Does anyone know how to make a working day and night cycle?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Oh, I'm not the best placed for this.

From what I know, the day-night cycle is made thanks to the cloud texture: unlike the atmosphere texture, the cloud texture loops around the planet, and you can parameterize its speed in the planet file. By using a texture that has a day lighting alternated with a night lighting and setting it as the cloud texture you can create a day-night cycle.

Other planet editors may have a more accurate answer. Maybe have a look at Gurren's ACSS, I believe it has such a feature, you should be able to take inspiration from it.

Oh, I'm not the best placed for this.

From what I know, the day-night cycle is made thanks to the cloud texture: unlike the atmosphere texture, the cloud texture loops around the planet, and you can parameterize its speed in the planet file. By using a texture that has a day lighting alternated with a night lighting and setting it as the cloud texture you can create a day-night cycle.

Other planet editors may have a more accurate answer. Maybe have a look at Gurren's ACSS, I believe it has such a feature, you should be able to take inspiration from it.
I got some help and managed to get it working and got the hang of it

Oshizuma Izushika

Moon Maker
Man on the Moon
Registered
I have a solution:
Use a cloud texture that only covers the pic 1/2. Therefore it should cover half the planet, enabling a day/night cycle.

Trying to make another solar system after releasing my first one but idk how to make a day and night cycle..
De echo, yo pude hacer algo asi modificando las texturas de nubes pero me encontré con un problema y no he sabido como resolverlo. La textura aparece mas arriba del terreno y por lo visto, se pone un pantalla negra que molesta

Attachments

S

Sportgus

De echo, yo pude hacer algo asi modificando las texturas de nubes pero me encontré con un problema y no he sabido como resolverlo. La textura aparece mas arriba del terreno y por lo visto, se pone un pantalla negra que molesta
Unfortunately it might be a bit too late

S

Sportgus

Perhaps, Cresign Altaïr
Translation: In fact, I was able to do something like that by modifying the cloud textures but I ran into a problem and I haven't known how to solve it. The texture appears higher up on the terrain and apparently, a black screen appears that is annoying.