Search results

1. Anoki

Publish your best web links. Spaceflight Simulator (SFS)

NASA, in case you're watching: 1. I'm a dumbass 2. I saved the crew, pieced together a battered space station, dealt with a malfunctioning engine, and settled safely into Mars orbit to await rescue 3. I'm a dumbass
  2. Anoki

Does some one know when the 1.5 v will start

Stef's probably adding all these cool new features, and making sure it doesn't have any nasty bugs. In my opinion, he should release a beta to those who keep asking. Then when all their save files are corrupted, he'll reply with "Well, you didn't want to wait for a stable release."
  3. Anoki

NASAs lift problem

The five engines themselves produced 220 decibels. That's enough to melt concrete a few feet away. According to a user on Reddit who was referenced in an article (I'm gonna take a dumb risk and trust this guy): "At 500 meters [from the launch pad], at 155 db you would experience painful, violent...
  4. Anoki

If you could change one event in history what would it be?

Also, I've been thinking. If you really were to go back and change something, say, give the Wright brothers modern jetliner blueprints, what would happen? History would be altered forever. The Wright brothers will have always had those plans. If they always had those plans, you wouldn't go back...
  5. Anoki

If you could change one event in history what would it be?

I'd bring a history textbook to the 18th century. I don't want to go further back than that, though. I'd be hanged for witchcraft when something actually happened.
  6. Anoki

Getting Fuel into Orbit

Honestly, I have no concern for the dwindling fossil fuel supply or the politics on my fictional planet, so I spend unholy amounts of fuel to put a constellation of these in LEO, lunar and Mars orbit.
  7. Anoki

Space Station

8. Anoki

Space Station

You don't understand the exhale that came with this discovery. Port does not dock when you forget the second port! Sigh...
  9. Anoki

Open Modloader for PC

You can find the download and instructions for installation here: https://jmnet.one/sfs/forum/index.php?threads/sfsml-1-35.751/
  10. Anoki

Rocket Lab textures for 1.35

I plan to make more, I just don't have ideas :c
  11. Anoki

NASAs lift problem

If you ever doubt NASA (or feel discouraged from your rocketry dreams), just remember that we strapped four Titan boosters onto a fully stacked and functional Saturn V "Screw you, N-1"
  12. Anoki

Abort Towers (Including those pusher system)

Oh- you people have 1.4, I'm still stuck on PC. :c
  13. Anoki

Abort Towers (Including those pusher system)

I do wish it was possible to use small rocket motors. That would make launch escape towers and such easier.
  14. Anoki

Update Peeks 2

It's possible you could go out with quite a bang either way. You could hold records for: Loneliest person Saddest person Saddest, loneliest person Highest altitude attained Longest survival on canned air Longest survival in a can First person to attempt re-entry with a Grasshopper engine and no...
  15. Anoki

Important Download for pc

I got an error like that when I tried to run a mod meant for 1.31 on 1.35. Try this link, I uploaded the original zipped file to my website. It should be vanilla. If you get the same error again, I don't know what it would be then. http://havoc.codes/space/sfs.html
  16. Anoki

My Missions to the Outer Planets

Enceladus looks like a confusing trig graph.
  17. Anoki

Official Records

I'll come up with detailed guidelines for each. For velocity, I was planning to include gravity assists. I'll revise "structure" to "payload". An I'll cut the last one.
  18. Anoki

Official Records

Each attempt would, hopefully, come with enough proof that it's easy to compare with other attempts. The fastest, quickest, or most fuel-efficient one would win.
  19. Anoki

Official Records

A thread for submitting SFS record attempts? Of course, there would be guidelines. For example, if attempting a record for the fastest Mars landing, you have to have proof of the entire journey by attaching a video, and the probe must be soft-landed without damage. Sandbox mode cannot be used...
  20. Anoki

Share Some Cool Quotes

Yes, it's silly. It's silly and fun and ridiculous and groundbreaking. Just because something's silly doesn't mean it's not important.
  21. Anoki

What's the dumbest thing you've ever done in SFS?

When I was making my first suborbital flights, I was experimenting with sandbox mode. When my capsules re-entered, they didn't slow down at all. This happened about five times before I learned to keep "No drag" off.
  22. Anoki

Any good launch towers out there

Also, this rocket never flew. Lugging along two spent boosters is not a good idea.
  23. Anoki

Any good launch towers out there

It's the Rocket Lab texture pack I made.