Votes: 8 42.1%
  • no.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, but I’m severely concerned for the mental health of whoever chose #1

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
T

TtTOtW

... and him being Chinese, of course means he struggles significantly to communicate in English as casually as we do.

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
... and him being Chinese, of course means he struggles significantly to communicate in English as casually as we do.
How do you know I am a Chinese?

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You are right I am not a native English speaker

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
and according to approximate calculations, how many textures will be in it and what will be the file size?)
Not much, a lot of textures will be reused because lots of textures slow down how fast the game opens.

BANDWITH

Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
F75673A1-2B39-4509-91AD-8C288C8FD08B.jpeg

BREAKING NEWS

@BANDWITH’s Phone has been located!
It was under a piece of paper on the printer.
A SINGLE PIECE OF PAPER, FOLKS, AND IT WAS LOST FOR THREE MONTHS.

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
So should I use chinglish?

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Haha, no. But what I mean is that while you may understand the sentences we write, you struggle to see when it is a joke or when someone is serious.
I barely understand and…
Yes because I am NOT a native English speaker and I don't have much opportunity to hear someone speak english,my parents are worst in speaking english ,and…are you a native English speaker?

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Haha, no. But what I mean is that while you may understand the sentences we write,you struggle to see when it is a joke or when someone is serious.
Yes yes yes that's my problem, is it OK to use language instead of English here? Because I saw someone who write other language but Gurren understand that language so if I write Chinese is there someone understand?

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Someday we will all speak Mandarin and write Arabic
Actually,my English is better than Mandarin(we call it Pitonghua),I speak Cantonese, if I speak mandarin,it will be difficult for me

James Brown

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Um, keeping in the Asian?...Vietnamese?
Is my wild guess, or Korean rounds out the probability

Your English is excellent by me
It is good to talk to someone in the wee hours

BANDWITH

Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
Here we find ourselves somewhat beyond the minumum release date. Let me show you what has been completed so far!
Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 11.31.24 AM.png

"What,"
I hear some of you ask.
"That is not the 2,000+ planets I asked for! You're a fraud! An imbecile! This inadequate delivery--"
BE QUIET
In my spreadsheet I call the Starforge, this is the planet making interface, and how it works:
  • Inputtype: input of a type of planet, listed on the left
  • Inputmass: mass of the planet in kilograms
  • Outputradius: the radius given by these two equations: V=M/d and r=(3V/4π)^(1/3)
  • Outputgravity: the gravity given by M/r^2
  • Hasatmo: determines whether or not the planet is substantial enough to have an atmopshere
  • Atmodensity: determines the density of the atmosphere
  • Terraintype: chooses a terrain idea[1] based on the type of planet and the atmosphere.[2]
  • Terraintype2: same as Terraintype, but a second time
  • Systemtoken: determines the "price" of a planet. Stars are assigned a number of tokens based on their mass and location[3], which are spent on planets until there are no tokens left.
[1] Things such as mountain ranges, rocks, plains, etcetera.
[2] If a planet has a substantial atmosphere like Earth's, there will be no craters, and terrain will be more rounded.
[3] There are "stellar nebula" (determined by me) that decide whether or not a system will get extra helpings of tokens. One nebula may be more rich than another, and thus have more planets and moons.

Gas Giants will use a different interface, but will still use tokens.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Here we find ourselves somewhat beyond the minumum release date. Let me show you what has been completed so far!
View attachment 36540

"What,"
I hear some of you ask.
"That is not the 2,000+ planets I asked for! You're a fraud! An imbecile! This inadequate delivery--"
BE QUIET
In my spreadsheet I call the Starforge, this is the planet making interface, and how it works:
  • Inputtype: input of a type of planet, listed on the left
  • Inputmass: mass of the planet in kilograms
  • Outputradius: the radius given by these two equations: V=M/d and r=(3V/4π)^(1/3)
  • Outputgravity: the gravity given by M/r^2
  • Hasatmo: determines whether or not the planet is substantial enough to have an atmopshere
  • Atmodensity: determines the density of the atmosphere
  • Terraintype: chooses a terrain idea[1] based on the type of planet and the atmosphere.[2]
  • Terraintype2: same as Terraintype, but a second time
  • Systemtoken: determines the "price" of a planet. Stars are assigned a number of tokens based on their mass and location[3], which are spent on planets until there are no tokens left.
[1] Things such as mountain ranges, rocks, plains, etcetera.
[2] If a planet has a substantial atmosphere like Earth's, there will be no craters, and terrain will be more rounded.
[3] There are "stellar nebula" (determined by me) that decide whether or not a system will get extra helpings of tokens. One nebula may be more rich than another, and thus have more planets and moons.

Gas Giants will use a different interface, but will still use tokens.
Very interesting System! Too bad the pack is so delayed, I would love to see it in action :)

BANDWITH

Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
1588214147313.png

The Starforge is up and running! Its a bit of a uh..
nightmare
at the moment but I'll fix it up soon.

So what does all of this garbage needed for?
All of this infrastructure is set up so I can be lazy and have my computer make planets for me. The reason I'm having the spreadsheet input work in mass and density is because it restricts the computer to nice, realistic values instead of throwing out an unrealistic number such as 20g/cm^3. (I'm fairly certain you won't find a planet made entirely out of tungsten)

Next up is the gas planet interface, which is the same thing but it has different compositions such as Hydrogen/Helium, ices, etc. and will also put the size cap on gas giants due to electron degeneracy.

Stay tuned!

T

TtTOtW

View attachment 36620
The Starforge is up and running! Its a bit of a uh..
nightmare
at the moment but I'll fix it up soon.

So what does all of this garbage needed for?
All of this infrastructure is set up so I can be lazy and have my computer make planets for me. The reason I'm having the spreadsheet input work in mass and density is because it restricts the computer to nice, realistic values instead of throwing out an unrealistic number such as 20g/cm^3. (I'm fairly certain you won't find a planet made entirely out of tungsten)

Next up is the gas planet interface, which is the same thing but it has different compositions such as Hydrogen/Helium, ices, etc. and will also put the size cap on gas giants due to electron degeneracy.

Stay tuned!
Oh nice system!

BANDWITH

Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
Oh shit.
Once completed, the Starforge will allow me to make 1 solar system roughly every 20 minutes. Multiply that by 200...
2 3/4 days straight of making solar systems to reach the end goal.
Huh. I might want some volunteers.