Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Looks like you made a mistake somewhere. Show how you calculated it.
A mistake is very likely indeed, for the reasons you gave. But he won't answer, we had to ban him.

On my side I'm quite disappointed. I was impatient to see that:
literally if atleast 10 people fails on this even though they have great skill
i will prob post the tutorial on general discussions.
But in the end...
so... no new submissions is coming.
i just dont have enough skills to do this.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
What's the point of this challenge anyway? Who can build the rocket with most stages? I mean, if infinite build screen is allowed...

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Also, i forgot that taking off from Earth is much longer at Realistic, since Earth is big, thus extra time fighting with gravity would cost something like +2 km more of ΔV at Realistic in comparison to Normal (in addition to lost ΔV fighting with gravity at Normal).

Thus we need ship complex, which will cover 22+- km of ΔV total at Normal level of difficulty, from all it's flight plan combined, to make the same mission at Realistic level of difficulty, which can be performed by 8 km ΔV ship at Normal level of difficulty.

But if we plan to land on big celestial bodies, then each body will add more to the basket of extra ΔV to cover up for longer fighting with gravity for both landing and then taking off from it.

Depending on amount and size of planets and moons, which will be landed on, and size of the lander, it will add up a little more ΔV needed. But since lander is small guy, it will be much less +ΔV requirements, than taking off from Earth costs.

Thus, clearly, it will require several launches from Earch connected in orbit before the final departure from Earth's SOI.

Last edited:

Noor Nehan

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
A mistake is very likely indeed, for the reasons you gave. But he won't answer, we had to ban him.

On my side I'm quite disappointed. I was impatient to see that:

But in the end...
Why ASC was banned? Could you tell please,

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Why ASC was banned? Could you tell please,
For repeated rule violations. It may not be obvious as we tend to delete what violates the rules, but we've had a few problems with him. I'll keep the details private though.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
what rule did he violate?
What Marmilo says. Those were minor violations most of the time, but that was constantly happening. Sorry but I won't say more, he also has the right to some form of privacy, we generally avoid exposing that kind of stuff.

Noor Nehan

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
What Marmilo says. Those were minor violations most of the time, but that was constantly happening. Sorry but I won't say more, he also has the right to some form of privacy, we generally avoid exposing that kind of stuff.
I wanna know Whatever, just let it go.