Search results

1. J3 Mângo

Alpha Centauri planet pack

Hey all! This is the Alpha Centauri pack 0.5 (beta) and if you don’t know what Alpha Centauri is, it’s the closest star system to the Sun it’s 4.24-4.37 ly from it. Now let’s have a few pictures: A and B start this close in the addon, never touching each other’s gravity spheres! Proxima is...
  2. J3 Mângo

Help on a challenge.

I haven’t tried a challenge in a while and I was thinking of doing the 700t challenge but I can’t get a good design. I would like some ideas or advice to design a rocket that can lift the 700t to orbit.
  3. J3 Mângo

HAT-P-193 (again)?

You should know me already? Right? No?! Oh fine! Im J3 Mângo, creator of HAT-P-193! (Satisfied now reader)? I have made the decision to continue development on the system and oh boy do I have lots in store for you! If you have any good ideas for a future update, feel free to tell me and I can...
  4. J3 Mângo

Favourite natural satellite/moon?

So on the star one I did it was pretty good; so I thought I would try it with moons. One of my favourites is Enceladus as it erupts water from its poles possibly hinting at an underground ocean on it. So get naming… Again!
  5. J3 Mângo

Jupiter Star!

In this add-on, Jupiter gets 78x more massive and turns into a low-mass, ultra-cool red dwarf of spectral type M9V. Because of Jupiter being a star now, it’s moon- or should I say planets fall into its habitable zone. Europa and Ganymede’s ice melts and water appears, but no atmosphere. The...
  6. J3 Mângo

Name your favourite star and why?

Here you can name your favourite star and why! One of my favourites is HD 10180 which has 6 planets confirmed and 3 unconfirmed so theoretically it could have 9 if the 3 get confirmed… So what are you waiting for? Get Naming!
  7. J3 Mângo

Exoplanet Stereotype

You are very close to your star (less than 0.5 AU), you have orbital inclination over 60° (polar orbit), and you are similarly sized to Jupiter!
  8. J3 Mângo

Help me make a system

I’m stopping all planet packs I’m making (except the one for UN Cosmo Navy). And I need ideas. The new pack will start around the star HD 100546 and you as a community can help me. Who’s in? PS: I’m stopping HAT-P-193 development too.
  9. J3 Mângo

What a mess!

I am going to make a planet pack for UN Cosmo Navy and Epsilon Eridani and Tau Ceti are just a mess! I can’t find the radius of half of the exoplanets or Epsilon Eridani c but I can just calculate it. (Yes thanks Gurren Lagann for telling me how).
  10. J3 Mângo

The race of light

18th February 2067: J3 Mângo here, Earth is succumbed to a very powerful solar flare boosting the sun’s luminosity by 10’s has hit Earth killing all known life. The humans have escaped and we are making contact to Alpha Centauri. We must get to there! Colonise every planet and that’s that...
  11. J3 Mângo

Who?

Who is GSP? I feel like I remember them doing something?
  12. J3 Mângo

CoRoT-7 System

The CoRoT-7 system is a binary system 489 ly (149 pc) away consisting of an Orange and Red Dwarf in the constellation Monoceros. The primary star (CoRoT-7 A) has 3 super earth planets orbiting it very closely, which makes them some of the hottest known exoplanets.
  13. J3 Mângo

Community planet pack

Hello, I would like to create a community planet pack on the Alpha Centauri system. Any object can be added along as it’s not offensive in some way. I will say when it’s a go!
  14. J3 Mângo

My 500th message

It’s my 500th message, Woo hoo!
  15. J3 Mângo

Planet editor submission

I noticed there were ranks to get on planet editing, and I would like to enter with a simple planet: Boron-is and its moon Iso. Download:
  16. J3 Mângo

A submission and a community opportunity?

Hi guys I’m back, a while ago I created the Castor system for YourrandomComrade’s AIU (An idiot’s universe). And I would like to enter the pack into the planet editor submission, if it actually exists?! But anyway I would also like to create a community pack where you can add things like planets...
  17. J3 Mângo

Squashed egg shape?

Im trying to make a object with a squashed sphere shape. Like 4 Vesta… does anyone know what heightmaps I would need to use to do so?
  18. J3 Mângo

Small help on the Jovian challenge…

Ok I was playing around with rockets on sfs and I thought “how about I give the Jovian moon challenge a go?” - Well I did. I built a rocket, tested it, and it is able to get to a Jovian moon and back to Earth. Buuut… Like on the mars challenge I did a while ago, I need help how to re-enter...
  19. J3 Mângo

Galileo space probe

On 18th October 1989, the Galileo spacecraft was launched towards Jupiter to study the planet. It flew by Earth and Venus for gravity boosts and flew by 2 asteroids (3 kinda) 951 Gaspra, 243 Ida and it’s small moon Dacdyl. I built the probe in sfs...
  20. J3 Mângo

Trying to find the captured asteroid

Trying to find the captured asteroid on the map be like:
  21. J3 Mângo

Neptune and its moons:

List of moons: Naiad Thalassa Despina Galatea Larissa Hippocamp Proteus Triton Nereid Halimede Sao Laomedia c02N4 (unconfirmed moon) Psamathe Neso ——————————————————————— You can use the moons for any other planet pack I don’t mind… So enjoy! Note: the moons have accurate orbits distance and...
  22. J3 Mângo

Ask for an asteroid

Ok, on this thread you can ask me to make an asteroid into sfs and make it a planet pack/file. Fictional asteroids can be asked for here too.
  23. J3 Mângo

Rings for Neptune?

Does anyone have a good ring texture for Neptune?
  24. J3 Mângo

Advice for a good shuttle?

Im building a shuttle for a blueprint that will deploy many small probes on a bar. The cargo system and the flight controls work well, but the landing and doing re entry is hard to achieve. Usually dropping below 10 km where Earth’s atmosphere density is the thickest until the ground. After this...
  25. J3 Mângo

You get to choose what planet pack I do

Choose and ill do it…