Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
No, you have to have a separate payload. Currently in addition to the fuel you sent to orbit your empty fuel tanks (10% of the original mass, so like 300t, your engines , which weigh 144t in total.) So, this payload would be closer to 800-900t if it were a separate payload, as it's supposed to be

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Are there any requirements to payload?

For example, if i will have 3 different payloads (one on each of launcher's upper towers), each one with it's own engine and it's own android controller, but without any heat shields or parachutes, and all 3 payloads will be more than 700t on summary, would it be a pass?

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
You mean sending it with three smaller rockets? Why would you do that?

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You mean sending it with three smaller rockets? Why would you do that?
I mean my only one single rocket (launcher) will have tripple payload. No other rockets. All 3 payloads are more than 700t on summary. All tripple payload is carried by one launcher and weighs more than 700t. Would it be a pass?

I would do that, because it is the easiest way - i can just replace each tower of the launcher with payload, up to 5 payloads, since there are 5 towers. But 3 of 5 is convenient enough already, thus i would choose 3, if it is allowed by the rules.

Why would i want to do an ugly piece of payload instead of nice and tidy triple? If that is not a mandatory requirement of course. Which is exactly what i am asking.

Because there is nothing said about payload requirements. Can it be triple payload on one launcher? Or it should be mandatory only one monolith peice of payload (which is not separated on the moment of detaching from the launcher) ? Maybe there are some other limitations?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The purpose is to be able to launch a given mass to orbit, so I see no problem in splitting the payload in several parts, as long as their total mass reaches 700 tons.

each one with it's own engine and it's own android controller
I didn't know the satellites were controlled by Android :p