Actually Complete Solar System 2.0 - Development Thread

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Updates on development, Spiral date 32769.061:

- The terrain and 3D model database is fully done! Only thing left is to convert those values into SFS heightmaps.
- As a placeholder, Earth will still use TCRSS's heightmap (with permission) during beta releases (presented here) until a significantly higher resolution map is found. No bathymetric data yet until we have water in SFS in some way or another.
- Calimartin, as always, is killing it with the orbits! All solar system moons have their orbits fully computed to Epoch1950... except the 63 new Saturn moons. I hate every single last one of those 63.
- I just remembered locations exist, so now i'm noting every single equatorial feature in the solar system to put in ACSS 2. Iapetus, Titan, Hyperion, Phoebe, Haumea, and 2002 MS4 are done, while Earth is almost finished (Only african subdivisions remain).
- ACSS 2 Core will be a little bigger... It will include the 8 planets and Planet Nine, as well as the major moons (Moon, Phobos, Deimos, Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys, Dione, Rhea, Titan, Hyperion, Iapetus, Phoebe, Miranda, Ariel, Umbriel, Titania, Oberon, Proteus, Triton, and Nereid), all 5 dwarf planets and their moons, all 42 asteroids imaged by the VLT/SPHERE survey that imaged the largest asteroids, all spacecraft targets visited so far, Hektor and its moon, and Comet Hale-Bopp.
- They will also make up what will be ACSS 2 Early Data Release 1, so stay tuned for that.
- Possible release dates? For the love of Gaia please do not take these as concrete, but Actually Complete Solar System 2 - Early Data Release 1 is expected to release on June or July 2023. A trailer will drop when a more certain date is reached.
- Along with EDR1, the ACSS 2 Central Hub server will likely release with it. No spoilers on that though: all i can say is that the logo this time is going to be ACSS 2's Saturn.
- "What about the full release?" Actually Complete Solar System 2 - Data Release 1 is likely releasing by the end of the year. Blame the 63 new moons of Saturn and however many new moons of Neptune the Gemini-Subaru moon search ends up giving by then.

Cheers!
- Gurren Lagann

Im new and im wondering if theres a kinda pre-release, Im fine with it not having all of saturn's new moons and stuff, also heightmaps I dont care about, just planets and at least major moons. Im also too lazy to check around here for any beta links so yeah...

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Im new and im wondering if theres a kinda pre-release, Im fine with it not having all of saturn's new moons and stuff, also heightmaps I dont care about, just planets and at least major moons. Im also too lazy to check around here for any beta links so yeah...
He plans to do all the atmospheres and heightmaps for early release i think, but for a limited amount of objects.

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I'd say... The clue to the finish line is in The Day the Earth Smiled. If anyone gets the day right, i will confirm it.

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
That was fast...

Yeah, its indeed July 19th.
That is such a great news that i can feel the immense excitement coming inside me, cant wait bro :D

J3 Mângo

Planet Sculptor
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
If that’s so the mining crafts would need some sort of holder or anchor because of Psyche’s weak gravity (0.06 m/s2)