New Ranks!

Phobos Man

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Don't be mad, because you put yourself in this situation. If you're gonna make big claims, you gotta be able to back them up, otherwise, you'll lose people's respect.
Ok sorry
It happened coz my and a guys rocket were looking quite same.
So I had to restart the mission :(

Kirbyisbest

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I said the mercury landing
Team titan is simply landing on the moon and back. Not mercury. The mercury landing is a team hawk landing. If you wanna do that mercury landing. You outta do team frontier and titan first. And Quicksaving is not allowed and no parts destroyed except for debris from the rocket.

Noor Nehan

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Oh ok ill get 1st two rank
Team titan is simply landing on the moon and back. Not mercury. The mercury landing is a team hawk landing. If you wanna do that mercury landing. You outta do team frontier and titan first. And Quicksaving is not allowed and no parts destroyed except for debris from the rocket.

Searcher Space Agency

Scientific Exploration Missions
Fly me to the Moon
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Ok so it took me a while to set up. Here are the basic requirements:

Team RCS:
- Register an account.

Team Titan:
- Single launch Lunar landing and safe landing back on Earth, cheat free and damage free.

Team Frontier:
- Do a Mars return trip with landing, on same terms as Team Titan requirements.
- Build a complete space station cheat free in LEO constructed from at least 4 separately launched parts. Complete means it has solar panels, hab, an escape craft, separate docking area for arriving spacecraft and the ability to change its own orbit without the help of the escape craft or any docked spacecraft.
-Launch and send an interstellar probe. (Blueprint supplied) within the limit mass of 250 tons. No gravity assists, nor Ion engines.

Team Hawk: (any 3 will qualify you)
- Build a fully reusable spacecraft. All parts must be recovered, reattached refuelled, reloaded with a new payload and relaunched to orbit from the launchpad on Earth. Vehicle must be composed of multiple stages. SSTOs do not qualify.
- Build a shuttle approved by TtTOtW or Blazer.
- Build a rocket that can deliver 600t to orbit untouched, within the normal DLC build grid (including payload). Base game players 200t. 1.35 285t.
- Perform a damage free Mercury landing with the supplied quicksave. No other craft may be launched.
- Plan and execute a mission to any Jovian moon, land on it, and return to Earth undamaged. For base game players, plan a flyby of all planets and moon's, and execute it with a final Earth landing.
-Create a working 1:1 scale replica of a real rocket/shuttle. Your replica must be approved by either Blazer or Marmilo.

Every task adds or enhanced some sort of forum permission or perk. The remaining teams will be expanded upon in the following post.

Picture of the probe for Voyager Quest challenge:
View attachment 68527

Downloadable Files:
Blueprint of the interstellar payload and quicksave for the Mercury landing.
I just saw the replica mission on hawk.I already have an approved replica that I made long ago for a frontier mission that currently doesnt exist.If I just prove that it works would it pass?

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I just saw the replica mission on hawk.I already have an approved replica that I made long ago for a frontier mission that currently doesnt exist.If I just prove that it works would it pass?
No, it will be kinda unfair that you can just resubmit the exact same thing you already did. If you want to do that, you have to do Voyager Quest.

Blazer Ayanami what are the updated state of the ranks?
It's explained in the first post of this thread, plus there's specific and detailed instructions for each Team, pinned in that Team's challenge submission section

T

TtTOtW

No, it will be kinda unfair that you can just resubmit the exact same thing you already did. If you want to do that, you have to do Voyager Quest.

It's explained in the first post of this thread, plus there's specific and detailed instructions for each Team, pinned in that Team's challenge submission section
Ah, you updated my post. Thank you.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
What do you mean by"untouched"? Does it have to be an SSTO? Is it fine if parts explode in the last stage due to the heat of the engines of the next stage?
The 600 ton payload should not be used because it's the payload.

The launcher can have stage but no clip and not usin the infinite build grid

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Mars is correct.
You cannot do anything with the payload to help you reach orbit, it needs to be completely untouched.

Technically, you can make whatever rocket you want with whatever stages you want. But since you're limited to no clipping, no cheats, and a standard DLC build grid (no infinite build grid), you'll find that a SSTO will be impossible, it's too inefficient for the given payload and space restrictions.