Search results

1. S

For the Purist. Shuttle Replica. No clipping!

Well. A little clipping. And a couple of minor upgrades, using heritage systems. Like; -Laser mounted engine pods. -A wheel on the nose for traversing the moon in “unicycle mode” Input always welcome!
  2. S

Idea for a launch tower retractable access arm.

Minus umbilicals ofc
  3. S

INTRODUCING! the Debris Flinger 8000!!

Imagine it. That feeling of being pushed back into your seat, as the launch vehicle shudders and shakes violently. And you can feel the deafening rumble of the engines as they propel you away from the earth. From the corner of your eye, you notice the sky begin to darken, as the last of the...
  4. S

My... Swiss Army spaceship?

I don’t really know what I was setting out to do here. But. It’s a 3 section modular ship. The forward section (bridge) has a set of frontiers in it. Mostly to assist the ship launching. Something smaller would work also. I just liked the economy. And that section can lift itself from...
  5. S

The start of my HEO station. Input appreciated

This is the start of my station/deepspace observation post. It’s partially built, so the panels aren’t in place yet. I’m sort of at a standstill and looking for advice on what to add next. Or. Idk. What’s missing. Ideas or opinions are welcome. Habitation Module Resources storage tanks...
  6. S

Suggestions for getting large amounts of fuel into orbit?

I’m starting a new station. And right now I’m using this ridiculous behemoth. With it I get about 60% of the refueler itselfs fuel into space (not including booster stages). And am using this fuel transfer tug thingy to pull it into place and transfer the fuel. It just worked better for me than...
  7. S

Are there any other SFS communities?

Maybe something a bit more active, and/or friendly?
  8. S

Does anyone have a good blueprint for swiveling/rotating parts?

I haven’t been able to find any specific instructions on how to make parts swivel, but not fall apart.
  9. S

Modular Transport Shuttle port

I’m also having a hard time deciding on the design of the shuttles. Opinions? Wings in. A bit more compact. Wider wings. This allowed me to add landing legs without overcrowding. But I’m not really sure how necessary those are. I intended these to be a form of station to station transport...
  10. S

Mini Lander and Rover.

I actually designed a whole different rover at first. It didn’t occur to me until I was done that I couldn’t turn it around. That means I gotta either drive it backwards, or go the rest of the way around the moon to get home. No So I went with something symmetrical. I put legs on the rover...
  11. S

A smaller lunar lander.

I posted another one here recently. This one is a bit smaller.
  12. S

My take on a modern Lunar Lander

CONSTRUCTIVE criticism welcome.
  13. S

A couple futuristic ships

Shuttle & Interplanetary transport. Im not happy with the bigger ships proportions- it just doesn’t look right…. So I’m still working on it. Input always welcome.
  14. S

Futuristic lunar base

Futuristic Lunar base