DeltaV calculator for SFS 1.35

Timmy

Registered
Chances are, no one uses 1.35 anymore except me but I wanted to share this as a resource for anyone curious.
For single stages its margin of error is 40m/s. For two stages the margin is 70-ish m/s, not sure really. Tell me if you find anything thats wrong with it, or if my math is bad. :)
Instructions are in the spreadsheet.

DeltaV Calculator

Also, you could use it for other versions of SFS but you need to change the values of each part.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Visually not a bad effort.

You'll be surprised, there are quite a few people here that play 1.35 still

The sheet is locked for editing though.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Chances are, no one uses 1.35 anymore except me but I wanted to share this as a resource for anyone curious.
For single stages its margin of error is 40m/s. For two stages the margin is 70-ish m/s, not sure really. Tell me if you find anything thats wrong with it, or if my math is bad. :)

DeltaV Calculator

Also, you could use it for other versions of SFS but you need to change the values of each part.
Oh, this is interesting. And don’t think you are the only one. I only use 1.35 too, and there are several people who still use it too. 1.35 is the superior update.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Playing a space game on a tiny phone screen is not for me, especially with the imprecision of a fat finger.
I feel your pain. But what made me move to 1.35 is all the bugs in 1.5 and the constant crashes. I could barely play it, it crashed every 5 minutes. 1.35 I can play it with 8 GB or RAM, so no lag even near immense stuff.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
That's some very detailed stuff, there's obviously a lot of work that went into it.
There are still some 1.35 players here and there, I'm sure they will appreciate :)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
For single stages its margin of error is 40m/s. For two stages the margin is 70-ish m/s, not sure really
That'll be the specific impulse is off slightly. There shouldn't be a margin if it's maths. Aside from that, the calculations look sound and the cells all point to the right places.
The only bug I can see is that if there isn't a number (as in, there isn't a zero etc) in all the engines section for the stages, the delta velocity does something nuts

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Oh, this is interesting. And don’t think you are the only one. I only use 1.35 too, and there are several people who still use it too. 1.35 is the superior update.
You are 100% right.

Timmy

Registered
That'll be the specific impulse is off slightly. There shouldn't be a margin if it's maths. Aside from that, the calculations look sound and the cells all point to the right places.
Thanks! Do you know how I can reduce the margin?
The only bug I can see is that if there isn't a number (as in, there isn't a zero etc) in all the engines section for the stages, the delta velocity does something nuts
Ok, thanks again! :) I'll see what I can do about that.

Timmy

Registered
I feel your pain. But what made me move to 1.35 is all the bugs in 1.5 and the constant crashes. I could barely play it, it crashed every 5 minutes. 1.35 I can play it with 8 GB or RAM, so no lag even near immense stuff.
The only time I've experienced lag in 1.35 is when I was orbiting Mercury with a space station and every time I got close to it with another craft (like a lander), my frames would drop. Also when I first got to mercury with that station, I got to ~ 5 meters off the ground while going at orbital speeds, the game didn't like that.
1618617813856.png

DeltaV Calculator

Does it work with Android or iOS

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
It's a Google spreadsheet.
It works anywhere Google works.

"Google Sheets is available as a web application [for Windows, MacOS, Linux], mobile app for: Android, IOS, Windows, BlackBerry OS and as a desktop application on Google's Chrome OS. The app is compatible with Microsoft Excel file formats.[2]"

Additionally it's only valid for SFS version 1.35 as the title says.
As the post you quoted explains, you have to change the values for other versions.
Which is a tedious task compared to looking at a deltaV chart for 1.5:
Delta-V map for SFS 1.5

Last edited: