Open Anyone else have this glitch?

I was playing SFS earlier today, and was doing some Superheavy landings with my launch tower. I would take off just fine, get out of the atmosphere, then when I reenter, and get close to my tower, (usually about 300-200m) a couple of full tanks on the tower would disappear. I then experienced this when landing a starship near my lunar base, and when I got about 200m above it, the entire thing just glitches out and my whole base disappeared. I’m only just now experiencing this. Anyone who knows this, or knows how to fix it. Feel free to reply. Thanks for the help.

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Nothing you can do, but quicksave and not have many objects around the place. :(

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I was playing SFS earlier today, and was doing some Superheavy landings with my launch tower. I would take off just fine, get out of the atmosphere, then when I reenter, and get close to my tower, (usually about 300-200m) a couple of full tanks on the tower would disappear. I then experienced this when landing a starship near my lunar base, and when I got about 200m above it, the entire thing just glitches out and my whole base disappeared. I’m only just now experiencing this. Anyone who knows this, or knows how to fix it. Feel free to reply. Thanks for the help.
Its a know glitch. The best you can do is save your game very often, and try to dock as many things as you can

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
They won't have disappeared completely, just 'moved'. I've had this lots on busy persistent quicksaves where landing attempts or low passes over groups of ground objects (especially the rover car park on Io) has thrown them into orbit.
I've got a picture on the forum somewhere of a satellite dish that'd been catapulted into an extra-solar trajectory because reasons.

T

TtTOtW

lil’Mayo here's what to do:
1) Don't approach at a big speed difference between you and the objects.
2) Don't be in time warp when you are about 5km from the objects.
3) Dock together whatever you can. Have as few separate objects close together as possible.
These are things that SFS throws a fit over. Keep these guidelines and you'll almost NEVER experience this glitch, if at all.

lil’Mayo here's what to do:
1) Don't approach at a big speed difference between you and the objects.
2) Don't be in time warp when you are about 5km from the objects.
3) Dock together whatever you can. Have as few separate objects close together as possible.
These are things that SFS throws a fit over. Keep these guidelines and you'll almost NEVER experience this glitch, if at all.
Thank you man. I’ll keep all this in mind. Hope Stef fixes this, or optimizes the game for these kinds of situations

They won't have disappeared completely, just 'moved'. I've had this lots on busy persistent quicksaves where landing attempts or low passes over groups of ground objects (especially the rover car park on Io) has thrown them into orbit.
I've got a picture on the forum somewhere of a satellite dish that'd been catapulted into an extra-solar trajectory because reasons.
Yeah, I watched the map while coming in for landing, and you can see the objects being thrown into the air.