Search results

1. Roger Jolly

Starhopper vs Mars

Phobos Mission 1a: Prospector Base, load, launch, land Payload: Phobos is so small, I’m big :p After quite some time coming to rest in pinnacle crater
  2. Roger Jolly

Venus Land and Return

How many models I do not know, quite the endeavor handling the Venusian wind; Here’s a few pics I happen to have from the evolutionary path The original lander, the blunt base proved impossibly unstable in the lower atmosphere I didn’t take a full pic of the final lander coming in, here’s the...
  3. Roger Jolly

Slow Entry

Return your favorite transport vessel into and through the atmosphere as slow as possible No way to prove exact velocity without video, but we’re all honest here I’m sure I started with a max target of 500mps: Empty hold, 42km orbit, 32% fuel, ready... Needed 2 high/med altitude burns to keep...
  4. Roger Jolly

Starhopper Moon Base

So after building a Starhopper on a whim, why not spend a week performing a tedious build with it!?! Not the tightest joint, but it that’s itSuicide burn #?...who’s counting, I’m done, not bad for no chutesThe project planner and a sample rocket, note I added a solar array pole and did some...
  5. Roger Jolly

Covid Update from Inside the Wall

Seems my original thread was deleted, but idling past a pair of boots sticking out from under a highway patrol blanket on the shoulder of I-70 in Missouri next to a rolled SUV on this sunny day a great conjunction occurred to me today and suggested an update to the situation here in the good...
  6. Roger Jolly

System Habitation and Industry

Moon-Phobos-Astroid Belt A three step plan for the foundation of Humanity’s domination of the Solar System and future expansion into interstellar space before the Klingons come and take our toys away 1) Luna Moon fuel production a temporary foothold with the moon’s finite resources, a great...
  7. Roger Jolly

PPE follow up course in case you weren’t paying attention the first time

1: Masks This is a dust mask:It is made for keeping shop dust out of your nose at work, it offers no protection against microbes whatsoever This is a medical mask:It offers limited protection to people around the wearer if it is fresh and worn correctly, it offers no real protection in the...
  8. Roger Jolly

InStOP Tiny Rockets to the Stars

The InterStellar Observation Program is working to further the development of the international launch cadence by commissioning it’s interstellar probe to the world space flight community for long term regular launch Nestled in this fantastic little probe is the most fantastic algorithmic...
  9. Roger Jolly

Comet iOS

This isn’t cheating, it’s an act of GodFirst try I went looking for the Sun’s parabolic limit, I didn’t find itAnd sorta broke things...My comet jumped back and froze at the peri apsis, but went back into orbit when I reboot the game for a second attempt though the crude angular path marker...
  10. Roger Jolly

Europa Dipper: Gravity Assist Primer

The Plan: Go to Europa... Land, Dig a Well for Samples and Return with the biggest damn landing rig possible on an all in one no refuel launch and trip I’m going to make my effort a bit of a tutorial for saving fuel, though I’m no expert; Additional tips would be great Part 1: The Trip to...
  11. Roger Jolly

Inner Planetary Shuttle System

Don’t want to stifle anything with particular rules, but here’s my opening plan and execution: Basic: Reusable Shuttle and Travel rockets with probably disposable Orbital rockets Obviously to reduce total payload costs from Earth but more so as transport for off-Earth manufactured materials...
  12. Roger Jolly

Contraptions

Do we have a thread for, um, misc builds? Such as say a shovel: Or a dump truck
  13. Roger Jolly

Ugliest Rocket

Sure, you could spend millions engineering a custom rocket that’ll launch who knows when, or just strip down a used design, strap on your payload with bailing wire and launch right now