Addon - the SFS Mod Pack

Addon preview.png

Hello everyone, dear English speakers. I present to you as a gift my mod pack, on which a lot of work has been done from scratch

I also inform you that this is already a release thread

Short FAQ about this Mod Pack:
Q: Why is it called a mod pack, even if it's not a mod?
A: Mod Pack means a set of modifications of the game, by the list of modifications I mean planetary systems, custom translation and all this together.

Q: How long have you been doing this?
A: Since the release of the game version 1.5

Q: How do these planetary systems differ from the rest?
A: All systems have been updated to the latest version of the game, therefore, even if you want to in the RSS or other system included here, you will not burn out at the same second of touching the atmosphere

Some screenshots from the Addon:
1640969413526.png

Earth

1640969552995.png

Saturn

1640969654967.png

Titan

1640969689813.png

Uranus

1640969718351.png

Pluto

1640969864396.png

Some my curve gluing all the planets of the KSP system in one photo

Addon 2.01- the SFS Mod Pack
Download

Description:

This mod pack includes 4 planetary systems and 1 custom translation. Before installing, do not forget to read the file "Read Me!" from the archive.
A New Year's gift to you all!

Included planetary systems:
Extended Solar System: Lite
— In this system, the entire Extended Solar System, with planets up to Sedna. The scale of the planets is vanilla, that is, like in the original game.

RSS System by Artur
— There are realistic planets in this RSS (Real Solar System)! The most difficult system for your game, only the stubborn ones will be able to enter orbit!

RSS System Mini by Artur
— RSS mini contains exactly the same planets from the usual RSS, only in it the planets are 2 times smaller in all aspects except density. The difficulty is on the experienced players!

KSP System
— The KSP from that popular game! The size of the system is 1 to 1. Feel like half a green cucumber-man! And on the other a rocket builder in SFS!

Included translation
:

Colourful achievements
:
— In it, achievements are repainted in colours, depending on the difficulty, achievements will be repainted in specific colours:
Red As Bad As Possible!
Copper -
Silver - ★ ★
Golden - ★ ★ ★

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Nice to see you again! Guess imma do some yeetin here too I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, special thanks for the help of repkon#4386, which helped to deal with the «minHeatingVelocityMultipler»: in the data of physical atmosphere of the different planets.

MineYT

Registered
Hello, I would love to download your planet pack but can you let me know if it works on 2gb ram devices please? Thank you!

Hello, I would love to download your planet pack but can you let me know if it works on 2gb ram devices please? Thank you!
It's simple, it all depends not on the weight of the textures of the planets, but on the number of planets. The more planets, the more freezes the game. That's how the game works. Many planets can be disastrous.

Addon 2.02- the SFS Mod Pack
Download

Description:
This mod pack includes 5 planetary systems and 1 custom translation. Before installing, do not forget to read the file "Read Me!" from the archive.
Hotfix!

Included planetary systems:
Extended Solar System: Lite
— In this system, the entire Extended Solar System, with planets up to Sedna. The scale of the planets is vanilla, that is, like in the original game.

RSS System by Artur

— There are realistic planets in this RSS (Real Solar System)! The most difficult system for your game, only the most experienced and persistent ones will be able to enter orbit! And that's not to mention other planets!

RSS System Mini by Artur
— RSS mini contains exactly the same planets from the usual RSS, only in it the planets are 2 times smaller in all aspects except density. The difficulty is on the experienced players!

KSP System
— The planetary system from that popular game! The size of the system is 1 to 1. Feel like half a green kerbal like a cucumber! And on the other a rocket builder in SFS!

Lightn't System
— Hardcore system of new level! Try to land on celestial bodies, but without seeing their surfaces even in the map view! Only height numbers, only hardcore! However, only the Earth and the Sun will be visible to you. The system scale is completely vanilla.

Included translation
:

Colourful achievements:
— In it, achievements are repainted in colours, depending on the difficulty, achievements will be repainted in specific colours:
Red As Bad As Possible!
Copper - ★
Silver - ★ ★
Golden - ★ ★ ★

Hi!
for some reason I can’t really download the pack to my files properly cuz I don’t know how to use .rar files.
I tried tapping on it and it turn into a .zip but when I pressed it didn’t turn into a folder.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hi!
for some reason I can’t really download the pack to my files properly cuz I don’t know how to use .rar files.
I tried tapping on it and it turn into a .zip but when I pressed it didn’t turn into a folder.
Hello Darr1209,

A rar file is a compressed file, which is basically the same thing as a zip file, but it is a different compression format. You need a specific program to unzip it. Under Windows you can use winrar, and under Android you can use RAR (search "rar for android" in the play store).

It is so hard to enter orbit in RSS lol. Also I realized that the rocket parts are much smaller compared to IRL if you look at the measurements and stuff; sure, I could pass the Karman line, but is so difficult to enter orbit. I also found out that the engines' thrust is puny compared to the rocket engines of our world.

I've tried stacking engines to get more thrust and fuel tanks to get more efficiency to little avail as of now.

sigh I really wish I had more powerful engines... even the stretched Frontier isn't doing it for me... I just need powerful and efficient engines so I don't discard my first stage and boosters less than halfway up the atmosphere and run out of fuel without even making it to 6 or 7km/s

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
You're mixing thrust and efficiency.
What you need is engines with higher isp, so they give you more dV for your fuel. And ideally less mass for the thrust they give.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Then uhh... stretch said high ISP motor?
No, stretching doesn't increase Isp. That was true in a previous version of the game, but not anymore.

Basically, Isp is the ratio of "how much thrust it provides" over "how much fuel is consumed". The higher, the better.

When you stretch an engine by a factor 2, you double the thrust, but you double the fuel consumption aswell, so the Isp isn't changed. What Mooncrasher says is that you need to improve that ratio. Under the mobile version there's no way to do it though.

That's why RSS systems are so hard to play. Which is sad because this one looks really amazing.

No, stretching doesn't increase Isp. That was true in a previous version of the game, but not anymore.

Basically, Isp is the ratio of "how much thrust it provides" over "how much fuel is consumed". The higher, the better.

When you stretch an engine by a factor 2, you double the thrust, but you double the fuel consumption aswell, so the Isp isn't changed. What Mooncrasher says is that you need to improve that ratio. Under the mobile version there's no way to do it though.

That's why RSS systems are so hard to play. Which is sad because this one looks really amazing.
Oh well...
Then how to do it on the PC version? Maybe you can help me that way.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Oh well...
Then how to do it on the PC version? Maybe you can help me that way.
On PC you can create a new world with a difficulty setting: easy, hard or realistic. Choosing realistic will buff the Isp of all engines by 50%.

Otherwise you can download custom parts, but you'll have to do with what you have at your disposal there.

On PC you can create a new world with a difficulty setting: easy, hard or realistic. Choosing realistic will buff the Isp of all engines by 50%.

Otherwise you can download custom parts, but you'll have to do with what you have at your disposal there.
Interesting, thank you. sigh I really want to purchase the PC version on Steam, could I invite y'all to crowdfund it? Thanks...

You know what, it'd be nice to download some PC engines...

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered