Post your best web links. Aerospace, aircraft, heated airship balloon, scientific discovery ....

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Wrong way up, we're landing downwards!
Then you'd never be static. Again, not withstanding the fact you're in freefall at this point, again the drag the water generates on the floats would push your aircraft in the direction it is moving, downwards.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Imagine NASA making that video
It would be an hour long talk about enhancing future capabilities in line with the long history of NASA, how it wants to build on minor setbacks with the input of 100 billion dollars, space shuttle nostalgia and seeing how long it'll take before someone mentions Apollo accidentally.

There'd absolutely not be a monty python sketch. And that is why I've got any kind of time for spaceX

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
It would be an hour long talk about enhancing future capabilities in line with the long history of NASA, how it wants to build on minor setbacks with the input of 100 billion dollars, space shuttle nostalgia and seeing how long it'll take before someone mentions Apollo accidentally.

There'd absolutely not be a monty python sketch. And that is why I've got any kind of time for spaceX
Do you think NASA would actually get to an Asteroid in 2025?

“Here at NASA we’re working night and day to maintain our PR rating with the Flat Earth Society so we can continue struggling to maintain our baseline programs with a paltry budget, make everyone somewhat satisfied and not cede our world class reputation too quickly; please don’t call your congressman with wild rants about wasting money on Martians, we are the free world, really, please...”

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Do you think NASA would actually get to an Asteroid in 2025?
There's lots of things I think NASA could do if they weren't subject to the whims of the elected class.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Forget earth's roache limit, every planet would just fall into Jupiter!

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Jupiter seems kinda small for Saturn but idk

...and I wonder if “same distance as Moon” doesn’t mean surface to surface
Gas giants to scale below.
Jupiter is massive compared to Saturn, but much denser and thus not much bigger.

Attachments