Actually Complete Solar System 2.0 - Development Thread

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
hello,i would like to join and help too,i could help adding lots of exoplanets and fix bugs,also i could try to make an ACSS world save with all currently active rockets and rovers,and some observatories (Palomar,superWASP,CoRoT,Kepler and JWST)
That'd be really helpful mate! Keep in mind that i'm doing the orbits at Epoch1950, predating any orbital spacecraft launches. For spacecraft positions in Epoch2023, you'll need to time the launches perfectly for the most accurate results.
As mentioned, good luck with the lagrange point spacecraft like JWST and Kepler!

Oh btw Gurren Lagann,how do u make atmospheres (i need one for Kepler-22b)
Its basically a gradient texture along with the atmospheric definition in the planet file. For the solar system i actually got that entire part covered, albeit It was rather grueling to math it out.

Also is ACSS 2 downloable?
Not yet! As indicated in the thread title, this planet pack is in development (there we go i got it right :cool:), and its also a thread to document the struggles faced in making this beast.

Quaoar Texture (I found that there is a missing Quaoar texture,so i made one)
Fixed Quaoar And Added Ring
(Install Both Texture And Txt,Then Repleace Them With The Existing Ones.)
Quaoar Works,also i found a glitch where the sky changes to blue and the normal color,it keeps doing so,also gonna fix quaoar's rings.
I JUST FOUND OUT,DONT USE QUAOAR UNTIL I RELEASE THE FIXED VERSION (TOMORROW)
That's a neat job, mate! ...and oh yeah right, Quaoar has rings now. Making an atmospheric gradient texture for it is going to be fuuun...

To staff: Could you merge the two posts together? I wrote this while heading to school (Middle schooler...) and i intended to put the last two posts in the same message. Thanks!

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
New Fixed Quaoar Ring(Now its beyond the orbit of weywot)also it is an atmosphere to slow down (for realism)to avoid colliding with small ring rocks.
...its not? Quaoar's rings are located in a 1:6 resonance with Weywot's orbit, meaning Weywot takes one orbit for every 6 ring orbits.

just realized orion nebula is wrong,gonna fix it later (have to finish homework)

btw if yall wonder how i got the quaoar ring,i painted the trasparent zones in paint.net and i got dat ring.

(Rhea's ring)

fixed orion nebula (gotta check)

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
just realized orion nebula is wrong,gonna fix it later (have to finish homework)
btw if yall wonder how i got the quaoar ring,i painted the trasparent zones in paint.net and i got dat ring.
fixed orion nebula (gotta check)
SpaceFanThatIsWaiting please write everything you have to say in a single message to avoid flooding the discussion. This is a forum, not a chat. Each time you press reply you generate a new message. I've merged your messages, thank you for being careful in the future.

@Everyone we got a huge problem,the trajectory disappears when passing comet West (i discovered it while going to orion nebula)so i suggest making a tiny milky way,so the trajectory doesnt disappear,we could call it ACMW (it's optional,we can try to fix the bug)

Just wondering, will you be a beta/test release of ACSS 2.0? And if so when? Also, could you make a rough estimate of when ACSS 2.0 will be released?

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Just wondering, will you be a beta/test release of ACSS 2.0? And if so when? Also, could you make a rough estimate of when ACSS 2.0 will be released?
While i can say with certainity that there will be beta/test releases of ACSS 2, i cannot guarantee even a rough release date at all, due to several factors (ACSS's size, ADQL query learning, me being a middle school student, etc.) greatly increasing the uncertainity of the exact release date. What i can say however is that i do plan to release at least one beta release, or the full release, before my birthday: July 3rd 2023.

While i can say with certainity that there will be beta/test releases of ACSS 2, i cannot guarantee even a rough release date at all, due to several factors (ACSS's size, ADQL query learning, me being a middle school student, etc.) greatly increasing the uncertainity of the exact release date. What i can say however is that i do plan to release at least one beta release, or the full release, before my birthday: July 3rd 2023.
Wait your In middle school and your birthday is July 3rd? Im also in middle school and my birth day is August 27!

StarWarsII

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
My birthday is july second! Would be a nice birthday gift =)

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
If you release an unfinished version - everyone will download it, find some problems, bugs, mistakes, glitches, and many will conclude this is a bad custom world, and forget about it.

It might be better to give unfinished world to some specific persons privately, so they would test it and say to you what problems they found. So after that, when you will release your custom world publically - it would be in a nice shape already.

You will still have to fix some things later, you might find new ideas for improvements later, but at least first public version will be good enough and complete as it is.

StarWarsII

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
If you release an unfinished version - everyone will download it, find some problems, bugs, mistakes, glitches, and many will conclude this is a bad custom world, and forget about it.

It might be better to give unfinished world to some specific persons privately, so they would test it and say to you what problems they found. So after that, when you will release your custom world publically - it would be in a nice shape already.

You will still have to fix some things later, you might find new ideas for improvements later, but at least first public version will be good enough and complete as it is.
Yea, it would allow everyone that downloaded acss 2.0 unfinished to help aswell with finding bugs

Hey so I was wondering could I test Halleys comet for ACSS 2.0 if so that would be greatly appreciated

What are you currently working on In ACSS 2.0?