Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
This one is for all things Minecraft, with only a small overlap with that other thread "classic Minecraft".
Ok, let's kick off this thread...

I have a laptop. That runs a modded Minecraft 1.5.2. :p
I'm currently playing on a single solo survival world.
Pretty hardcore survival; I don't even allow myself to use F3 for navigation. I use markers, maps, compasses, the sun and my memory. (F3 for assisting in making big things I consider alright, though)

It's different from my previous worlds because of how much industrial stuff I'm doing!
2020-06-07_13.52.12.png
Half of my first-ever iron farm. The other identical half is marked by the beacon on the left. This is JL2579's iron farm design, but without the bit that goes high in the sky. So it's only running at 50% capacity, which is still more iron than I need.o_O
Funny thing, the 2x2 drop hole marks the exact center of my spawn chunks.

2020-06-07_13.56.13.png
What you see when you go down the hole. There's an iron golem on fire in the distance. It's safe for me, because I'm only 2 blocks tall.
2020-06-07_13.57.09.png
A bunch of iron golems that have passed the lava blade and fallen into the collecting point, ready to be harvested with my pink sword.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I am very happy with this storage building....
2020-06-08_14.39.29.png
2020-06-08_14.34.25.png
2020-06-08_14.36.46.png
2020-06-08_14.37.17.png

My modlist would make any mid-end laptop cry... Modded 1.12.2, BTW

Mods: see Modlist.txt

And here's my house. Took ~3 months to build, ~2-3 hours per day.
2020-04-12_19.47.06.png

Attachments

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
That's a lot of mods...
Mine is shorter.
1.5.2, with optifine, railcraft, highlands, tinkers construct, underground biomes and forestry.
Cool house, I wanna see the inside!

Thanks! The inside is a WIP, and mostly lit up by spamming torches, there's also a LOT of room for improvements, so I'll probably make another post (or 2... or more) for a showcase. Definitely my best and favorite built in all of my Minecraft adventures...

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I find that small rooms are easier to decorate... Maybe add interior partitioning walls? Even waist-high walls could help add a sense of coziness.
I'm sure you'll come up with something. :)

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
So, I made a 1200 block "high speed" (it's a railcraft addition) rail in the nether to go to my favourite biome; forest mountains. 9000 blocks from spawn.
2020-06-09_11.48.54.png
Trip time each way is 58 seconds. I later had to retrofit the glass panes, because everytime I hit a zombie pigman that spawned on the tracks, my cart derailed and caused an explosion.o_O

I'm doing a building experiment in the forest mountains.
2020-06-10_13.25.50.png
2020-06-10_13.26.06.png
rsz_2020-06-11_122918.jpg
I'm trying to learn how to build better, so I'd love critiques.

Looks pretty good to me, What's the table-looking thing in the center of the second screenshot? Also, Chisel Marble on the right side of the 3rd screenshot?

One suggestion I have is to use modded lighting wherever possible, because it's just (IMO) better than using torches and item frames.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Thanks!
The table thing is part of the Tinker's Construct mod, which I'm using. It adds the funky looking tools that you can see in my hotbar, and the table is used for repairing and modifying them.
And that's regular silk-touched marble straight from the ground, not chiseled.

You're right about the torches. I'm going to replace them with something better soon, currently experimenting with alternatives.

Ah, I thought it looked like TConstruct. And yeah, none of the Chiseled variations of Marble look all too well, Raw Marble looks waaay better.

Emir

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Great mods!
i tried to make myself an train modpack which i did before on 1.12
but i realised that my performance is too bad
Also! what modpack are you using?
an costum one?

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
My Hands is gettin a little itchy-tempty full of TNT from afar......

Functional Cannon!! with a twist a LANDMINE in the middle of stone blocks!! :3 :3 :p :p

This one is for all things Minecraft, with only a small overlap with that other thread "classic Minecraft".
Ok, let's kick off this thread...

I have a laptop. That runs a modded Minecraft 1.5.2. :p
I'm currently playing on a single solo survival world.
Pretty hardcore survival; I don't even allow myself to use F3 for navigation. I use markers, maps, compasses, the sun and my memory. (F3 for assisting in making big things I consider alright, though)

It's different from my previous worlds because of how much industrial stuff I'm doing!
View attachment 38941
Half of my first-ever iron farm. The other identical half is marked by the beacon on the left. This is JL2579's iron farm design, but without the bit that goes high in the sky. So it's only running at 50% capacity, which is still more iron than I need.o_O
Funny thing, the 2x2 drop hole marks the exact center of my spawn chunks.

View attachment 38940
What you see when you go down the hole. There's an iron golem on fire in the distance. It's safe for me, because I'm only 2 blocks tall.
View attachment 38939
A bunch of iron golems that have passed the lava blade and fallen into the collecting point, ready to be harvested with my pink sword.
Which mods you are using???

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Thanks! The inside is a WIP, and mostly lit up by spamming torches, there's also a LOT of room for improvements, so I'll probably make another post (or 2... or more) for a showcase. Definitely my best and favorite built in all of my Minecraft adventures...
Try light it with redstone laps and levers as eletric switch on wall. I build some rooms with this type of lights

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Still missing all of its armament though. Dealing with the inside first, gonna add the fire control and the weapons last.

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
You got sub or carrier over there? :)

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I was working on a carrier in a server. That server died tho.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
This is the Minecraft battleship I was talking about
The Wisconson you were talking about a while back?

GlamorousBeneficialGrouper-max-1mb.gif

I wanna have its freedom babies.

I straight up used CAD to make sure it's to scale as well. It's quite accurate.
That doesn't surprise me. The deck is very detailed dude.

Still missing all of its armament though. Dealing with the inside first, gonna add the fire control and the weapons last.
How close are you making the interior? Going deck by deck, room for room or being a bit more liberal with it?

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Uv
The Wisconson you were talking about a while back?

View attachment 56229

I wanna have its freedom babies.

That doesn't surprise me. The deck is very detailed dude.

How close are you making the interior? Going deck by deck, room for room or being a bit more liberal with it?
Oh fuck no. Outside is deck by deck, but there's no way to be accurate with the whole interior in minecraft due to meter-size blocks.
I've put in some of the basic rooms on the 3rd and 4th levels, but that's about it.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Uv

Oh fuck no. Outside is deck by deck, but there's no way to be accurate with the whole interior in minecraft due to meter-size blocks.
I've put in some of the basic rooms on the 3rd and 4th levels, but that's about it.
I'm actually making into a functional minecraft base though. Putting in a sorting system on decks 1 and 2, furnace array in place of the engines, several different resource farms, and villager trading on level 1 and 2.