Is it possible to edit details on android?

MasterOgon

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I set myself the task of flying with a custom planet from 1.5 terrestrial g to the earth on the scale of the solar system, but I would like the rockets to be like for the earth. That is, I would like to increase them proportionally and have larger engines or more power so as not to create ugly designs. Can I do this on android? Or maybe I can meet my conditions in another way?
Screenshot_20230326-184037.png

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
You can stretch engines by bp editing

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Open your blueprint in a text editor (it's a simple text file) then search for the engines you want to scale up. It will look something like that:
Screenshot_20230327-072615_QuickEdit+.jpg
In the highlighted section, change x to stretch your engine horizontally, and y to stretch it vertically. For example, using a value of 2 will double its size in the concerned dimension.
Also, those values can be negative, it's the case of my x. It simply means that the part is mirrored horizontally or vertically.

If you have to modify many engines, I recommend doing it with a single engine, save your file, open it under SFS, and duplicate your engine as many times as you want.

By the way, you can also customize the size of your fuel tanks. It can help to make a few giant fuel tanks, that will look nicer and that will be easier for your game to handle. That's what I did here for example:
Spaceflight Simulator_2023-03-26-00-00-24.jpg

MasterOgon

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Thanks, found this. So I can change the size but the power and weight stay the same? And this way I can make bigger tanks without adding weight to accommodate more engines. Did I get it right?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Thanks, found this. So I can change the size but the power and weight stay the same? And this way I can make bigger tanks without adding weight to accommodate more engines. Did I get it right?
For the engines I believe the power is scaled proportionally to the y dimension, but I would recommend to check that by yourself just in case.
For the fuel tanks their weight is made proportional to their size. Making them bigger makes them heavier of course.

MasterOgon

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Я считаю, что для двигателей мощность масштабируется пропорционально размерности y, но я бы порекомендовал проверить это самостоятельно на всякий случай.
Для топливных баков их изготавливают по их размеру. Увеличение их размера, конечно, делает их тяжелее.
Thank you

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
For the engines I believe the power is scaled proportionally to the y dimension, but I would recommend to check that by yourself just in case.
For the fuel tanks their weight is made proportional to their size. Making them bigger makes them heavier of course.
Unless you use x/y values to make them bigger, in that case i think the weight increase works differently

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Unless you use x/y values to make them bigger, in that case i think the weight increase works differently
The weight doesn't change when stretching
Also doesn't change layering. I utilized this in my BP edited moon base

MasterOgon

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
At least in the buildprint I didn't see any change in weight and power in numbers. Maybe it doesn't work for me