After Earth

Present my first planet pack After Earth!

Inspired by the mod for KSP After Kerbin, I decided to make it in the SFS repertoire.

Much of what was taken from this mode, the orbits of many planets were made almost exactly like AK, but due to the lack of accurate information, I decided to do it my way.

And now let's go to the review

Vicinus
Predecessor: Venus

The closest planet to the New Sun. Its mass and gravity is similar to Mercury. After increasing the sun, its atmosphere disappeared, and gravity dropped by half. All that remains on its surface are craters and volcanoes.

The Wasteland
Predecessor: Earth

The second planet from the New Sun. The distance from Vicinus is not very big. Its name speaks for itself, the planet is indeed a lifeless wasteland with a dense atmosphere. After the birth of the New Sun, a lot of asteroids fell on it, thereby increasing its mass, the density of the atmosphere, but lowering gravity. Survivors migrated to Mars.

The Moon
Predecessor: Moon

The satellite of the burnt Earth. He did not suffer any special changes, except that several asteroids fell on her due to which new craters were formed. The orbit was reduced a little as well as gravity.

Terra
Predecessor: Mars

After the formation of the New Sun, the Earth became uninhabitable. And so humanity had to look for a new home. The most suitable was Mars. His characteristics allowed him to easily terraform him. And now it is completely similar to the Earth. For terraforming it was called Terra, which saved humanity from the New Sun. Population: 1 billion people.

Lapis
Predecessor: Phobos

Lapis is a satellite of Terra. Its size and landscape are similar to the moon. Previously, he was Phobos, but after the formation of the New Sun many asteroids crashed into it, and it reached the size of the Moon.

Lenis
Predecessor: Deimos

This satellite is two times smaller than the above, but there are a lot of minerals on it, and it has low gravity, which allows us to build an outpost for ore mining. The history of education is exactly the same as that of Lapis, so we go further.

Mediocris

Predecessor: Ceres

This strange name was formulated because of the position of the planet between Terra and Magna. The planet has huge deposits of ore, and many astronomers call it the Space Mine. Such a large amount of minerals and its large radius was formulated by asteroids. Also, the theory of the colonization of Ceres became relevant. In the near future, humanity is going to establish its first planetary colony there.

Convedus

Predecessor: Asteroid Vesta

This asteroid is in a pretty low Mediocris orbit. The asteroid as well as its planet is a large ore deposit, but the ore is rare and is not found as often as on Mediocris. The asteroid makes up almost half the dwarf planet. It was formed very simply two equal-sized asteroids collided and Convexus appeared.

Magna

Predecessor: Jupiter

The only gas giant in the New Solar System. He changed the color of gases to green thanks to a large number of gas asteroids. About him too, too, nothing to tell.

Inferno

Predecessor: Io

Real hell! The reason for this temperature is the heating of the New Sun and volcanoes. As a result, the satellite became red and hot with a dense atmosphere.

Gelida

Predecessor: Europa

Because of the New Sun, the ice on the surface of the planet began to conceal. As a result, whole oceans with cold water formed. And thanks to the asteroids and the atmosphere was formed. Now the colonization of Europe will be easier!

Gravibus

Predecessor: Ganymede

The planet has hardly changed except craters have appeared.

Glacies

Predecessor: Callisto

As a result of the fall of the asteroids with water, its surface was covered with an ice layer, which even the temperature of the Sun to melt out of force.

Tandem

Predecessor: Pluto

The Last Planet of the New Solar System. One hemisphere is completely occupied by the ocean, the other is covered with ice.

Missing planets:

Mercury (burned down)

Saturn (descended from orbit)

Uranus and Neptune (collided and descended from orbit).

Special thanks to everyone who created the planets that I used for the pack.

And a special thanks to Gameslinx for the creation and inspiration.

Attachments

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Wow, amazing work, congratulations!
Could we have some screenshots as a preview? :p

Yeah it's the real Linx. Gurren posted on the discord I'm in that someone here is making an after earth mod inspired from my After Kerbin/Beyond Home mods and I made an account so I could say that I'm glad I inspired you.

I completely forgot after making an account to actually reply, though. I'm glad I inspired you and I hope it turns out well in the end once you've finished developing it :)

T

TtTOtW

Yeah it's the real Linx. Gurren posted on the discord I'm in that someone here is making an after earth mod inspired from my After Kerbin/Beyond Home mods and I made an account so I could say that I'm glad I inspired you.

I completely forgot after making an account to actually reply, though. I'm glad I inspired you and I hope it turns out well in the end once you've finished developing it :)
We'd love to see some of your clearly inspirational work :)

My licence does not allow this but I will allow an exception for you to port it over to SFS.
I don't play SFS and I don't plan to make a port of BH myself, so my only requirement is that I get very clear credit that the textures are my work.

EDIT: The rights for this port still belong to me under the licence on my textures, which means I reserve the right to take ownership of the project in the future. I don't think I'll do this, because i'm not as evil as the licence is, but it's worth keeping in mind :)

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
(trying to get back on topic)

I get that you arre trying to recreate AfK (short for After Kerbin), and that's fine, but Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, at their distances, cant experience atmospheric drag! A little tip here: Imagine that AfK was compatible with OuterPlanetsMod...

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
That WAS the scouting mission!
Well then maybe you should have done an unmanned scouting mission. Or even have a lander probe separate from the crewed craft in orbit to test the gravity. Honestly, I figured one such as yourself would know better than that. :p

T

TtTOtW

Well then maybe you should have done an unmanned scouting mission. Or even have a lander probe separate from the crewed craft in orbit to test the gravity. Honestly, I figured one such as yourself would know better than that. :p
Shut up! Shut uuuuup!!!
Lol I'm tired man.