Recent content by MadAstronomer

1. MadAstronomer

South Africa Hybrid Rocket Altitude Record | University of Kuazulu-Natal

Yeah, South Africa clearly has potential, and I make sure of it more and more every day.
  2. MadAstronomer

South Africa Hybrid Rocket Altitude Record | University of Kuazulu-Natal

Beautiful landscapes and ASReG isn't everything South Africa can boast of; however, I can honestly say that I haven't heard about this research group before. But I know that South Africa can join the ranks of well-known satellite imagery manufacturers soon. Dragonfly Aerospace is a South African...
  3. MadAstronomer

Is no on here mentioning TianWen(天问) mission

I also want to congratulate China on a successful landing. I've learned something about this rover and very interested in the results of its work. The number of scientific instruments is far below Perseverance's, but they still are promising. Several cameras, radar, magnetic field detectors...
  4. MadAstronomer

Ingenuity

I'll add some new information about the last Ingenuity flight. Please, spend a few minutes watching a video of this amazing flight. Drone managed to achieve a few new records. First of all, the height. It climbed to a height of 10 meters hat is 5 meters higher than during the previous flights...
  5. MadAstronomer

Scottish aerospace

I understand that this thread is mainly devoted to spacecraft, but I want to share my emotions with someone. Skyrora greatly surprised me recently when I found out about their new additive technology Aerospace Additive Manufacturing Services | Skyrora. The use of 3D printing in the aerospace...
  6. MadAstronomer

Spacecraft thread

People here mentioned undoubtedly legendary spacecraft. I could continue this list, but I don't want to. I had always wondered why we always remember only well-known companies and spacecraft? Wouldn't it be better to broaden our horizons and make startups public? Many new endeavors are worth the...
  7. MadAstronomer

The International Space Issue

Well, perhaps, you're right. I need to learn more about the research that is conducted on the ISS to understand whether this station is profitable or not. At least, I haven't heard about any great discoveries made by astronauts on the ISS, and I think it's a good reason to think of moving further...
  8. MadAstronomer

Lego Lunar Module

WOW! It's sooo amazing gift!! A person who gave it to you really appreciates your hobbies and you. LEGO must create a Starship model, bet, I'll be the first person to buy it. And they must call this series of models "A Greatest Spacecraft".
  9. MadAstronomer

The International Space Issue

I think NASA should continue supporting the ISS. For me, this station is something special; it's a great achievement for engineers. The single fact that we have done the spacecraft letting people be in space is amazing. I also know that ISS is a platform for numerous scientific research...
  10. MadAstronomer

Look. Learn.

I've never thought that I'll find someone who will help me finally understand how these complicated rocket engines work. You can't even imagine how many books and scientific literature I've read and found all answers to my questions in YouTube video..Thank you so much. I see this guy is worth...
  11. MadAstronomer

Starship SN10

I can't stop being surprised by the speed SpaceX develops. A little while ago, they launched SN10, and now SN15, a prototype with several major changes, is on its launch pad, passed the cryogenic proof test, and is waiting for the launch. Sometimes I even think that Musk will fly to Mars earlier...