Actually Complete Solar System (ACSS) Development Thread - and list of ACSS bodies

Should i add fictional moons to Planet Nine?

• No, i'm fine with Planet Nine being un-landable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello!
First, thank you very much for this game and this pack. Because of this game I went back to my "astronomy studies". And entered this forum to thank you all :)
The game and this pack, really nice.

-------
I had some issues. Tell me if I can collaborate with anything.
- a lot of textures won't load (moto g5s plus - 3GB RAM). Planets/asteroids.
- Some rings transparency won't work. I tried to redo some textures, but still won't work.
- some bodies, in the "graphic mode", are visible only at some level of zoom. If you zoom a bit, some disappear, some will cut the texture "pizza-like".

I couldn't run 28 of the bodies. At a point, I tested one at a time, til it crash, hehe.

I'll try to take some snaps later.

Thanks!!
Here are my possible solutions (as well as some questions):
- Try replacing the bodies with day-night cycles (Earth, Mars, Pluto and Venus) with versions that dont have day-night cycles. In my experience, the day-night cycles cut the textures limit in half.
- Saturn, Jupiter, Chiron, Chariklo and Haumea's rings work completly fine. Uranus's ring texture isnt transparent, but i have a transparent version in my SFS files (If you want i can send it in private). Neptune's rings wont show up because the game couldnt handle the massive resolution (720 by over 31000 pixels), but i do have a version that's smaller (720 by 15000 pixels) and that actually works fine.
- Could you list the bodies that went into a pizza shape? I have fixes for a few of then, but not all as i havent went to every single ACSS body myself.
- Again, could you list the 28 bodies that you werent able to run? I could run all 250 bodies, at the cost of lag.

If you want to collaborate with ACSS, i and a mod at the official SFS Discord server run together the official ACSS server, and my activity is mostly on Discord, so you can contact me there.

- Try replacing the bodies with day-night cycles (Earth, Mars, Pluto and Venus) with versions that dont have day-night cycles. In my experience, the day-night cycles cut the textures limit in half.
I'm not using day-night textures. Removed them in the code, comparing to the original ones. (First time I tried the game crashed, I was planning to test again)

- Saturn, Jupiter, Chiron, Chariklo and Haumea's rings work completly fine. Uranus's ring texture isnt transparent, but i have a transparent version in my SFS files (If you want i can send it in private).
Yes, sorry, I was referring to Uranus. If it's not bothering, I'd appreciate :)

Neptune's rings wont show up because the game couldnt handle the massive resolution (720 by over 31000 pixels), but i do have a version that's smaller (720 by 15000 pixels) and that actually works fine.
That! I tried everything with the image itself, and gave up, hehe. Again, if you can send..

- Could you list the bodies that went into a pizza shape? I have fixes for a few of then, but not all as i havent went to every single ACSS body myself.
- Again, could you list the 28 bodies that you werent able to run? I could run all 250 bodies, at the cost of lag.
Yes, yesterday I spent some time flying and noticed that. Didn't mark, but I'll search again today after work and list as much as I can.
About these 28, I didn't test all of them. I tried 2 or 3, and since the game wouldn't run, I stop trying. But I can try some others, and list here.

If you want to collaborate with ACSS, i and a mod at the official SFS Discord server run together the official ACSS server, and my activity is mostly on Discord, so you can contact me there.
Nice. I don't use discord yet, but will try to contact you in this weekend :)

Thanks

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
- Saturn, Jupiter, Chiron, Chariklo and Haumea's rings work completly fine. Uranus's ring texture isnt transparent, but i have a transparent version in my SFS files (If you want i can send it in private). Neptune's rings wont show up because the game couldnt handle the massive resolution (720 by over 31000 pixels), but i do have a version that's smaller (720 by 15000 pixels) and that actually works fine.

Hey, could you DM me the fixed Uranus and Neptune's Rings too?

- Could you list the bodies that went into a pizza shape?
Some bug killed my game, then I cleaned it all and started again...
Here are the bodies I visited, and the behaviour:

Adrastea - ok
Amalthea - ok
Ananke - disappear with zoom
Ariel - ok
Belinda - ok
Bianca - pizza like with zoom
Caliban - disappear with zoom
Callirrhoe - ok
Callisto - ok
Carme - ok
Cordelia - ok
Cressida - ok
Cupid - ok
Deimos - ok
Desdemona - ok
Earth - ok
Elara - ok
Europa - ok
Ferdinand - ok
Francisco - ok
Ganymede - ok
Hektor - gives some bug if it's orbit coincide with jupiter one's
Hidalgo - ok
Himalia - ok
Io - ok
Juliet - ok
Leda - ok (the geometry seems weird, like a helix seashell - is it right?)
Lysithea - disappear with zoom
Mab - pizza like with zoom
Mercury - ok
Metis - ok
Moon - ok
Okyrhoe - ok
Pasiphae - ok
Phobos - ok
Sinope - ok
Thebe - ok
Themisto - ok
Uranus - ok
Venus - won't load texture, independant of name

As I will keep trying each one of the bodies, will inform here.

*How do you fix it? I can edit the files and send here already fixed. I just don't know much about this coding yet...

Last edited:

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hey, could you DM me the fixed Uranus and Neptune's Rings too?
Maybe later today.
Some bug killed my game, then I cleaned it all and started again...
Here are the bodies I visited, and the behaviour:

Adrastea - ok
Amalthea - ok
Ananke - disappear with zoom
Ariel - ok
Belinda - ok
Bianca - pizza like with zoom
Caliban - disappear with zoom
Callirrhoe - ok
Callisto - ok
Carme - ok
Cordelia - ok
Cressida - ok
Cupid - ok
Deimos - ok
Desdemona - ok
Earth - ok
Elara - ok
Europa - ok
Ferdinand - ok
Francisco - ok
Ganymede - ok
Hektor - gives some bug if it's orbit coincide with jupiter one's
Hidalgo - ok
Himalia - ok
Io - ok
Juliet - ok
Leda - ok (the geometry seems weird, like a helix seashell - is it right?)
Lysithea - disappear with zoom
Mab - pizza like with zoom
Mercury - ok
Metis - ok
Moon - ok
Okyrhoe - ok
Pasiphae - ok
Phobos - ok
Sinope - ok
Thebe - ok
Themisto - ok
Uranus - ok
Venus - won't load texture, independant of name

As I will keep trying each one of the bodies, will inform here.

*How do you fix it? I can edit the files and send here already fixed. I just don't know much about this coding yet...
There is a solution to the pizza/dissapearing bodies, but Venus is a different story.

Ananke, Bianca, Caliban, Lysithea and Mab (out of the ones you listed): The problem is related to the verticeSize parameter. For some reason, those bodies have the first (the furthest) verticeSize set to 1500 or higher. Try setting all verticeSizes to a tenth (1/10th) of their original value.

Hektor: Being a Jupiter trojan, it starts inside Jupiter's SOI at the start of the game. If you timewarp far enough (which is painful due to the lag), Hektor will exit Jupiter's SOI and be reachable again. And before you ask, this case also applies to 2004 GV9, which is inside Pluto's SOI at the start of the game. Both cases will be fixed in ACSS 1.2/The Comet Update, as 1.5 has a way to orientate the orbits of the bodies.

Leda: The shape is temporary for now, as all existing jovian moons will get a revamp in ACSS 1.3.

Venus: Just like stock, Venus has a really strong fog. The fog can easily be removed in the game files.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Maybe later today.

There is a solution to the pizza/dissapearing bodies, but Venus is a different story.

Ananke, Bianca, Caliban, Lysithea and Mab (out of the ones you listed): The problem is related to the verticeSize parameter. For some reason, those bodies have the first (the furthest) verticeSize set to 1500 or higher. Try setting all verticeSizes to a tenth (1/10th) of their original value.

Hektor: Being a Jupiter trojan, it starts inside Jupiter's SOI at the start of the game. If you timewarp far enough (which is painful due to the lag), Hektor will exit Jupiter's SOI and be reachable again. And before you ask, this case also applies to 2004 GV9, which is inside Pluto's SOI at the start of the game. Both cases will be fixed in ACSS 1.2/The Comet Update, as 1.5 has a way to orientate the orbits of the bodies.

Leda: The shape is temporary for now, as all existing jovian moons will get a revamp in ACSS 1.3.

Venus: Just like stock, Venus has a really strong fog. The fog can easily be removed in the game files.
jpesci already sent it to me, thanks.

Worked!! I noticed that smaller these sizes are, more the game lags. I tested with Ananke and Mab, in my lunch time. Later I will try with others, and then I can send to you.

Will try this later too.

Thanks!!!

Hello!
Those "verticeSize" params are really messed in some files. I'm fixing some of them.

I'm experiencing anothger bug... With some small bodies like Calypso (saturn 'moon'), when the ship enter at SOI, it is teleported to some ramdon place (not so far), and the controls stop working, game crashes. I need to exit the game, edit the save file, and only after this the save will be "playable". But the problem will still occur for the same bodies.
I looked through the "known bugs", and dind't see there.

Anyone knows why this happens?

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I'm experiencing anothger bug... With some small bodies like Calypso (saturn 'moon'), when the ship enter at SOI, it is teleported to some ramdon place (not so far), and the controls stop working, game crashes. I need to exit the game, edit the save file, and only after this the save will be "playable". But the problem will still occur for the same bodies.
I looked through the "known bugs", and dind't see there.

Anyone knows why this happens?
It happens to many small bodies with small SOIs, at least in my experience. What i do is actually keep timewarping (at minimum 5x) until you enter the small body (eg. Calypso).

Hello!
Those "verticeSize" params are really messed in some files. I'm fixing some of them.
Your fixes will be obsolete in SFS 1.5/ACSS 1.2, just saying.

It happens to many small bodies with small SOIs, at least in my experience. What i do is actually keep timewarping (at minimum 5x) until you enter the small body (eg. Calypso).
I've tried, 1x. Teleports anyway. But, ok.

Your fixes will be obsolete in SFS 1.5/ACSS 1.2, just saying.
Noooooooooooouuuuuuu :(
haha, so, I give up.
I'll try to contact you via Discord on the next days.

Thanks

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Bug report: Uranus and Neptune's Rings are still not showing... Worse, in the case of Neptune, the clouds are above the atmosphere (it has clouds in the open Space)

Bug report: Uranus and Neptune's Rings are still not showing... Worse, in the case of Neptune, the clouds are above the atmosphere (it has clouds in the open Space)
In fact, they're working. The rings are very thin, after Larissa orbit.

I changed some parameters at Neptune's file. The clouds are better, IMO.

Code:
    "GRADIENT": {
        "positionZ": 3000,
        "gradientHeight": 3147350.0,
        "gradientTexture": "Atmo_Neptune"
    },
    "CLOUDS": {
        "cloudTexture": "Earth_Clouds",
        "startHeight": -3000,
        "height": 20000,
        "repeatX": 0.25,
        "alpha": 0.6499999761581421,
        "cloudVelocity": 6.0
    },

Attachments

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Since i have too much free time on my hands, i had finished all moons of the gas giants (for ACSS 1.3).
Now i will make Planet Nine's moons and (soon) 27 saturnian moonlets.

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
It has been a while since i last posted here, and a lot of stuff happened, so sit back and grab some popcorn, because this is a long post.

Lets get the elephant out of the room first:
I'm glad to annouce that comets (yes you heard that right) are in the making! As i'm writing this, i made 7 comets (Halley, Churyumov-Gerasimenko, Swift-Tuttle, Holmes, Tempel 1, Borrelly, and Encke), and more are coming. I'm really happy that i'm finally making then, and i hope that you are happy about this as well!

Second, Discord users Sub and The Pistol Star (the latter part of the planet pack elite) were glad enough to provide me with more bodies to ACSS, bringing the total SSB count to over 400!
- Pistol provided some asteroids and NEAs.
- Sub provided many, MANY trans-neptunian objects, as well as ACSS's first Neptune Trojan!

Third, i'm also proud to annouce that, due to popular demand, ACSS 1.2 and beyond will be split into packages!D
ue to the massive size of the pack (whose deveploment "Future ACSS" version has now become the largest SFS pack of any kind known), i noticed that many, MANY people were having a hard time installing ACSS at all. So i decided to split the pack into packages, to make things easier.

Fourth, ACSS now has a deveploment team on a group DM!
I plan to make a small server just for the dev team, and i need members to be spread as far as possible to cover many timezones. Anyone who is interested in developing ACSS can contact me on Discord, or on the forums (the latter being on private messages).

Fifth, i like to thank Discord user Índio, for helping me in making loads of the remaining Saturnian moons, and literally all of you, for the endless support i have been getting these months.

And lastly, ACSS's birthday is in just two months (Feburary 2020), so be sure to make some gifts and cakes for the birthday party!

That's all for today (that i can remenber), so see you in a few days!

(Cue outro music)

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
It has been a while since i last posted here, and a lot of stuff happened, so sit back and grab some popcorn, because this is a long post.

Lets get the elephant out of the room first:
I'm glad to annouce that comets (yes you heard that right) are in the making! As i'm writing this, i made 7 comets (Halley, Churyumov-Gerasimenko, Swift-Tuttle, Holmes, Tempel 1, Borrelly, and Encke), and more are coming. I'm really happy that i'm finally making then, and i hope that you are happy about this as well!

Second, Discord users Sub and The Pistol Star (the latter part of the planet pack elite) were glad enough to provide me with more bodies to ACSS, bringing the total SSB count to over 400!
- Pistol provided some asteroids and NEAs.
- Sub provided many, MANY trans-neptunian objects, as well as ACSS's first Neptune Trojan!

Third, i'm also proud to annouce that, due to popular demand, ACSS 1.2 and beyond will be split into packages!D
ue to the massive size of the pack (whose deveploment "Future ACSS" version has now become the largest SFS pack of any kind known), i noticed that many, MANY people were having a hard time installing ACSS at all. So i decided to split the pack into packages, to make things easier.

Fourth, ACSS now has a deveploment team on a group DM!
I plan to make a small server just for the dev team, and i need members to be spread as far as possible to cover many timezones. Anyone who is interested in developing ACSS can contact me on Discord, or on the forums (the latter being on private messages).

Fifth, i like to thank Discord user Índio, for helping me in making loads of the remaining Saturnian moons, and literally all of you, for the endless support i have been getting these months.

And lastly, ACSS's birthday is in just two months (Feburary 2020), so be sure to make some gifts and cakes for the birthday party!

That's all for today (that i can remenber), so see you in a few days!

(Cue outro music)
If I wasn't on iOS I would totally download it :(

T

TtTOtW

Bad guy no update Stef is fighting it out with i(diots)Management to open up file access for their device users.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Bad guy no update Stef is fighting it out with i(diots)Management to open up file access for their device users.
I see. Hopefully it goes through.

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
Jordi said in a voice chat a few days ago that it was a better Idea to just make another app to go along with SFS so that you can do game editing, but stef had other ideas...

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Comet Wild 2 is finished!
The next comets will be, in order:

Comet Hale-Bopp
Comet Hyakutake
Comet Tempel–Tuttle
Hartley 2