Recent content by Fwgunner

1. F

Aerodynamics in SFS

I forgot to replace first sentence. It actually starts with "I'll explain the formula with an example. Lets say our rocket is...
  2. F

Aerodynamics in SFS

Air density formula: ρ(h) = ρ0 * exp(-curve * h/h_max) - ρ0 * exp(-curve) And this is what i found experimentally: v=53,7541*ρ^(-0,2457) v: velocity ρ: air density What this empirical formula says that if your rocket is at a point where air density equals to ρ, rocket will heat. For instance...
  3. F

Aerodynamics in SFS

how about calculating the velocity point which causes temperature rise from zero under a specific air density value? A function like this: F(rho)=v rho: air density v: velocity value that temperature rises after that point And by the way, does temperature rise depend on aerodynamics or is it...
  4. F

Aerodynamics in SFS

Altaïr do we know how to calculate temperature? I want to upgrade my simulation to build a stage 1 rocket with re-entry skills and need to know how does temperature changes and what it does depend on. I think i could do experiments under different air density conditions with different rockets...
  5. F

Aerodynamics in SFS

Altaïr hey its me again :D Do you know the current air density formula? My experiments show that our old friend rho=density*exp(-curve........) does not work right now
  6. F

FSI's Info Overload Mod

or if the mod shows the coefficient, i'll download it right now. I need this, because i'm working on a simulation program using matlab to design multi-stage rockets that can travel interplanetary and come back to base. Right now, the rocket that program provides you can carry your payload from...
  7. F

FSI's Info Overload Mod

i calculated S coefficient experimentally for most of the parts but when a fairing covers another part lets say a nose cone, S for nose cone changes and all my effort becomes trash. Can you help me about this or is it way more complicated than a few sentence of explanation?
  8. F

FSI's Info Overload Mod

pixelgaming579 T = 1/2 × density × S × v^2 (drag force equation) can this mode find rocket's S coefficient? If not, is there any way to find it except in-game experiments?
  9. F

Aerodynamics in SFS

Thanks! If you gain access to use matlab, i could share my file with you gladly. Normally you have to pay to use this program but if you are an engineering student, probably you can get it for free and that's how i get it. But I dont know if they give it for free to departments other than...
  10. F

Aerodynamics in SFS

I dont even know what i did different but it doesnt matter i guess. Simulation works better than i thought. Now i can do some research and build better rockets. At least i hope
  11. F

Aerodynamics in SFS

Orange circle is earth, blue line is the path that rocket followed from t=0 s to t=1000 s The left graph is the result comes from the simulation including centrifugal force, the right graph is the result that comes from the simulation not including centrifugal force. Centrifugal force is...
  12. F

Aerodynamics in SFS

I found something interesting vx = x component of velocity R = earth radius h = altitude g0= 9.8 vx = ((R+h)*g0/(1+h/R)^2)^0.5; This formula gives me required velocity to orbit at a spesific altitude, as you said. It works properly. However, although we included centrifugal force to...
  13. F

Aerodynamics in SFS

Catalyst_Kh can you send me your program in a text file? I wrote the program second time but still it fails unless its a vertical launch. I dont know what went wrong
  14. F

Aerodynamics in SFS

When you said centrifugal, i checked dictionary and noticed which is which :D all the time i was talking about centrifugal acceleration, not centripetal. Anyways, i already added centrifugal acceleration but still it doesnt work. I have to write from scratch but i have midterms next week until...
  15. F

Aerodynamics in SFS

i calculated centripetal acceleration like this, because due to change of velocity, we follow a path like the black one. For each 3 position, we can find a circle passes through them like red, green, blue and yellow circles. Since dt is so small, these calculated circles must be quite accurate...