Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
I went with something pretty simple for my full reuasbility. This is for a large 1st stage but you get the idea.
VideoCapture_20230104-175230.jpg

ILovespace3

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Osiris 11:

Instead of launching the rocket, I was testing out how to refuel the craft. After a few tries, I made the craft perfect for it. It can refuel the rocket 2 times before running out of fuel. To simulate a rocket launch, I stuffed 20 or more Valiant engines into it so it was too heavy to lift off. Then I would let it run at x3 speed. It would then run out and I would refuel the craft. Easy as that! But there is one problem. The refuel cart is a little prone to falling over. I'll handle that in Osiris 12, and then see what happens when I do it for real.

Screenshot (347).png
Screenshot (348).png
Screenshot (349).png
Screenshot (350).png
Screenshot (351).png
Screenshot (352).png
Screenshot (353).png
Screenshot (354).png

Attachments

S

Sportgus

SSTOs with payloads are hard. I suppose landing back on earth shouldn't be too difficult, because heat shields, although you would need to replace parachutes if you wanted a reusable one. Goodluck!

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Or to do a StarFlip....from T+5:50(not video time, but timer in it)
Without explosion and that particular fire, though

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Osiris 11:

Instead of launching the rocket, I was testing out how to refuel the craft. After a few tries, I made the craft perfect for it. It can refuel the rocket 2 times before running out of fuel. To simulate a rocket launch, I stuffed 20 or more Valiant engines into it so it was too heavy to lift off. Then I would let it run at x3 speed. It would then run out and I would refuel the craft. Easy as that! But there is one problem. The refuel cart is a little prone to falling over. I'll handle that in Osiris 12, and then see what happens when I do it for real.

View attachment 97296 View attachment 97297 View attachment 97298 View attachment 97299 View attachment 97300 View attachment 97301 View attachment 97304 View attachment 97305
Put as much mass as possible as close to the bottom as possible.

ILovespace3

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
It works fine for real, but when I try going over a hill, there's this bump that makes half the wheels go off the ground, leaving not enough wheels to be able to traverse it. I could make it fly, but that would mean wasting fuel. But if I don't make it fly, it's going to not be able to get to the landing site at all. Arrrrgggghhhh

S

Sportgus

It works fine for real, but when I try going over a hill, there's this bump that makes half the wheels go off the ground, leaving not enough wheels to be able to traverse it. I could make it fly, but that would mean wasting fuel. But if I don't make it fly, it's going to not be able to get to the landing site at all. Arrrrgggghhhh
Make the wheels have like a bump going into the ground, like how the heatshield goes out a bit but wit wheels.