Search results

1. Laika

Actually Complete Solar System (ACSS) Release Thread

UPDATE: As promised, I’m trying to provide an update and post something every Wednesday and Sunday. Progress Report: We’ll I haven’t made much progress since getting the site online (took it easy for a few days to recuperate). I did get the selection menu “functional”, as in you can select the...
  2. Laika

EmberSkyMedia thanks for the insight. Honestly I feel the same, it’s not exactly the best spot to have users download the pack. It was really only just supposed to be a placeholder until I could get something better going (which I believe I do now with the ACSS site). I’ll still keep the GitHub...
  3. Laika

Kormak I had a feeling this question would come up, it's not very straightforward on how to download from GitHub. Since I have the site up now, I've added a Download button... Laika SFS - ACSS Planet Pack Alternatively you can use this direct download link... Laika SFS - ACSS Planet Pack -...
  4. Laika

NeilaSchweitz thanks so much for that HTML template, I've finally got the website up now!... Laika SFS - ACSS Planet Pack It's not "functional" in any sense of the word, the menu is not interactable yet. I've only just got the resources provisioned BUT I do have it dynamically creating those...
  5. Laika

Altaïr thanks for that! You're certainly spot on with your insight there, I simply removed the ATMOSPHERE_PHYSICS_DATA section completely. Europa only has a tenuous atmosphere so it's barely even there. Also looking at the Example solar system they too do not have any atmosphere physics defined...
  6. Laika

Sorry Kormak I didn’t have time to take a look at that Timewarp Hight Issue for Europa, I’ll try to dig into it tomorrow. Wow NeilaSchweitz thanks for that! I’ll use that as a template, very helpful!
  7. Laika

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll take a look at this tonight. I’ve created an issue in the GitHub for this… Europa Timewarp Height
  8. Laika

UPDATE: I've enhanced the exporting into SFS format (some of the data was missing and/or in the wrong order) and added importing from SFS format. Hey Laika, I've noticed you keep posting new updates on Sundays and Wednesdays, is that on purpose? Well no actually, it just happens to be a happy...
  9. Laika

Yes, that's quite a good idea and I imagine it can be added easily. Thanks for the suggestion!
  10. Laika

Yes, that's the end goal, though I'll probably have it available as a website to support multiple platforms. It would be too difficult to develop and support a script that would run on each platform (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.). Plus many devices nowadays have disabled running scripts like that...
  11. Laika

UPDATE: I’ve added to the code base so I can translate the ACSS database and save it as JSON (which is the format used in the PlanetData files). Gee Laika, what does that even mean? Good Question, that just means that I can develop ACSS at a quicker pace by using a central database and...
  12. Laika

NeilaSchweitz Yes, I believe anyone with a GitHub account should have that ability, though please do correct me if I’m wrong. Good question though, it certainly would be nice to have ppl using those features, allows for easier tracking of issues and makes sure things get addressed properly...
  13. Laika

Here's a GitHub repository I created for ACSS, that's where I'll be pushing any updates and changes to. You'll be able to follow the development as it goes and I've updated the README with the proper installation instructions for this current version of ACSS as it was mentioned earlier in this...
  14. Laika

Hey folks, Laika here. Just want to say sorry for being MIA for so long. I was getting notifications to my email from this thread, but then they stopped. I've been working on getting a database running that can hold all the planet data so I can make changes easily and hopefully get those...
  15. Laika

haha no problem! Just glad to help lol I was reading through this thread and the dev thread a bit last night. Seems you were also having trouble converting the Planet Data to the new 1.5 format. I created a program to convert them, it works quite well, though I did make it remove all the...
  16. Laika

OK, here we go... I have each pack separate and as a standalone Custom Solar System. Each can be used on their own, or combined. A few notes on combining: If combining the Extrasolar pack, be sure to use the Sun.txt from this pack and override the others. (this one has a special orbit config...
  17. Laika

Oh man, sorry about that lol I’ll share them another way. I was working on separating them into the different packs this morning. So I’ll test those out to be sure they work and post them again tonight.
  18. Laika

Ok OK so that link apparently only has the one with everything, so here’s a link for the mobile version… Download ACSS 1.2.1 MOBILE via file.io Also these links should be good for 1 year.
  19. Laika

Hey I fixed a lot of the errors on these. The ones with missing textures, I switched them to transparent. Not sure how that will be trying to land on though. I thought it would be funny, I’ll probably make another version with generic textures so they can be visible. As for the Curve9, I just...