Actually Complete Solar System (ACSS) Release Thread

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
So, how did you manage the smaller moons and asteroids when scaling down?( SFS makes objects like with no solid surface if Radius is less
Most irrregular moons aren't really that small, with most sizes being at around 1 km at minimum. When getting to sub-20-cm territory though, collisions are somewhat broken, but its mostly fine.

Alphafish99999

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
hey really like the mod as i can see it but how do you instale it how do i need to put them in a file

- RT_Gaming_D
Create a new folder in Custom Systems, Name it ACSS and copy the Import Settings, Launch pad and Version Text files to inside the folder ACSS. Inside ACSS create 3 folders and name them Texture Data, Height Map Data and Planet Data. Copy the Contents of Height Map from The Example Folder to inside the Height Map Folder of ACSS. Then copy the contents of the Planet and Texture Data from the ACSS zip files to your Planet and Texture Folder. Repeat until done

Welcome to ACSS!

Actually Complete Solar System, or ACSS for short, is a massive solar system expansion pack, featuring 251 new solar system bodies (list in the README.txt file).

ACSS is currently at Version 1.0, so more SSBs will come!

Credits to the packs i used (that i remenber) are also in the README.txt, so please read the file! Also thanks to everyone* whose packs i used!

* - Brian_Felipe, SpaceSimXplore, BANDWITH and Discord users Astrônomo (now Earth and Moon), Quantikos, Dahmond, Flefliker, and StayHigh

A tip for installing the pack:
When installing the pack, do not put everything at once! I, myself, put all of the textures first, then i put the planet data files in groups of 42.

Changelog:

1.0 - Release - New SSBs: 197

Download link (the file is too big for the forums)

1.0.1 - Fix
- Actually added Makemake (thanks Biofatal)
- Added warning to the Readme file

1.0.2 - Fix
- Fixed the shape of Bennu and Ryugu (thanks Discord user Negative)

1.1 - The Kuiper Update
- Fixed the spikyness in the surfaces of Psyche and Ceres
- Added 39 (or 40?) new solar system bodies
- Added rings to Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune
- Correctly scaled Saturn's rings
- Added day-night cycles for Venus, Earth, Mars and Pluto

ACSS 1.2
what is latest versiin and how to install?

Welcome to ACSS!

Actually Complete Solar System, or ACSS for short, is a massive solar system expansion pack, featuring 251 new solar system bodies (list in the README.txt file).

ACSS is currently at Version 1.0, so more SSBs will come!

Credits to the packs i used (that i remenber) are also in the README.txt, so please read the file! Also thanks to everyone* whose packs i used!

* - Brian_Felipe, SpaceSimXplore, BANDWITH and Discord users Astrônomo (now Earth and Moon), Quantikos, Dahmond, Flefliker, and StayHigh

When installing the pack, do not put everything at once! I, myself, put all of the textures first, then i put the planet data files in groups of 42.

Changelog:

1.0 - Release - New SSBs: 197

Download link (the file is too big for the forums)

1.0.1 - Fix
- Actually added Makemake (thanks Biofatal)
- Added warning to the Readme file

1.0.2 - Fix
- Fixed the shape of Bennu and Ryugu (thanks Discord user Negative)

1.1 - The Kuiper Update
- Fixed the spikyness in the surfaces of Psyche and Ceres
- Added 39 (or 40?) new solar system bodies
- Added rings to Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune
- Correctly scaled Saturn's rings
- Added day-night cycles for Venus, Earth, Mars and Pluto

ACSS 1.2
Where is the download link?

PENGUIN’S blocks&blocks

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I'm trying to load this but I'm getting so many error messages about missing textures like Deucalion, Davida, Asteroid 1, as well as some others. It's also missing Curve9 heightmap is missing and I know that's not part of the Planets and Textures but rather the Heightmap Data already in the files but there is no Curve9 file. Also, getting an error of "planet format invalid: DS_Store". I'm pretty sure thats a file/folder that's made on SD cards but there is no file name by that in Planet Data or any other folder. Any insight into these issues would be appreciated.

I'm trying to load this but I'm getting so many error messages about missing textures like Deucalion, Davida, Asteroid 1, as well as some others. It's also missing Curve9 heightmap is missing and I know that's not part of the Planets and Textures but rather the Heightmap Data already in the files but there is no Curve9 file. Also, getting an error of "planet format invalid: DS_Store". I'm pretty sure thats a file/folder that's made on SD cards but there is no file name by that in Planet Data or any other folder. Any insight into these issues would be appreciated.
Hey I fixed a lot of the errors on these. The ones with missing textures, I switched them to transparent. Not sure how that will be trying to land on though. I thought it would be funny, I’ll probably make another version with generic textures so they can be visible. As for the Curve9, I just took those terrain formulas and removed them. And the DS_Store errors could be the Thumbs.db file in with the Planet Data. It’s a Microsoft Windows system file that stores the thumbnail data/icons for displaying files on the screen. It probably just got accidentally zipped up as it’s typically hidden to most users.

Download ACSS 1.2.1 via file.io

I combined all the various packs into 1 single one. So you don’t have to combine them. Additionally I create a “mobile friendly” version, as my iPhone XS could not handle the one with EVERYTHING in it (worked on my PC though). The mobile one has all 8 Planets + Pluto and all their moons, Enjoy!

Ok
Hey I fixed a lot of the errors on these. The ones with missing textures, I switched them to transparent. Not sure how that will be trying to land on though. I thought it would be funny, I’ll probably make another version with generic textures so they can be visible. As for the Curve9, I just took those terrain formulas and removed them. And the DS_Store errors could be the Thumbs.db file in with the Planet Data. It’s a Microsoft Windows system file that stores the thumbnail data/icons for displaying files on the screen. It probably just got accidentally zipped up as it’s typically hidden to most users.

I combined all the various packs into 1 single one. So you don’t have to combine them. Additionally I create a “mobile friendly” version, as my iPhone XS could not handle the one with EVERYTHING in it (worked on my PC though). The mobile one has all 8 Planets + Pluto and all their moons, Enjoy!
OK so that link apparently only has the one with everything, so here’s a link for the mobile version…

Download ACSS 1.2.1 MOBILE via file.io

Also these links should be good for 1 year.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I combined all the various packs into 1 single one. So you don’t have to combine them. Additionally I create a “mobile friendly” version, as my iPhone XS could not handle the one with EVERYTHING in it
Actually the pack was intentionnally split into several ones:

Amazing work though, thank you very much for this!

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered

Ok

OK so that link apparently only has the one with everything, so here’s a link for the mobile version…

Download ACSS 1.2.1 MOBILE via file.io

Also these links should be good for 1 year.
As the lead dev of ACSS, i could not be more grateful for this! Thank you soo much Laika! But just saying, i think you accidentally deleted the files somehow...

Oh man, sorry about that lol I’ll share them another way. I was working on separating them into the different packs this morning. So I’ll test those out to be sure they work and post them again tonight.

OK, here we go...

I have each pack separate and as a standalone Custom Solar System. Each can be used on their own, or combined. A few notes on combining:

1. If combining the Extrasolar pack, be sure to use the Sun.txt from this pack and override the others. (this one has a special orbit config not found in any other)
  2. If combining any of the Moons packs, keep in mind that the Space_Center_Data.txt is configure to have the launch site on the planet the moons are orbiting, all other packs start on Earth
Those that had missing textures, I tried my best to find a texture for them online, if one did not exist I simply used the generic Asteroid1 texture. And any that had errors in the terrainFormula (i.e. trying to use heightmap Earth or Curve9, both of which don't exist, I simply removed the formula).

So here's the link, just let me know if you have anymore trouble with the link or any questions/issues with anything in it.

ACSS 1.2.1.zip

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
If the forums still had a like function, i'd send one right away... Thank you soo much, i'm really grateful!

haha no problem! Just glad to help lol

I was reading through this thread and the dev thread a bit last night. Seems you were also having trouble converting the Planet Data to the new 1.5 format. I created a program to convert them, it works quite well, though I did make it remove all the terrainFormulas (that's the only thing that I couldn't figure out how to convert, must be something in the game they are calculating differently or something of the sort, it just doesn't seem to like many of the formulas in ACSS and I couldn't track down what in particular).

With that said, I ran those files from that last post through the converter, so here they are in 1.5 format...

ACSS 1.2.2.zip

And here's the source code for the converter...

ACSS 1.2 to SFS 1.5 Planet Converter.zip