on launches and landing, or even so much as a functioning electrical system. I’m not even nitpicking things like weather, and having to time deorbit burns so you land on the “day” side of the planet. So I’m just playing for the artistic aspect. Because at this point, that’s all there really is here. At least they expand on the title. Maybe concept builds isn’t a thing in this community.

What’s sad is thinking that a tank of fuel and a soft landing is all there is to Spaceflight.

Thank you for your input.

Oh, that's very sad. Try to learn how to donit without the cheats.
The above comment was also a reply to you.

I would think that as a “staff member” “forum legend” and a “professor” that it would be pretty clear that everything I’ve built is modular in design and would easily fit inside a two stage payload fairing, rather than the ‘30 booster builds’ you seem to view as “more realistic”

I would also think that you would understand that- referring to what a clearly new player built as “sad” isn’t exactly how you attract new members to your community. If you want to build your player base, and in doing so be a part of funding advancement of the game you love to play, then encourage people. Don’t put them down.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
The above comment was also a reply to you.

I would think that as a “staff member” “forum legend” and a “professor” that it would be pretty clear that everything I’ve built is modular in design and would easily fit inside a two stage payload fairing, rather than the ‘30 booster builds’ you seem to view as “more realistic”

I would also think that you would understand that- referring to what a clearly new player built as “sad” isn’t exactly how you attract new members to your community. If you want to build your player base, and in doing so be a part of funding advancement of the game you love to play, then encourage people. Don’t put them down.
Oh, I am encouraging you. I am encouraging you to achieve something, that (precisely because of all the time I played this game) I know is more than doable and is even possible to make it even better without the easy way.

And yes, is "sad", very sad actually, when a player that clearly knows how to play the game says all this non-sense:
Tbh I haven’t even tried. Im sure my ships would do fine. They hold plenty of fuel and are stable. But I’m not really interested in that aspect of this game. There’s honestly no point playing for any sort of realism in the absence of almost all of the fundamental elements of Spaceflight. Things like the damaging effects of reentry dynamics, heat shields, gyrostabilizers, planetary orbital cycles, and their affects on launches and landing, or even so much as a functioning electrical system. I’m not even nitpicking things like weather, and having to time deorbit burns so you land on the “day” side of the planet. So I’m just playing for the artistic aspect. Because at this point, that’s all there really is here. At least they expand on the title. Maybe concept builds isn’t a thing in this community.

What’s sad is thinking that a tank of fuel and a soft landing is all there is to Spaceflight.
So basically because the game isn't that realistic, that gives you the right to do it all wrong? Because there's no reentry heating that means using Infine Fuel is okay? Because there's no gyroscopes (which btw, are really not necessary in this game), you think using Unbreakable Parts is fine?

Nothing of what you said in that post makes any sense...

Sooooo, going back to your concern, my task, as Admin, Forum Legend, blahblahblah and all of that is to encourage people and to help them get better at the game, and I by pointing at the fact that there's no achievement when you cheat and encouraging you to do it legally, as I did here
Oh, that's very sad. Try to learn how to donit without the cheats.
...I am doing all of that you said.

Please forgive the typo on "do it".

The forum has always been a small, but strong community, and everyone has always been happy with that. I just want to keep my community a group of HONEST players. A group of honest players Is always better than a billion of dishonest cheaters.

That's all I have to say. Good day, sir (or ma'am).

Oh, I am encouraging you. I am encouraging you to achieve something, that (precisely because of all the time I played this game) I know is more than doable and is even possible to make it even better without the easy way.

And yes, is "sad", very sad actually, when a player that clearly knows how to play the game says all this non-sense:

So basically because the game isn't that realistic, that gives you the right to do it all wrong? Because there's no reentry heating that means using Infine Fuel is okay? Because there's no gyroscopes (which btw, are really not necessary in this game), you think using Unbreakable Parts is fine?

Nothing of what you said in that post makes any sense...

Sooooo, going back to your concern, my task, as Admin, Forum Legend, blahblahblah and all of that is to encourage people and to help them get better at the game, and I by pointing at the fact that there's no achievement when you cheat and encouraging you to do it legally, as I did here

...I am doing all of that you said.

Please forgive the typo on "do it".

The forum has always been a small, but strong community, and everyone has always been happy with that. I just want to keep my community a group of HONEST players. A group of honest players Is always better than a billion of dishonest cheaters.

That's all I have to say. Good day, sir (or ma'am).
Referring to what someone has done as. “Sad” is in no way encouraging. It’s insulting and condescending.

If by “doing it all wrong” you mean not constantly ferrying a refueler around to continue to use what I build. Then yes. Absolutely. Lol.

For someone so concerned with fuel consumption, saying gyroSTABILIZERS aren’t necessary is a little bit confusing. That’s what keeps your stations and sattelites oriented to the planet. And directly has a large effect on docking position, as well maneuvering thruster consumption.

And without using “Unbreakable parts” I can still deorbit my space station fully assembled with the solar panels OUT. Well. What’s the point of even having that setting. Lol. Soft landings? That’s all they affect.

and referring to my build as dishonest and “cheating” for using settings openly available within the app is frankly ridiculous, coming from a community openly accepting ways to glitch the game l (overlap) parts, change sizes, and and travel outside of the normal functions of the game.

and you say nothing I say makes sense. SMH. You should hear yourself.

I posted something I created here in good faith, and only hoping for positive reinforcement, encouragement, or appreciation. Nothing more. First comment I got was from you calling it sad, in a pretty hypocritical fashion. And then continuing to do so. You aren’t encouraging you’re trolling. You aren’t critiquing you’re judging. And you aren’t welcoming. You’re alienating.

Perhaps you should reconsider your approach.
And like i said before. I just built to have fun and design something futuristic tiat looks nice. For the aesthetic. I now see the response tiat being that type of player will get me. So I won’t post here again.

you win.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
If by “doing it all wrong” you mean not constantly ferrying a refueler around to continue to use what I build. Then yes. Absolutely. Lol.
Who ever said you need a thousand tanker missions? Who ever said you need bp editing, part clipping, or cheats to achieve something in this game?

Here's a little example of what can be done without refuelling, without bp editing/part clipping and without cheating.
Screenshot_20190914-184322.png

Screenshot_20190914-193624.png

That space station weights 1000 tons, and I sent it to Europa, the moon of Jupiter, without using a single cheat, nor no editing, nor part clipping.

That's by a lot not the biggest thing in this forum.

So again, you don't need cheats, you need to get better at the game, lol.

Referring to what someone has done as. “Sad” is in no way encouraging. It’s insulting and condescending.
That wasn't the encouraging part.

That was the part when I said "Oh, how sad that used the cheats, instead of doing it the legal way. Now he has no achievement to claim... Sad"

I obviously didn't want to write something that long, so I just said "how sad".

This was the encouraging part:
Try to learn how to do it without the cheats.
...that's the part when I point at the right way to do it.

For someone so concerned with fuel consumption, saying gyroSTABILIZERS aren’t necessary is a little bit confusing. That’s what keeps your stations and sattelites oriented to the planet. And directly has a large effect on docking position, as well maneuvering thruster consumption.
Yes, they are very important. There's a billion things real rockets have that SFS, KSP and all the other space games don't have.

However, my problem is that I don't see the relation between "There's no Gyrostabilizers" and "Using cheats is perfectly fine". That because there's no Gyroscopes, is perfectly fine to use IF and Unbreakable Parts to dock. That's what I'm pointing as absurd. You literally said that because the game isn't ultrareallistic there is no point in doing things the right way. That doesn't make any sense.

And again, NO, in SFS you don't need Gyrostabilizers to dock. Lol.

and referring to my build as dishonest and “cheating” for using settings openly available within the app is frankly ridiculous, coming from a community openly accepting ways to glitch the game l (overlap) parts, change sizes, and and travel outside of the normal functions of the game.
Well, you like it or not, that's the reality: you cheated in a game. Cheating is dishonest.

And blueprint editing or part clipping are not cheating at all, simply because SFS is a 2 dimensional game. If it were real life (as you are constantly trying to suggest), the clipped parts and engines could just be in the other side of your build, in the side you cannot see because the game is 2D.

As for aesthetic editing, is just extra mass you have to lift and everyone loves cool rockets, sooo... I really don't see an issue there.

There's a huge difference between clipping a couple of things to make a cool logo, which in the end is just more dry mass, and openly turning on infinite fuel and Unbreakable Parts and justifying it with this:
There’s honestly no point playing for any sort of realism in the absence of almost all of the fundamental elements of Spaceflight. Things like the damaging effects of reentry dynamics, heat shields, gyrostabilizers, planetary orbital cycles, and their affects on launches and landing, or even so much as a functioning electrical system. I’m not even nitpicking things like weather, and having to time deorbit burns so you land on the “day” side of the planet.
You even mentioned weather and day-night cycle. I just don't see the relation you see between weather/day-night cycle and Infinite Fuel/Unbreakable Parts.

By the way, a day-night cycle is something perfectly doable with planet editing. There's even a tutorial on how to make it here on the forum.

I posted something I created here in good faith, and only hoping for positive reinforcement, encouragement, or appreciation. Nothing more. First comment I got was from you calling it sad, in a pretty hypocritical fashion. And then continuing to do so.
Yes, because most of this community isn't welcoming towards cheaters. You can ask any of the other communities: the forum is where people go when they want to get better at the game, and ASoD, a Discord moderator, was the one who said this, not me, nor any of the mods here.

When cheaters come here we just tell them to stop using cheats, and we offer ways to help them learn the game, we try to help them and in most cases, we succeed.

There's a lot of people here who started as cheaters, and with help from the community they got better at the game and they became honest and strong players.

A valid argument you have is that I didn't offer you my help, and I should have done it. I didn't do it because it is clear to me that you know how to play this game, and you are just being lazy, so I just told you to stop using cheats. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Perhaps you should reconsider your approach.
I don't know man, I mean, you are literally the one who's cheating.

Last edited:

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
And I don’t see a setting for that within the app.
It's called "putting parts on top of parts", aka part clipping. Now available to everyone on Android and iOS since a relatively recent update.:)

Look dude. I told you once and I’ll tell you again. I build things for the Aesthetic. The artistic value. Why? Because it’s fun. And that’s what I want to do. You can call it lazy. I’ll call it having a life.
People like you trashing something because you think your way to play is the only way is pretty ridiculous. As is calling me a cheater. Is there any scoreboard? Goal line? Is there some competition we’re trying to win? Is there a reward of any sort? No. So stop throwing the word “cheater” around as if you know what it means. There’s nothing to cheat. Especially when all I have to do to be “Legit” is throw my ship on top of a block of fuel tanks. You not understanding how tiridiculous that is, doesn’t make it any less so.

You’re absolutely right. There was no encouragement from you. Nothing but negativity from the start.

When cheaters come here we just tell them to stop using cheats, and we offer ways to help them learn the game, we try to help them and in most cases, we succeed.

By the way, a day-night cycle is something perfectly doable with planet editing. There's even a tutorial on how to make it here on the forum.
Planet Editing? I’m on an iPad. We don’t have that stuff. You’re going to tell me using functions within the game settings is “cheating”. But “planet editing” is ok? Seriously? You must grasp how incredibly hypocritical that is.