Actually Complete Solar System (ACSS) Release Thread

Hi all,

I find the work on this pack wonderful!
It is exactly what I'm looking for.

Are the eccentricities actually implemented in the 1.2.2 version?

Is there an update planned? (In order to fix the height map, etc...)

Have a nice fueled/oxidized day! :)

Yes he did a great work!

He still working on to update it with eccentricities and other stuff to fix?

There is a "dev plan"?

Yes, we must have a good powered phone to deal with it. But with an "installer" or a way to select objects you want to add in the pack with checkboxes, the life should be easier. :)

Regards

T

TtTOtW

Yes he did a great work!

He still working on to update it with eccentricities and other stuff to fix?

There is a "dev plan"?

Yes, we must have a good powered phone to deal with it. But with an "installer" or a way to select objects you want to add in the pack with checkboxes, the life should be easier. :)

Regards
Laika has been appointed by Gurren Lagann as the new authorised administrator of the pack. Any further development is via him. He's been doing a great job too. Any requests or reports should be directed to him, not Gurren.

T

TtTOtW

There are of course fantasy packs on equal standard, and then there are even higher level real packs but on larger scale. Look at the Endorsed Worlds section for those.

I don't like the "realistically sized" packs causes the parts/fuel/mass/thrust are not realistically scaled too... So it's result as a mix with "bullshit" and "not bullshit".

The game should be include a generic scaling fonction, in order to set a realistic scale on the physics (thrust, weight, atmosphere params, etc...), but at the same time to set a realistic scale on planets (*and why not on planets packs).

*The way should be to find the formula to switch each parameters of the default bodies from the default values, to realistic values. And then apply the formulas to scale whatever planet packs.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I don't like the "realistically sized" packs causes the parts/fuel/mass/thrust are not realistically scaled too... So it's result as a mix with "bullshit" and "not bullshit".
You're totally right about that. If you're interested, I made an intermediate scale solar system that's called IRIS, the purpose is precisely to make the difficulty close to what realistic should be. I never finished it though, but even as is it offers a good challenge.

The game should be include a generic scaling fonction, in order to set a realistic scale on the physics (thrust, weight, atmosphere params, etc...), but at the same time to set a realistic scale on planets (*and why not on planets packs).
Actually that already exists (though it's quite basic), but it's only on Steam for now. There's a realistic mode in which the solar system is scaled up, and the parts benefit from a bonus (more Isp, mass reduction) to make the difficulty realistic too. Interestingly, the difficulty is close to my IRIS pack.

You're totally right about that. If you're interested, I made an intermediate scale solar system that's called IRIS, the purpose is precisely to make the difficulty close to what realistic should be. I never finished it though, but even as is it offers a good challenge.
Pretty interesting, it can help to wait the realistic vanilla mode.

Actually that already exists (though it's quite basic), but it's only on Steam for now. There's a realistic mode in which the solar system is scaled up, and the parts benefit from a bonus (more Isp, mass reduction) to make the difficulty realistic too. Interestingly, the difficulty is close to my IRIS pack.
It supports the other custom planets packs or only the default one?

Do you think it will be implemented on mobile versions? (I don't have PC)

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Pretty interesting, it can help to wait the realistic vanilla mode
The latest version is here if you want to try it. It contains an accurate terrain for Mars, and Ceres.

It supports the other custom planets packs or only the default one?
It's more that the planet pack has to be made compatible with it. To make things simple, the planet files now contain some multiplicators on several characteristics, and the game uses those. As it's a recent feature, most planet packs don't have them, so they will just be loaded as if it was normal mode.

Do you think it will be implemented on mobile versions? (I don't have PC)
Most things on PC will probably come to mobile on the long term, but I don't have any information to be honest.

I failed my quotes, I have answered between the 2 §
Fixed :)

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Thanks a lot guys... As mentioned previously, i had appointed Laika as my sucessor to carry ACSS's legacy. Its time for the next generation to shine... I will still try to answer questions if wished, but i recommend talking to Laika as well for any requests and/or reports.

NSG

Likes shuttles // Doesn’t like replicas // He/Him
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
For some reason when making a world with 1.2.2 this error pops up
85931B06-141A-4580-9D4A-C2918F5094F1.png

Is there a solution for this?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
For some reason when making a world with 1.2.2 this error pops up View attachment 86132
Is there a solution for this?
Check your solar system folder, it should look like something like this:
Screenshot_20220706-210537_Total Commander.jpg
The error you get means you don't have the Import_Settings.txt file. You can copy it from the example folder, no modification should be needed.

NSG

Likes shuttles // Doesn’t like replicas // He/Him
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Check your solar system folder, it should look like something like this:
View attachment 86136
The error you get means you don't have the Import_Settings.txt file. You can copy it from the example folder, no modification should be needed.
D6BE9677-7E5D-4892-B507-0A9EE0E8ADB0.png

I got more problems now

Anikta

Man on the Moon
Registered
I had a similar problem when installing but its an easy fix. the file itself contains multiple files and they are their own planet packs in themselves, I assume this is for easily removing groups of unwanted content when installing but if you just take the main folder and copy all the stuff in the texture and planet data folders to it's respective folders it works. (Or I'm just being stupid)

Laika

Registered
Hey folks, Laika here. Just want to say sorry for being MIA for so long. I was getting notifications to my email from this thread, but then they stopped. I've been working on getting a database running that can hold all the planet data so I can make changes easily and hopefully get those terrains back in there. I'll check in on this thread on a regular basis now that Gurren Lagann has appointed me his successor, with great responsibility comes... well you know the rest. I feel honoured to carry on the legacy Gurren!

Laika

Registered
Here's a GitHub repository I created for ACSS, that's where I'll be pushing any updates and changes to. You'll be able to follow the development as it goes and I've updated the README with the proper installation instructions for this current version of ACSS as it was mentioned earlier in this thread. Enjoy!

ACSS - GitHub

Here's a GitHub repository I created for ACSS, that's where I'll be pushing any updates and changes to. You'll be able to follow the development as it goes and I've updated the README with the proper installation instructions for this current version of ACSS as it was mentioned earlier in this thread. Enjoy!

ACSS - GitHub
Very good initiative!

Will you add the ability to pull request or report issues?