Search results

1. Earl

conlang

A conlang (short for constructed language) is a language whose words, phonology, etc. are created consciously (as opposed to being formed over time like most languages). In short, a conlang is a fictional language. I'm not sure if anyone here has tried making one before, but if you have, feel...
  2. Earl

Dead Lifting

So I recently got my old save back on my new phone, meaning I can now make much larger vehicles and projects. To celebrate the retrieval of the save, I decided to kick it off with a 12 kiloton payload to orbit. I'll post some screenshots in a reply right after this, and I'll post a video of the...
  3. Earl

Leg Day

I was recently building random things, when I came up with a new landing leg design. After a bit of testing, I found that it can safely hold 1000 tons. If you want to use it', feel free. (Infinite fuel was used so the mass didn't decrease as I deployed the legs) Feel free to use this design...
  4. Earl

exploring eternia

I've never taken a lot of time to explore eternia, so I decided to look around it a bit. I am currently preparing a station to explore with. Pictures to come soon.
  5. Earl

My station

Here is my space station! It is ~24 kilotons. Some notable parts are the 10 kt tank, shuttle, and cafeTEAria.
  6. Earl

VR games

I have been spending most of my free time in VR recently, so I decided to make a thread about it. This thread is for everything VR related!
  7. Earl

Earl's Team Hawk/Everything Entry

I decided I would do every challenge, since I have too much free time. I put them all in a google drive for better organization. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1kMubuDo_mlwWaoclk8zaq3530RIT8hJ (yeah, I know I didn't go to a jovian moon, I ran out of time.)
  8. Earl

My Builds

I'm just making this thread to occasionally post my builds. Here is one of them. More to come later (probably)
  9. Earl

My first 1.5 shuttle

So, I recently decided to make a shuttle in 1.5, since I haven't done that yet. This is the thread for it. Not sure about the name yet, but here it is. It can almost reach orbit without boosters (as long as there is no payload). I still need to make boosters though.
  10. Earl

Landing Legs (1.5)

I started working on some landing legs and similar mechanisms, so I decided to make a new and improved thread.
  11. Earl

KSP Cinematics

Recently finished this video in ksp.
  12. Earl

Second stage reusability concept

This is a concept I thought of for the reuse of second stage engines (in real life). This probably has been discussed before, but I thought I would share my take on it. The purpose of this is to save the most expensive part of the second stage, the engines. It works as follows. The initial...
  13. Earl

My Station Development Thread

I've decided to continue working on my station. I figured I'd make a thread to show my progress. Here is what I have so far.
  14. Earl

Old Features

There are some old features that were removed. Some of these features added a lot to the game. Here is a place to list some of those features that we would like to see implemented back in the game. Here is one for mine: Parachutes adapting to parts above
  15. Earl

Spaceflight Relics

A thread to show any cool spaceflight related things you have found! It can be whatever (a spacesuit you saw, a picture of a rocket, etc) as long as it's space related. Share your cool discoveries!
  16. Earl

My Falcon 9 Replica (WIP)

This is my work in progress falcon 9 Replica. It will be as close to real scale as I can get. Oh, it also uses bp editing. I attached the bp I have so far.
  17. Earl

Toy planet pack

Is the solar system too big for you? Are missions always too daunting for you? Well I have just the pack for you! Presenting: the toy planet pack! Each body is 1/10 size. So are orbits and atmospheres!
  18. Earl

"reached low moon orbit" spam

I put a satellite in a low orbit around the moon, and the game started spamming me with "reached low moon orbit". I was in a stable orbit, and never left
  19. Earl

Realistic Style Missions

The goal is to do a mission the way they would be performed in real life. Obviously, builds can be scaled to the size of the game's solar system. This means there should be things like crew quarters, solar arrays, etc. There aren't really any official guidelines to this, I just thought it...
  20. Earl

EM Rocket Family

The EM rocket family is my first family of reusable rockets. It starts with the EM-1A. It has a reusable first stage and a disposable second stage. The first stage needs about 10% fuel to land starting in space. It uses about 3% for a reentry burn, and the remaining 7% for landing.
  21. Earl

A Docking Tutorial

Made this for a few people who couldn't dock in 1.5, figured I'd post it here.
  22. Earl

Kiloton Club

The challenge is pretty simple. You need to transport a payload of 1 kiloton (1000 tons) into orbit. Rules: Multiple launches are allowed Cheats are allowed for initial construction Payload must be transported all in one go No cheats for the actual launch Payload BP provided for your...
  23. Earl

Reddit SSTOs (1.5 Edition)

Now that drag has been patched, reddit SSTOs have become impossible... Or have they? The challenge is to create the smallest SSTO you can. You know the drill: - No cheats - No glitches - Stock solar system Good luck!
  24. Earl

Faithful RSS

An RSS system for SFS 1.5! This pack is the stock system, just resized. Planets, distances and atmospheres have been rescaled to their real sizes. This pack currently only has the stock 1.5 planets. Let me know what you think!
  25. Earl

Glitches and Exploits

If you find any glitches or exploits, share them here! This thread is partially to have fun with them and partially to point them out.