Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I Would Like People To Screenshot There Version Of The ASTP
Rules:
Must Be In Low Earth Orbit
No Cheats
Must Be Own Rockets Non Download

Rockets
Any Version Of The Soyuz (Try To Recreate Soyuz 19 Mainly)
Saturn 1B (Not The Saturn V)
There Is No Time Limit
Have Fun :)

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I must say that I agree with this but...

They did return to Earth safely.
I Know They Did In Real Life But This Rocket Has No Parashutes

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Okay, is not the fact that Android can bp edit and iOS can't. I've seen unedited Saturn IB's and Soyuz's which are much better than mine, and mine are not even to scale (well, I actually can't remember if the Sat IB) is, but whatever, here's the mission:

First of both, the Soyuz:
Screenshot_20200309-141216.png

Booster separation:
Screenshot_20200309-141358.png

Second stage separation:
Screenshot_20200309-141522.png

Spacecraft deployment:
Screenshot_20200309-141655.png

Screenshot_20200309-141805.png

Second, last but no least important, the Apollo:
Screenshot_20200309-142315.png

Second stage:
Screenshot_20200309-142522.png

Screenshot_20200309-142637.png

Spacecraft separation and turning to capture the docking module:
Screenshot_20200309-142713.png

Screenshot_20200309-142737.png

Orbital Encounter:
Screenshot_20200309-143217.png

After the historical mission is complete, we can plan the landing of both ships.

Soyuz split-up and landing:
Screenshot_20200309-143355.png

Retro-rockets on! Brace for touchdown!
Screenshot_20200309-143722.png

Apollo split-up and landing:
Screenshot_20200309-143816.png

Screenshot_20200309-144516.png

Splash down! Mission complete!

JSP

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Okay, is not the fact that Android can bp edit and iOS can't. I've seen unedited Saturn IB's and Soyuz's which are much better than mine, and mine are not even to scale (well, I actually can't remember if the Sat IB) is, but whatever, here's the mission:

First of both, the Soyuz:
View attachment 34358

Booster separation:
View attachment 34359

Second stage separation:
View attachment 34360

Spacecraft deployment:
View attachment 34361
View attachment 34362

Second, last but no least important, the Apollo:
View attachment 34363

Second stage:
View attachment 34364
View attachment 34365

Spacecraft separation and turning to capture the docking module:
View attachment 34366
View attachment 34367

Orbital Encounter:
View attachment 34368
After the historical mission is complete, we can plan the landing of both ships.

Soyuz split-up and landing:
View attachment 34370

Retro-rockets on! Brace for touchdown!
View attachment 34371

Apollo split-up and landing:
View attachment 34373
View attachment 34374

Splash down! Mission complete!
That Was Excellent

Flexilis Anatis

Eater of Waterfowl
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
This took me longer than I would care to admit (due to the later parts of the mission.)
So, first, the Soyuz launches,
FAF8027B-6DFD-4BED-892E-C860F51D65FD.png

Then, the Saturn 1B.
E220D2EA-4872-43F1-92EE-3EE4DEF79C0E.png

The docking adapter is retrieved,
61F9B7F7-756A-4AD7-A5E4-5016660C025E.png

and the historic moment is completed on time.
23BB4692-003B-46E9-BFA0-8DB0D5823C7C.png

At this point, however, history splits. The first path is what they want you to believe, with both the Soyuz and Apollo craft returning safely.
5E68FC06-F56F-4F8E-9F47-6E983E3F3D0A.png

2E7089FB-1102-4AF6-8746-560F1C757CD1.png

The second path, however, is far more interesting. (And believable. (Definitely.))

According to my “research”, the Soyuz did not successfully detach from the docking adapter. Apparently, the pilot had snuck way too much vodka aboard, which impaired his ability to pilot the spacecraft. This caused him to fire the engines without being clear of the Apollo spacecraft.
BB0EB59E-1138-49E1-819C-539425848F0B.png

This incident depressurized the Soyuz. Luckily, the two cosmonauts were able to don spacesuits and escape to the Apollo craft. However, the Apollo capsule is only designed to land three people. So a rescue mission was required.

In an attempt to gain more support in the public’s eye, NASA immediately sent a prototype version of the space shuttle.
8D3CFB8E-3584-46FA-BFED-6A8C7D5091A4.png

The Russians, bitter about the failure of their spacecraft, decided that they wanted to be the ones to stage a rescue mission, so they sent up an early version of the Burbank shuttle.
9C0269A2-B45F-4B70-9CBB-ED5BFDEBB932.png

The space shuttle reaches the stranded capsule first, but before they are able to retrieve the astronauts, the soviets deploy their “preventative measure.”
55E3FD41-9327-4051-AEFE-89478603F30E.png

B4A7B709-306A-4FBA-854D-9BEE1E6DE597.png
64F120FF-FB1D-4574-A042-16AE0C1EFCF9.png

The Buran shuttle launches a missile at the STS, and it celebrates the 4th of July a little bit early. Back in Houston, mission control is horrified that the soviets have deployed weaponry, and that they have no defense. Then, one tech remembers that a few months ago, NASA engineers misread an order, and instead of setting up a Delta IV Heavy on the launchpad, they prepared it already in orbit.
E9549921-84DB-494B-9552-8DF966FA834A.png

NASA quickly takes control of the rocket, and proceeds to ram it into the Buran shuttle.
98B7D7AB-3CD4-4ED6-946E-19FD6BB52CE0.png

Now then, after all this, it seems that everyone forgot about the five stranded astronauts. Surprisingly, they did survive. They found that if they all sit side by side, they can wedge themselves against the walls of the capsule and survive reentry and landing. They all made it back without injury, and the entire ordeal was covered up by a joint effort between the US and Soviet Union. This cover-up effort was the first step towards a period of greater cooperation and understanding between the two superpowers.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Dude, I'm really glad this didn't happen...
And really, both the STS and the Buran were still on the design table when this happened. The D4H wasn't even a concept yet.

T

TtTOtW

This took me longer than I would care to admit (due to the later parts of the mission.)
View attachment 34384

Then, the Saturn 1B.
View attachment 34385

View attachment 34386

View attachment 34387

At this point, however, history splits. The first path is what they want you to believe, with both the Soyuz and Apollo craft returning safely.
View attachment 34388

View attachment 34389

The second path, however, is far more interesting. (And believable. (Definitely.))

According to my “research”, the Soyuz did not successfully detach from the docking adapter. Apparently, the pilot had snuck way too much vodka aboard, which impaired his ability to pilot the spacecraft. This caused him to fire the engines without being clear of the Apollo spacecraft.
View attachment 34390
This incident depressurized the Soyuz. Luckily, the two cosmonauts were able to don spacesuits and escape to the Apollo craft. However, the Apollo capsule is only designed to land three people. So a rescue mission was required.

In an attempt to gain more support in the public’s eye, NASA immediately sent a prototype version of the space shuttle.
View attachment 34391

The Russians, bitter about the failure of their spacecraft, decided that they wanted to be the ones to stage a rescue mission, so they sent up an early version of the Burbank shuttle.
View attachment 34392

The space shuttle reaches the stranded capsule first, but before they are able to retrieve the astronauts, the soviets deploy their “preventative measure.”
View attachment 34393
View attachment 34394 View attachment 34395
The Buran shuttle launches a missile at the STS, and it celebrates the 4th of July a little bit early. Back in Houston, mission control is horrified that the soviets have deployed weaponry, and that they have no defense. Then, one tech remembers that a few months ago, NASA engineers misread an order, and instead of setting up a Delta IV Heavy on the launchpad, they prepared it already in orbit.
View attachment 34396

NASA quickly takes control of the rocket, and proceeds to ram it into the Buran shuttle.
View attachment 34397
Now then, after all this, it seems that everyone forgot about the five stranded astronauts. Surprisingly, they did survive. They found that if they all sit side by side, they can wedge themselves against the walls of the capsule and survive reentry and landing. They all made it back without injury, and the entire ordeal was covered up by a joint effort between the US and Soviet Union. This cover-up effort was the first step towards a period of greater cooperation and understanding between the two superpowers.
See, alcohol leads to all sorts of bad things...

I see that the apollo has gained some weight from all the moon dust he ate.

I see that the Soyuz is as skinny as ever from his years spent in the Gulag.

I also see that there isn't an air pressure adapter airlock docked in the middle, I take it that both the crew from Apollo and Soyuz are having a great time in there enjoying the sudden pressure change once they open the hatch.

View attachment 34384

Then, the Saturn 1B.
View attachment 34385

View attachment 34386

View attachment 34387

View attachment 34388

View attachment 34389

View attachment 34390

View attachment 34391

View attachment 34392

View attachment 34393
View attachment 34394 View attachment 34395
View attachment 34396

View attachment 34397
tenor.gif

Flexilis Anatis

Eater of Waterfowl
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
And really, both the STS and the Buran were still on the design table when this happened. The D4H wasn't even a concept yet.
Yeah, I figured. I just used it as an excuse for why there external tanks on the space shuttle didn’t have any boosters (which I couldn’t get to look right) and for why the Energia only had one of the four boosters.