Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
i can tell horus hates this thread by the name of it
I don't hate anime by default, as that is a dangerous position considering my lifelong love of things like Transformers, which whilst not technically anime, aren't far off.

However. What I absolutely despise with the dark hatred of a cluster of imploding black holes about anime is two fold.

1. The incredible and extreme levels of anthropomorphism abound. i.e., fucking catgirls and the like, bloody furries, and by extension (for lack of a better term) 'mechropomorphism', battleship/fighteraircraft-girls. Weebs of the Earth, WHY?! please explain this to me. There are more than enough actual, real and incredibly beautiful actual women in the real world, without fantasising about one with dog ears or has an 18" triple turret on her shoulder.
And if you can't find any or need help, I'll be more than willing to steer you onto the right path. And Altair as well. He's french and has great taste.

2. Over-powered 90lb japanese schoolgirls. Look, I get it, the shows aren't supposed to be real and aimed at school boys so the age range is a bit limited.
But for fuck sake, the schoolgirls are generic as fuck. Skinny, whiney children making noises whilst powersliding a Tiger tank, my suspension of reality can only go so far and I honestly have problems telling the crews apart. Have you ever wondered why they always wear the same clothes episode to episode?
Cos if they changed outfits, you'd confuse them with each other.
Why not, and I'm just spitballing here, create actual characters beyond skinny school girls with family issues? Ones that actually look like they can operate, maintain and fight in 60t armoured vehicles.
If that is beyond the writers and character designers, then you need to hire new ones.
And if you have to make your WWII era tank fly to make your tank fights exciting, then you are talentless hacks that have no idea how combat works and need to get yourself a proper technical director in.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I don't hate anime by default, as that is a dangerous position considering my lifelong love of things like Transformers, which whilst not technically anime, aren't far off.

However. What I absolutely despise with the dark hatred of a cluster of imploding black holes about anime is two fold.

1. The incredible and extreme levels of anthropomorphism abound. i.e., fucking catgirls and the like, bloody furries, and by extension (for lack of a better term) 'mechropomorphism', battleship/fighteraircraft-girls. Weebs of the Earth, WHY?! please explain this to me. There are more than enough actual, real and incredibly beautiful actual women in the real world, without fantasising about one with dog ears or has an 18" triple turret on her shoulder.
And if you can't find any or need help, I'll be more than willing to steer you onto the right path. And Altair as well. He's french and has great taste.

2. Over-powered 90lb japanese schoolgirls. Look, I get it, the shows aren't supposed to be real and aimed at school boys so the age range is a bit limited.
But for fuck sake, the schoolgirls are generic as fuck. Skinny, whiney children making noises whilst powersliding a Tiger tank, my suspension of reality can only go so far and I honestly have problems telling the crews apart. Have you ever wondered why they always wear the same clothes episode to episode?
Why not, and I'm just spitballing here, create actual characters beyond skinny school girls with family issues? Ones that actually look like they can operate, maintain and fight in 60t armoured vehicles.
If that is beyond the writers and character designers, then you need to hire new ones.
And if you have to make your WWII era tank fly to make your tank fights exciting, then you are talentless hacks that have no idea how combat works and need to get yourself a proper technical director in.
Horus that is the exact same reason i hate it aswell

Eventhough some transformer cartoons are anime they are ones i accept

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
This thread proves our forum's are full of weebs

88 pages....
Correction: 89
Where can i watch initial D
On Netflix of course!
No, Netflix really has it:
BE27B5F8-75E1-47CB-8F5B-FD059E63593E.jpeg

Funimation also has it:
648634A8-319D-418F-9308-B1C8109684B1.jpeg

Horus that is the exact same reason i hate it aswell

Eventhough some transformer cartoons are anime they are ones i accept
See Joe, there is very good anime, there’s good anime, there’s mid-quality anime, there’s low quality anime, and then there’s GuP and the video games these people are playing (with all due and proper respect).

THAT is the problem.

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Correction: 89

On Netflix of course!
No, Netflix really has it:
View attachment 64620

Funimation also has it:
View attachment 64621

See Joe, there is very good anime, there’s good anime, there’s mid-quality anime, there’s low quality anime, and then there’s GuP and the video games these people are playing (with all due and proper respect).

THAT is the problem.
then theres the anime which is cringe and NSFW

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Yeah, there’s also non-anime movies and TV shows that are cringe and NSFW...:rolleyes:

That’s not unique to anime.
Netflix's Transformers War For Cybertron is classed as an anime but it isnt really
because it looks like this

1621700657673.png
it doesnt look anime to me

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Anime is a sub-genere of Animated.
It's simply something animated that is made in a particular Japanese style.

All anime is animated, but not all animated is anime.

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
There it is! There’s precisely your proof that not all anime is as you think it is.

Hell, even Castlevania is classed as an anime, and is definitely not an anime, even for me. :rolleyes:
my god your right.

T

The Dark in the Light

I think there's a WW2 style anime without 90lbs Japamese schoolgirls powersliding Konïgstigers, but I may be mistaken. I'll have to do some digging.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I think there's a WW2 style anime without 90lbs Japamese schoolgirls powersliding Konïgstigers, but I may be mistaken. I'll have to do some digging.
There probably is. Someone, somewhere would've looked at something like GI Joe and thought 'hmmm, we don't need magical abilities, 90lb girls in mini-skirts and bullshit physics to make things look interesting on screen.
It'll exist somewhere.

This thread has 89 pages?
And counting. I think this and la comedie are the two most commented and viewed threads on the forum (that haven't got anything to do with updates)

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
There probably is. Someone, somewhere would've looked at something like GI Joe and thought 'hmmm, we don't need magical abilities, 90lb girls in mini-skirts and bullshit physics to make things look interesting on screen.
It'll exist somewhere.
The Princess and the Pilot - Wikipedia

Good WW2-style anime. It does NOT has schoolgirls driving military things, it has true soldiers (mostly pilots) driving military things. It is centered around aviation, it has a lot of aircraft designs (fictitious mostly) and I recommend it.

T

The Dark in the Light

It'll exist somewhere.
I think I'll look around later today, though I think it'll be kinda hard to find one where you don't have: Japanese schoolgirls powersliding Königstigers, anime girl/battleship hybrids or anything of the like. Though I will say that in my opinion, Azur Lane is a good game with anime girl/battleship hybrids. Sure, there's lot's of fanservice, but I genuinely enjoy the game. And then there's Kantai Collection. I haven't played it but from what I've heard it's not particularly good and I'm not a fan of their art style.

T

The Dark in the Light

The Princess and the Pilot - Wikipedia

Good WW2-style anime. It does NOT has schoolgirls driving military things, it has true soldiers (mostly pilots) driving military things. It is centered around aviation, it has a lot of aircraft designs (fictitious mostly) and I recommend it.
Alrighty, thanks. This'll go on my list on anime to watch, although I pretty much never actually watch anime. War Thunder and such eats up a lot of my time.