Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hi, I'm having an issue with ACSS. After installing and creating a world, I noticed that the launchpad and such isn't on the ground:
View attachment 84511
Can I have some help fixing this?
Hi Charon

It's easy to fix. You normally have a Space_Center_Data.txt file in your pack:
Screenshot_20220610-225518_Total Commander.jpg

Open it:
Screenshot_20220610-225526_QuickEdit+.jpg

And change "height" to 0.0. I haven't tried myself to be honest, but I suppose you get the idea: you can adjust the space center position that way.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I changed "height" to 0.0, but the issue persists. Is there any other way to fix this?
Well, I'm surprised about that... Did you restart the game after you changed the file? This is important so that the game reloads the file. Otherwise I have no idea.

C

Charon

Well, I'm surprised about that... Did you restart the game after you changed the file? This is important so that the game reloads the file. Otherwise I have no idea.
I restarted the game after editing the file, but said issue is still present. It appears that after I reload the game, the file reverts back to its original state even though it was saved after the "height" value was changed.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I restarted the game after editing the file, but said issue is still present. It appears that after I reload the game, the file reverts back to its original state even though it was saved after the "height" value was changed.
Oh, I think you changed the file from the example folder then. I used that one for the screenshots as I don't have the pack installed, but you should have a similar file in the ACSS folder (or whatever it's called, but that's the folder that contains your system).

C

Charon

Oh, I think you changed the file from the example folder then. I used that one for the screenshots as I don't have the pack installed, but you should have a similar file in the ACSS folder (or whatever it's called, but that's the folder that contains your system).
I changed it in the ACSS folder after moving it in "Custom Solar Systems". The file reverts to original state after changes are saved and file is reopened.
Screenshot_20220610-161738_Total Commander.jpg

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I changed it in the ACSS folder after moving it in "Custom Solar Systems". The file reverts to original state after changes are saved and file is reopened.
View attachment 84516
It's a problem with your text editor then, if changes are undone when you reopen.

Try replacing your file with that one then.

Attachments

C

Charon

It's a problem with your text editor then, if changes are undone when you reopen.

Try replacing your file with that one then.
I was able to fix the problem by copying the "Space_Center_Data" file to my internal, storage and edit the file there before moving it back over, replacing the original.

Another issue I'm having is that the terrain on Earth, Moon and Mars is completely flat. The version of ACSS I'm currently using is from this download link:

haha no problem! Just glad to help lol

I was reading through this thread and the dev thread a bit last night. Seems you were also having trouble converting the Planet Data to the new 1.5 format. I created a program to convert them, it works quite well, though I did make it remove all the terrainFormulas (that's the only thing that I couldn't figure out how to convert, must be something in the game they are calculating differently or something of the sort, it just doesn't seem to like many of the formulas in ACSS and I couldn't track down what in particular).

With that said, I ran those files from that last post through the converter, so here they are in 1.5 format...

ACSS 1.2.2.zip

And here's the source code for the converter...

ACSS 1.2 to SFS 1.5 Planet Converter.zip
Lastly, I have an unrelated problem. I am using DroidEdit and tried to edit the blueprint files, but parts of them were deleted when opened using this app. Do you have a suggestion for a replacement?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Another issue I'm having is that the terrain on Earth, Moon and Mars is completely flat. The version of ACSS I'm currently using is from this download link
Well, for this I can't help. I believe Laika deleted all the terrain formulas, basically because their format evolved since the first version. They would need to be reimplemented.

Lastly, I have an unrelated problem. I am using DroidEdit and tried to edit the blueprint files, but parts of them were deleted when opened using this app. Do you have a suggestion for a replacement?
Sadly I don't know this app, I can't help either.

C

Charon

Well, for this I can't help. I believe Laika deleted all the terrain formulas, basically because their format evolved since the first version. They would need to be reimplemented.

Sadly I don't know this app, I can't help either.
Thank you for your help regardless, it is appreciated.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
How would you reimplement them?
The full answer would be very long. So in short you could just copy the terrain formulas from the example planets.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Copy the Example heightmap data to the ACSS folder?
Not just this! That would be too easy.

You have to copy the terrain formulas in the planet files themselves. Here is an example with the Earth file from the example folder:
Screenshot_20220613-184901_QuickEdit+.jpg

C

Charon

Not just this! That would be too easy.

You have to copy the terrain formulas in the planet files themselves. Here is an example with the Earth file from the example folder:
View attachment 84722
Oh... Well, I think it would be easy enough for the vanilla planets. But as for the extra stuff like Saturn and it's moons, are there any references I can use?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Oh... Well, I think it would be easy enough for the vanilla planets. But as for the extra stuff like Saturn and it's moons, are there any references I can use?
I'm sure that Saturn itself won't be a problem :p

For other bodies the question is legitimate though. I found an old post where I explained the terrain formula, that might help:
The Homestead system

As long as you use the predefined terrains it's not that difficult once you understood how it works. But making your own terrain will really be a pain o_O

Gurren Lagann

«★» Officer «» //PT
Professor
ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Don't forget that conversion is needed in the second value of the terrain. I'm grabbing this directly from what i said on the Concourse once:

The terrain units were changed in 1.5:
- In 1.4, the usual format was (HeightmapName, RepeatsPerLoop, MapDisplacementHeight), where RepeatsPerLoop is how many times the heightmap repeats per loop around the planet, and MapDisplacementHeight is in meters
- In 1.5, the usual format is now (HeightmapName, HeightmapWidth, MapDisplacementHeight), where HeightmapWidth is the physical width of the heightmap in meters
To convert 1.4's RepeatsPerLoop to 1.5's HeightmapWidth, you take the circunference of the planet (radius*π), and divide it by RepeatsPerLoop

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Is making a planet pack hard to do?
It depends. You have access to the resources of the original solar system, so that's relatively easy if you reuse them. It's more tricky if you want to make your own stuff, like textures, terrain and so on.

Oshizuma Izushika

Moon Maker
Man on the Moon
Registered
Welcome to ACSS!

Actually Complete Solar System, or ACSS for short, is a massive solar system expansion pack, featuring 251 new solar system bodies (list in the README.txt file).

ACSS is currently at Version 1.0, so more SSBs will come!

Credits to the packs i used (that i remenber) are also in the README.txt, so please read the file! Also thanks to everyone* whose packs i used!

* - Brian_Felipe, SpaceSimXplore, BANDWITH and Discord users Astrônomo (now Earth and Moon), Quantikos, Dahmond, Flefliker, and StayHigh

A tip for installing the pack:
When installing the pack, do not put everything at once! I, myself, put all of the textures first, then i put the planet data files in groups of 42.

Changelog:

1.0 - Release - New SSBs: 197

Download link (the file is too big for the forums)

1.0.1 - Fix
- Actually added Makemake (thanks Biofatal)
- Added warning to the Readme file

1.0.2 - Fix
- Fixed the shape of Bennu and Ryugu (thanks Discord user Negative)

1.1 - The Kuiper Update
- Fixed the spikyness in the surfaces of Psyche and Ceres
- Added 39 (or 40?) new solar system bodies
- Added rings to Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune
- Correctly scaled Saturn's rings
- Added day-night cycles for Venus, Earth, Mars and Pluto

ACSS 1.2.2.zip
This is totally worth it, thank you!