Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello,

Have you ever dreamt of playing Tetris in the build grid of SFS? This is now possible thanks to this amazing mod!
TetrisMod.gif

You can play normally using the left and right keys, and you can rotate parts either using Q and E, or using the rotate left and right buttons on the right of the screen.

For more challenge, the best from you will be able to increase the game speed up to 5× thanks to the time-warp buttons that have been made available in build mode. Will you be able to follow the pace?

Known bugs:
  • The game will be unable to remove a full line if "unbreakable parts" is activated since it can't destroy the blocks. Please make sure you don't play with that cheat.
  • For a similar reason, "Infinite build area" must not be activated. This will cause the game to fail to detect a full line since the area width is now infinite.

How to install it?

Simply download the Tetris pack attached, unzip its content, and copy the "Tetris Pack" directory under your texture folder.

Then just start the game, activate the mod in the mod loader menu, and enjoy.

Don't hesitate to share your best score! :cool:

That mod was posted on April 1st. It's a prank, the mod itself is fake. Sorry you can't play Tetris in SFS :)
The mod however does something: it's a texture pack that makes available the Tetris block textures for fuel tanks. That's how I made the screenshots and the gif.

Big thanks to all those who participated to the discussion and helped to make the mod credible. :cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Amazing, pity I'm so bad at Tetris. My best score was 20. :(

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Woaw

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Amazing, pity I'm so bad at Tetris. My best score was 20. :(
Heck you're still high than my scores XD

Also Imma put this thing in my brother's PC and he won't gonna stop me on doin that.
(Playing a game inside the game :p)

Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Hello,

Have you ever dreamt of playing Tetris in the build grid of SFS? This is now possible thanks to this amazing mod!
View attachment 101335

You can play normally using the left and right keys, and you can rotate parts either using Q and E, or using the rotate left and right buttons on the right of the screen.

For more challenge, the best from you will be able to increase the game speed up to 5× thanks to the time-warp buttons that have been made available in build mode. Will you be able to follow the pace?

Known bugs:
  • The game will be unable to remove a full line if "unbreakable parts" is activated since it can't destroy the blocks. Please make sure you don't play with that cheat.
  • For a similar reason, "Infinite build area" must not be activated. This will cause the game to fail to detect a full line since the area width is now infinite.

How to install it?

Simply download the Tetris pack attached, unzip its content, and copy the "Tetris Pack" directory under your texture folder.

awesome! :p

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hello,

View attachment 101335

Known bugs:

How to install it?

Are the blocks separate parts btw?

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Wow, this is amazing! Unfortunately I suck at Tetris and only got to 24 high score

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Are the blocks separate parts btw?
Yes, the mod introduces 7 new independant parts for that purpose (the yellow and green parts both have a symmetrical form). They are totally independant from the rocket parts of course.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
One second before disaster...
TetrisGame.jpg

This is harder than I thought, honestly I think I should increase the rate of blue bars... o_O

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Is there any known "correct" rates of pieces for original tetris game?
I assumed rates were balanced for every part, but strictly speaking I don't know. The real question is, should the two forms of the yellow and green parts be considered separate parts or not? Those two have a symmetrical form...

Does this go in parts, mods, or texture packs? I simply put it in mods but it didn't show up.
This goes into Texture packs. Despite being a mod it comes in the form of a texture pack, that's because the new textures are the main addition to the game.

I assumed rates were balanced for every part, but strictly speaking I don't know. The real question is, should the two forms of the yellow and green parts be considered separate parts or not? Those two have a symmetrical form...

This goes into Texture packs. Despite being a mod it comes in the form of a texture pack, that's because the new textures are the main addition to the game.

Thank you!

It showed up in the modloader, but it didn't show up in the build menu. Do I need to click a button, or place a part, or something?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
It showed up in the modloader, but it didn't show up in the build menu. Do I need to click a button, or place a part, or something?
You need to create a new world. You normally have a choice between "Classic", "Career" and "Sandbox". With the mod you normally have a 4th option which is "Tetris". Select it, go into the build menu and the game should start.

You need to create a new world. You normally have a choice between "Classic", "Career" and "Sandbox". With the mod you normally have a 4th option which is "Tetris". Select it, go into the build menu and the game should start.
i see the emphasis on "normally", considering it's not there for me

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
APRIL FOOLS!!!

Yes, that mod is actually a fake. Sorry you can't play Tetris in SFS. A big thank to those who participated to the discussion and contributed to make the mod credible.

And thanks to the 19 people that trusted me enough to release a Tetris mod on April 1st :)
Screenshot_20230402_095324_Chrome.jpg

The mod is fake, but it still does something: it's a texture pack that makes the Tetris blocks textures available for fuel tanks. That's how I made all the screenshots.

The joke is revealed when you activate the mod in the mod loader menu:
AprilFools.jpg

at least if that damned icon works...

You can use it to make some beautiful Tetris themed rockets if you like:
20230401221501_1.jpg

And of course nothing forces you to follow the shape of Tetris parts. Blocks are independant fuel tanks, you can arrange every block as you like :)