Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Great! Why didn't the N1 explode in flight though? That's how it happened on every launch...

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Heh, looks like all that happened was that you had more budget for test launches than the Soviets. :p

MartianMan

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Aaaah, now that's a perfect N1 recreation :p
Yea lmao :D, it just kept collapsing into itself and the 7K-LOK exploded most of the time :p, but unlike the soviets i pushed on and landed on the moon, im pretty proud of how the LK turned out!

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Exactly, wonder if they would have just pushed on and kept good funding might they have made it to the moon?
Who knows, the problems were all with the first stage, which was the only piece that they didn't have the infrastructure to ground test.
But also their architecture was in some ways a hindrance, such as engines with pyrotechnic valves that couldn't be static fired before use.

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Who knows, the problems were all with the first stage, which was the only piece that they didn't have the infrastructure to ground test.
But also their architecture was in some ways a hindrance, such as engines with pyrotechnic valves that couldn't be static fired before use.
That looks awsome please could you share the BP to we can try it out, I am happy to trade an entry capable Saturn V and an accurate, landable and properly reasuable Falcon 9

Rigel

Swingin' on a Star
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
The L1 is great, but the LK lander is just awesome.

Maybe your rocket exists in a parallel universe in the For all Mankind style, and Alexei Leonov is the first man on the Moon thanks to you. Congrats, commrade!

MartianMan

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
The L1 is great, but the LK lander is just awesome.

Maybe your rocket exists in a parallel universe in the For all Mankind style, and Alexei Leonov is the first man on the Moon thanks to you. Congrats, commrade!
(Soviet union theme starts playing) :p

MartianMan

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Careful throttle control when clearing mount so you can give the top clamps time to fully release and 1st stage landing a little thiniky but do able
nah, dont really need, coming to the topic of stuff im working on, im making a new 1:1 saturn v!
DF28CA08-CAC7-44C7-A314-DFCFD69FA71E.jpeg
DF28CA08-CAC7-44C7-A314-DFCFD69FA71E.jpeg S-IVB is WIP and i havent made the spacecraft yet