1.4 Known Issues

I'm a bit surprised that there isn't already a thread pinned, so I figured I'd make one.

1- Electric Power doesn't recharge faster on time compression.

2- Electric Power doesn't charge while a different Rover/Ship/Whatever-that-thing-is is in use.

3- The largest fairing lacks interior attachment points.

4- Things landed on a Moon/Planet may suddenly warp into space when something else enters the "no time compression allowed" landing threshold, especially if time compression was on at that moment. (Though this might also be due to quantum entanglement teleportation, in which case, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LOOK?! Now the cat is dead...)

5- A one ton electric battery holds about the same kWh as a pair of AA batteries. (I'm listing this as a bug because Ion Engines are near useless due to the added weight required to use them outweigh any fuel efficiency benefits) It also requires 4 tons of nuclear generators to power 1 wheel... Where's that bunny when you need him?

6- Things tend to get stuck and/or blow up if forced to intersect another object. (ie. Opening solar panels into another object that has nowhere to go) This can also occur during docking if the docking occurs at an angle, as the second object "warp-rotates" to correct itself.

7- Wheels stop working under heavy loads.

8- Wheels use the same button as rotate, sometimes causing the vehicle to tilt slightly, and thus putting the entire load on a single wheel, causing the above, or to completely flip forwards.

9- Sometimes the ground turns to quick-sand and allows objects to fall through (especially when heavy objects try to rotate while on grass)

10- You can't zoom out enough in build mode to see the boarder if you were working near the center. Therefore, when you try to swipe your screen to change the camera view but there's parts everywhere filling the entire screen, you have nowhere to put your thumb without messing up the build. (Especially an issue when trying to get different sized fairings and tanks to join up neatly)

11-https://jmnet.one/sfs/forum/index.php?threads/deorbiting-glitch.3311/

That's all I can think of for now, anyone else see something that I missed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
10- You can't zoom out enough in build mode to see the boarder if you were working near the center. Therefore, when you try to swipe your screen to change the camera view but there's parts everywhere filling the entire screen, you have nowhere to put your thumb without messing up the build. (Especially an issue when trying to get different sized fairings and tanks to join up neatly)
I have a work around for that, what device are you on?

11- The "Closest Approach" text disappears as the line gets smaller, and then the line disappears too, unless you zoom in on it... If you can find it...

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I'm a bit surprised that there isn't already a thread pinned, so I figured I'd make one.

1- Electric Power doesn't recharge faster on time compression.

2- Electric Power doesn't charge while a different Rover/Ship/Whatever-that-thing-is is in use.

3- The largest fairing lacks interior attachment points.

4- Things landed on a Moon/Planet may suddenly warp into space when something else enters the "no time compression allowed" landing threshold, especially if time compression was on at that moment. (Though this might also be due to quantum entanglement teleportation, in which case, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LOOK?! Now the cat is dead...)

5- A one ton electric battery holds about the same kWh as a pair of AA batteries. (I'm listing this as a bug because Ion Engines are near useless due to the added weight required to use them outweigh any fuel efficiency benefits) It also requires 4 tons of nuclear generators to power 1 wheel... Where's that bunny when you need him?

6- Things tend to get stuck and/or blow up if forced to intersect another object. (ie. Opening solar panels into another object that has nowhere to go) This can also occur during docking if the docking occurs at an angle, as the second object "warp-rotates" to correct itself.

7- Wheels stop working under heavy loads.

8- Wheels use the same button as rotate, sometimes causing the vehicle to tilt slightly, and thus putting the entire load on a single wheel, causing the above, or to completely flip forwards.

9- Sometimes the ground turns to quick-sand and allows objects to fall through (especially when heavy objects try to rotate while on grass)

That's all I can think of for now, anyone else see something that I missed?
12)- The 10 000 m/'s glitch. When approaching a gas giant, If you pass 10 000 m/'s, either accelerating or braking you stop there and can't pass that speed

T

TtTOtW

12)- The 10 000 m/'s glitch. When approaching a gas giant, If you pass 10 000 m/'s, either accelerating or braking you stop there and can't pass that speed
Well that still didn't stop the Grande Amber from escaping Jupiter's atmosphere and reaching a comfortable orbit ;)

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Well that still didn't stop the Grande Amber from escaping Jupiter's atmosphere and reaching a comfortable orbit ;)
Neither the Hakuren from completing Its first Grand Tour, but still is a problem for small research probes, trying to consume less fuel by getting as closer to the Planet for the capture burn.

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
Landing on full scale Ganymede would be cool, except that thing that makes large bodies have no landable surface.

13- When 2 objects are in synchronized orbit together and time compression is used, they desync ever so slightly and collide freely through each other. Thus causing cargo ships to lose their cargo, etc.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
13- When 2 objects are in synchronized orbit together and time compression is used, they desync ever so slightly and collide freely through each other. Thus causing cargo ships to lose their cargo, etc.
That's cos they're never perfectly synced. There's always a tiny difference in orbit, even a few metres, that makes the orbit period different. Time warp just makes that more apparent as perceptible movement.
And collisions are always off in time warp. It's how Danny does his magic tricks and stops interesting issues happening.

Solution, 'dock' the cargo to the ship and they'll stay together forever...

Screenshot_20190814-023254_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

This self-rotating Warp Gate would be one example. True, I could transport it in pieces and assemble it at the destination, since it technically does have a docking port to join both halves of the inner wheel; but what's the fun in that?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
View attachment 25371
This self-rotating Warp Gate would be one example. True, I could transport it in pieces and assemble it at the destination, since it technically does have a docking port to join both halves of the inner wheel; but what's the fun in that?
What you require then is a travel lock. My suggestion is as follows.

2019-08-14-09-00-42.jpg

The (badly drawn) lines represent the travel lock basic locations. Remove the wheels on the north / south side of the warp rift and place outward docking ports. Design a travel lock that will slot onto the outer gate housing and the gap in the rift wheels, making them now one object for transport and when it's not in use. Then, at destination (or when you're using it), remove the key using a drone and stow it on the east / west side where the orange lines are.

Sure, there's work-arounds, but it's still a known issue. I gave that as an example, there's also some extended landing gears, flexible connections and other things that would run into issues.