BP editing tools - Part aligner and ring generator.

Astatium_209

Alliance’s Executor // Unstable and Toxic
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
Ring Generator (and Part Aligner)

Preview of the stuff you can make:
Screenshot_20210918-155012_2.png Screenshot_20210918-155242_2.png Screenshot_20210918-155437_3.png

Windows: Download the text files with the overwritten .exe extension. Then, remove the .txt extension and run. If you select the option to create a full blueprint, it will be created in the same folder that the program is located in.

Mac OS: Fuck Screw Apple. I tried.

Android: Install an interpreter like Pydroid 3. Download the source code files with the overwritten .py extension. Remove the .txt extension and open inside pydroid 3. Run. If you select the option to create a full blueprint, it should be created in the same folder that the source code is located in.

Sped up tutorial below in case you have no Idea what you're doing, or alternatively check the dowload section for the mp4.
Tutorial gif.gif

iOS: Go to section about "Mac OS" for more info, although you might be able to do something similar like on android with an interpreter.

Latest Update:
- Everything is fixed basically. There shoudln't be any more bugs. For real. Report them below, If you find any.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
These are some tools I made to make some of the more grindy aspects of BP editing easier - You'll need a windows PC to run the executables.

You can also use them if you have an android phone, but you'll have to download a python interpreter like "Pydroid 3" and run the code (.py) provided at the bottom for that.

Remember to remove the .txt extension before use!

The ring generator will get an update in the near future to fix the shading issue.

View attachment 72556 View attachment 72557
Dats cool

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
Color textures and shape textures have been added.
Screenshot_20210914-170727~2.png

Screenshot_20210914-170735~2.png

I mean, c'mon, isn't it cool that I can create a ring/circle of any size in seconds?

Attachments

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
Further update!
Hopefully the last one, although I doubt that.

- most importantly, there is now an option to generate an actual blueprint text file -> this is more practical for handling large part counts
- you can reverse the shading of the ring
Color textures and shape textures have been added.
- you can now choose the center coordinates for the ring.

Attachments

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
Yes, look at the top of the thread for instructions. To get to the generated blueprint file you have to go through main storage > android > data > ru.iiec.pydroid3 > files.

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
umm can u show us a tutorial how to use it on android please?
edit: and its just for creating ring?
Ring or a circle, I'll make a clip once I have time.

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
Astatium
You are god!
How flattering! I need to mention that the files above are broken, I have the fixed stuff ready but I would like to create .dmg files, so that people on mac can use it too. For that I need a Mac os VM, and downloading Mac os is taking a long time.

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
Hey Blazer, would it be possible for you to take everything below, including the files, and use it to replace the first message in the thread? I think it would be more suitable for a authorised program, and I don't want people to download the broken files. Thanks in any case!

Ring Generator (and Part Aligner)

Preview of the stuff you can make:
View attachment 72971 View attachment 72972 View attachment 72973

Windows: Download the text files with the overwritten .exe extension. Then, remove the .txt extension and run. If you select the option to create a full blueprint, it will be created in the same folder that the program is located in.

Mac OS: Fuck Screw Apple. I tried.

Android: Install an interpreter like Pydroid 3. Download the source code files with the overwritten .py extension. Remove the .txt extension and open inside pydroid 3. Run. If you select the option to create a full blueprint, it should be created in the same folder that the source code is located in.

Sped up tutorial below in case you have no Idea what you're doing, or alternatively check the dowload section for the mp4.
Tutorial gif.gif

iOS: Go to section about "Mac OS" for more info, although you might be able to do something similar like on android with an interpreter.

Latest Update:
- Everything is fixed basically. There shoudln't be any more bugs. For real. Report them below, If you find any.

Attachments

Last edited:

Astatium_209

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
Time for an update, especially for Android.

D'abord, I have to emphasise that I made this with the help of a python library named Kivy, which allowed me to make this for android. I don't want anyone to think that I coded everything myself.

I've basically packaged all of my blueprint-editing style programs into one, with a nice GUI (I know that consoles can look intimidating), and created an .APK for android, as using the programs through pydroid was un-user friendly and sucked.

ANDROID : To install this on android, you have to trust me that I didn't install a virus on it, your phone certainly won't. You download the app as an .APK, which you unpack with the package installer on your phone. You will have to grant the app access to storage, or it won't work. All Blueprint folders that you want to modify have to go in Main Storage > SFS Tools > Blueprints Folder, it is also the place that all of the generated blueprints will go.

preview:
^ Doesn't work, don't know why, original link.

Screenshot_20211024-124831~2.png

WINDOWS : To install this on windows, you just download the provided compressed folder, extract it, and run the executable inside. There is a folder named "Assets", don't change it. The other folder will be named "Blueprints Folder", and it is the same as on android from there.

preview (basically the same as on Android):
ezgif.com-gif-maker(8).gif

On second thought, I'm not sure if I should be posting this here as the software design has changed. Blazer is this allowed or should I move this to a different thread? Thanks!

Last edited: