SM84CE Corp. Missions

Maybe, but I still dont see the *point* of Venus/ Mercury returns. Can't colonize them, one wants to acid burn you, another feels like roasting the sh*t out of you... Mars is slightly better, IMO :p

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Maybe, but I still dont see the *point* of Venus/ Mercury returns. Can't colonize them, one wants to acid burn you, another feels like roasting the sh*t out of you... Mars is slightly better, IMO :p
Mars is much better indeed.

But Merc and Ven are the real challenge of the Inner System, So...

hehehe... lol. The left one is actually not lighter, the bar above the bottom row of batteries is made up of docking ports resting on RTG's instead of structural parts

Guess who just deployed an ion rover on the Moon! Next step, if this works properly, is to send one or two to Mars!!
1574816421513.png

Spaceflight Simulator 11_26_2019 5_03_34 PM.png

Spaceflight Simulator 11_26_2019 5_05_11 PM.png

^^ To the moon!!

Spaceflight Simulator 11_26_2019 5_21_43 PM.png

Spaceflight Simulator 11_26_2019 5_29_35 PM.png

^^ Lunar observatory orbit

Spaceflight Simulator 11_26_2019 5_31_33 PM.png

^^ Deployed!

Spaceflight Simulator 11_26_2019 5_46_30 PM.png

Assembling the lander for the rover...

Spaceflight Simulator 11_26_2019 5_47_24 PM.png

^^ Moving the assembly out to be checked by the crew...

Spaceflight Simulator 11_26_2019 5_49_26 PM.png

^^ Crew inspection...

Spaceflight Simulator 11_26_2019 5_54_33 PM.png

Landing...

Spaceflight Simulator 11_26_2019 5_56_13 PM.png

Almost...

Spaceflight Simulator 11_26_2019 5_58_31 PM.png
There!!!

Thanks!

Took some big brain time thinking of the landing mechanism... I thought "Well, I just need an engine, and fuel, and it has to be centered..." So that was what created the engine + frame design, attached by the drone, and controlled by the rover's probe.

Now I have to make another one with a deployment package for an atmosphere... Might just strap a frame to it w/ a chute...

OK, the next mission for this shuttle is carrying a pack of 5 ComSats to MEO, 4000-5000KM circular orbit. This cargo pack was originally designed for the older shuttle, but will be flown on the newer one... Try Lambda class Mark II :p (Yes, finally gave it an actual name...)

Spaceflight Simulator 11_26_2019 8_41_48 PM.png

Spaceflight Simulator 11_26_2019 8_44_38 PM.png

T

TtTOtW

You know what, I'm gonna be straight with you. If you look at my first mission, you'll notice our methodology is pretty much identical. But, the difference is: I did a lot more, with a lot less, especially in terms of boosters. Also aesthetics, but you've improved a lot, so I'll give you that. Efficiency is now the only truly unimpressive thing left in your missions.

Yeah, the next thing I'll improve is the launcher, Probably make it multistage, because at its current design, it can get the shuttle (tested with 100T cargo) to Mars and do part of the insertion burn...

As for the high orbits... IDK why :p

High orbit = more BOOM when destroying old equipment by deorbiting into a straight down trajectory...

I'll be doing a little test to determine what orbit to put my ComSats into... The drone will do this test.
Place drone in 5000 KM orbit. Ping a drone that was left in Mars orbit. See how much interference there is. Move to VHEO (25000KM). Repeat. If there's less interference, then it goes there.

If I've got the science behind this messed up, tell me :p

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
High orbit = more BOOM when destroying old equipment by deorbiting into a straight down trajectory...

I'll be doing a little test to determine what orbit to put my ComSats into... The drone will do this test.
Place drone in 5000 KM orbit. Ping a drone that was left in Mars orbit. See how much interference there is. Move to VHEO (25000KM). Repeat. If there's less interference, then it goes there.

If I've got the science behind this messed up, tell me :p
I approve of that reason

High orbits! Buy now! 9001% guarantee that you'll get more BOOM for your buck!

SM84CE Corp. does not accept any responsibility for damage caused due to using High Orbits. Use at your own risk.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Also, High orbits = Waste of fuel, unefficient burns, high response times, little scientific data from the planet...

But if its a corporative policy, fine, keep it up.

Also, High orbits = Waste of fuel, unefficient burns, high response times, little scientific data from the planet...

But if its a corporative policy, fine, keep it up.
Well, some sats high up for major overviews, I might put some lower for spying on observing ground craft...