Actually Complete Solar System 2.0 - Development Thread

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Matya you know that its still in development right?
Its going to take a "bit" of time before i get used to the queries. And then there's the terrain and shapes...

ok so these is the smallest update,it adds a bunch of stars and nothing else,most of these stars are only for exploration and dont have planets.(u need to rename Sag A* to only Sagittarius for these to work,also i have to do various messgaes to upload all the new update because it wont let me upload more than 20 files,alos u need extrasolar pack sun

Attachments

the rest of the txt

Attachments

textures

Attachments

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
also ignore andromeda,i did a mistake adding it like neptune
Hello,

You don't have to post all files one by one. It's not practical for you, but neither it is for those who want to download your pack. Instead you may just zip the folder containing the planet pack and post it, it will be more convenient for everyone.

Also, I see you posted many stars. This is ACSS, is it done in agreement with Gurren Lagann?

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
ok so these is the smallest update,it adds a bunch of stars and nothing else,most of these stars are only for exploration and dont have planets.(u need to rename Sag A* to only Sagittarius for these to work,also i have to do various messgaes to upload all the new update because it wont let me upload more than 20 files,alos u need extrasolar pack sun
Are you dominating other's territory?

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Updates on development, Spiral date 32704.095:

- Orbits are being calculated for hundreds of objects in the solar system by the brilliant Calimartin using JPL Horizons! The biggest hurdles at the moment are Saturn's moon Daphnis and the inner moons of Uranus.
- Terrains are also being worked on nigh-simultaneously! Biggest hurdle is Earth, suprisingly, because its hard getting a simple 30 meter resolution full map for me to use the equator on... That or use and abuse Google Earth somehow. You pick.
- Asteroids and other irregular objects will be roughly derived from their known models, and TNOs will have basically a Plutonian-like crater distribution. Except Eris, that one will just be a copy of Sputnik Planitia because that's where the research leads onto.
- Nearby Worlds: Besides the real planets, a sheet is being developed behind the scenes to catalog every single planet pack and their stars. This is to ensure absolute compatibility with... everything that's not a solar system pack, since i'm moving the planets to the closest analogs of their host stars to ensure ∆V preservation, via optional patches that will still require the original pack to work. That sheet will be included with it so that patches can be installed more easily. ...oh and the stars will be frozen in space too for now. Galactic orbits are hard.

That's it for now! Cheers, Gurren

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

- Orbits are being calculated for hundreds of objects in the solar system by the brilliant Calimartin using JPL Horizons! The biggest hurdles at the moment are Saturn's moon Daphnis and the inner moons of Uranus.
- Terrains are also being worked on nigh-simultaneously! Biggest hurdle is Earth, suprisingly, because its hard getting a simple 30 meter resolution full map for me to use the equator on... That or use and abuse Google Earth somehow. You pick.
- Asteroids and other irregular objects will be roughly derived from their known models, and TNOs will have basically a Plutonian-like crater distribution. Except Eris, that one will just be a copy of Sputnik Planitia because that's where the research leads onto.
- Nearby Worlds: Besides the real planets, a sheet is being developed behind the scenes to catalog every single planet pack and their stars. This is to ensure absolute compatibility with... everything that's not a solar system pack, since i'm moving the planets to the closest analogs of their host stars to ensure ∆V preservation, via optional patches that will still require the original pack to work. That sheet will be included with it so that patches can be installed more easily. ...oh and the stars will be frozen in space too for now. Galactic orbits are hard.

I believe it will be a brand new ACSS

Astria

Astria short for AstriaPorta (Stargate in ancient)
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Is there still a discord for ACSS? I'd love to rejoin if there is.

Astria

Astria short for AstriaPorta (Stargate in ancient)
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Unfortunately there isn't, but i plan to redo it.
Although... I wonder what object i could use for the new logo besides Chariklo...
Saturn, Saturn is one of the most beautiful bodies in ACSS. Especially with the E and G rings.