Search results

1. mariohobbs

Change part strength

How do I like change how strong a part is, like how a wheel is stronger than a fuel tank. I’m trying to get knowledge on this without having to open the mod editor so I don’t crash my computer.
  2. mariohobbs

Vanilla colors

Is there a way to get more colors without having to use mods, say if i wanted to add a logo with red in it to a spaceship or something? I could use mods but i want people playing the inferior version to be able to load up my rockets.
  3. mariohobbs

BP-Edit A circle

Howdy, I'm working on some recreations of some rockets in a thread but i keep running into an annoying issue. Circles. I can't make a decent circle to save my life. And the few good circles i've made have part counts higher than the moon. So any way to make low part count circles quickly? (No...
  4. mariohobbs

Ogon Recreation ships

This thread will be dedicated to my recreations of ships painted by master ogon in this thread My space painting This first ship seems to be some sort of either SSTO or an upper stage of a different rocket, I've given it 3331.4 m/s of delta V Rocket Link
  5. mariohobbs

Atlas,

Had I but died an hour before this chance, I had lived a blessed time; for from this instant There's nothing serious in mortality: All is but toys; renown and grace is dead; The wine of life is drawn, and the mere lees Is left this vault to brag of.
  6. mariohobbs

PSA: SFS on Macintosh

In case you aren't aware there are two independent versions of SFS for mac. There is the steam version and there is the APP store. The app store version is free but doesn't have the expansions or mod support. The Steam version is not free but it comes with expansions and mod support. But what's...
  7. mariohobbs

Tutorial: how to get a mission log

with the recent-ish addition of the challenge log (its been like 6 months) it can be quite frustrating doing an entire mission, recovering the object and then just getting some seemingly random challenge logs, and only for challenges not filled out so here's some ways to get the mission log...
  8. mariohobbs

Team Titan (Again)

Since my official team titan entry is 2 years old and uses ion engines i figure i'd re-do it so I don't seem like a hypocrite when insulting others over their team titan missions. (My old attempt: Team Titan Entry ) I forgot that boosters count as a stage and accidentally made a 4 stage rocket...
  9. mariohobbs

hobbs' Crappy art thread

Well, since i draw sometimes and i might aswell get free forum publicity for my art, art thread time. I post on pixiv here in case anyone wants to view my older stuff, though pixiv can be a bit of a dodgy site so watch out. Gunslinger for today's pixiv theme of "Hat" Its time to do your amogus...
  10. mariohobbs

Hinges

Alright, i've started working on some custom landing gear for some new ships, but i have this annoying issue where my landing gear keeps glitching itself apart, sometimes it just leaves the bearing somehow, and sometimes it glitches and smashes into the rocket, and sometimes nothing happens. Any...
  11. mariohobbs

Basic shuttle

a basic shuttle: Rocket Link It is made to shuttle things from a moon base to LEO or to a LMO station. It does not have heat shields since it is rated for somewhere between zero and one atmospheres of pressure
  12. mariohobbs

Non-standard Orbital craft

A simple craft with non-standard staging, it should have enough delta V to make it to orbit, though i over-design most things and it can likely get farther. The staging is non standard because the second stage is like a launch escape system in the way it is. though it is still not the craziest...
  13. mariohobbs

Fairings that don't detach

I've been working on some stuff but i keep accidentally detaching the decorative fairings, is there a way to make it so they can't detach? sliding detach edges to be deactivated has not been working for me.
  14. mariohobbs

SSTM

A single stage rocket that'll get ya into mars orbit. Rocket Link
  15. mariohobbs

Fly me to the moon

Likely the only build i will ever detail Rocket Link I'll add the logs for the shuttle itself in the next post
  16. mariohobbs

Custom parts

Howdy, I'm working on a custom parts pack that'll add some geometric shapes for building: (ex: equilatoral triangle, right triangle, archway, semi-circle, trapezoid, circle, ring, etc...) but i want to add some functionality yet i do not know how; I want to make it like a fuel tank where you can...
  17. mariohobbs

More shades of gray

Are there any texture packs that add more grayscale colors like a darker black and stuff? And are there any mods that make the color picking easier (so I don’t have to use text to pick a color) oh and are there any mods that add like a way to like nail a rocket down to a planet, It’s hard to do...
  18. mariohobbs

I despise Javascript

"oh its so easy" you may say, and that is entirely true but it is so freaking annoying to use, because it is pretty much python but a few things are weird and that always throws me off (Like those stupid semicolons after everything). If it were up to me javascript would never be made, The worst...
  19. mariohobbs

Long Range Nuclear Missile

With the Rapid Militarization of the Callisto Trade Alliance, A weapon must be created for defense against their battleships, And as such I have created the Hobbs LRNM. The Hobbs Space Tech LRNM Is packed with one nuclear warhead, 4930.9 M/S of Delta V. The payload is also shielded with heat...
  20. mariohobbs

KFS - 1 Kiloton to moon rocket

A simple rocket that requires Kerbal Flight Simulator mod, It can take a kiliton to the moon, and if you have skillz can probably land it too. Rocket Link
  21. mariohobbs

Guide: Custom Height maps

WARNING: This guide was written by hoojoo on steam and i am simply reposting it here, The information could be completely innacurate, follow at your own risk. (Source: Steam Community :: Guide :: A Guide on Custom Heightmaps ) In this guide I will go over how to create your own custom heightmap...
  22. mariohobbs

Partcolor as a variable

im working on some neat custom parts and im wondering if there is a way to change part color using a variable? Like say an ion engine that turns red depending on how much thrust you use or something. Or like a part that pulses and changes color like a freaking RGB gamer rocket. Or like a fuel...
  23. mariohobbs

Planet editing stuff

In the planet data file? What is really required? Can i just like delete some tags? Like do i need radius difficulty scale? I'm making a quick tool to streamline the whole making a planet thing and this is an annoying part that i want to be done with, So the less I have to write to the text...
  24. mariohobbs

Python Custom Solar system editor

A quick lil' custom solar system maker in python. It can create things but it does not have the ability to edit planet data yet, Though it can create heightmaps. GitHub - mariohobbs645/SFS-SystemMaker: Python based custom solar system editor for Spaceflight Simulator I am working on adding the...
  25. mariohobbs

Moon Return Ship - Kolibri

A quick moon return ship, powered by only kolibri engines. Rocket Link