Recent content by Gemspark

1. Gemspark

How would bi-elliptic orbits be used properly in SFS?

While yes that may be slightly more fuel efficient, I think having the alternative is good, especially for non dlc players like me, who can't use jupiter to get into a retrograde solar orbit
  2. Gemspark

That's actually quite interesting, since Jupiter has a much higher orbital velocity when compared to earth. It makes sense raising your apoapsis would make it easier to slow down, since you have less speed total. This definitely seems useful for getting to a retrograde solar orbit or to jupiter...
  3. Gemspark

So I recently learned about the bi-elliptic maneuver, which is an alternative to the hohmann transfer that involves raising your apoapsis to a much higher orbit, raising your periapsis to the target periapsis at your apoapsis, and lowering your apoapsis to the target apoapsis. It's apparently...
  4. Gemspark

Mars return mission

Alright, thank you
  5. Gemspark

Mars return mission

Pretty standard Mars return mission, with a few optimizations here and there
  6. Gemspark

LEO Space station

Note: the solar panel was undocked and redocked in the correct position after initial connection, since it was the wrong way during launch
  7. Gemspark

Voyager Quest

This one was certainly interesting, took me a few attempts but I got it in the end.
  8. Gemspark

Entry for team titan

Pretty basic mission, figured I should send it here eventually