ASoD's VanillaUpgrades - Windows Steam Mod

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.2.7 out now. Added a toggle to disable all shake effects, explosion shake toggle was left in as a sub-option.

Everything seems to work but I just can't see the New Unit Displays (Mm, km/s, c, etc..), only apoapsis, periapsis, eccentricity and angle.
Are they somewhere hidden?

Here is my config file :
{
"persistentVars": {
"opacity": 0.0,
"windowColor": {
"r": 1.0,
"g": 1.0,
"b": 1.0
}
},
"showBuildGUI": true,
"showAdvanced": true,
"mmUnits": true,
"kmsUnits": true,
"cUnits": true,
"ktUnits": true,
"shakeEffects": true,
"explosions": true,
"explosionShake": true,
"stopTimewarpOnEncounter": true,
"moreCameraZoom": true,
"moreCameraMove": true,
"allowTimeSlowdown": false,
"higherPhysicsWarp": false
}

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Everything seems to work but I just can't see the New Unit Displays (Mm, km/s, c, etc..), only apoapsis, periapsis, eccentricity and angle.
Are they somewhere hidden?
The units get switched to and are displayed within the game's default UI when you go above a certain threshold, like how the game switches from m to km at 10,000.
Thresholds are as follows:
Mm = 100,000km
Km/s = 10,000m/s
c = 3,000km/s
kt = 5,000t

Could potentially add a feature that allows you to manually set the threshold I suppose, but seems unnecessary.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.2.8 is now live.
- World time display.
- Reimplementation of 1.35's indicator showing how long you've been timewarping for.
- Proper handling for missing sections of WindowPositions file.

A small note, when you update, your window positions will be reset. Hopefully this will be the first and last time this will happen as I don't currently have any plans to add more gui windows.

T

TtTOtW

v2.2.8 is now live.
- World time display.
- Reimplementation of 1.35's indicator showing how long you've been timewarping for.
- Proper handling for missing sections of WindowPositions file.

A small note, when you update, your window positions will be reset. Hopefully this will be the first and last time this will happen as I don't currently have any plans to add more gui windows.
Now this is a great update!

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I've published v2.3, however this version is NOT for the public release of the game. It will only work on the public beta.

- Disabled timewarp to. It was extremely buggy and the devs have already shown off an official version.
- Fixed game-breaking bugs that cause the menus to not work, as well as addressed all other changes the beta introduced.
- Dropped support for modloader versions below v1.3.2, as it's the only modloader version that works on the beta anyways.

You can go here to get it, as it will not show up in the sidebar as the latest official release.
Release v2.3 - For Beta · AStudentOfDread/ASoDs-VanillaUpgraded

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.3.1 out now. This version is also NOT compatible with the current release, only use this version if you are on the public beta.

- Fixed Stop Timewarp On Encounter.
- Fixed World Clock not hiding when UI is hidden.
- Higher Physics Timewarp now allows 3x timewarp like vanilla.
- Added a manual DV calculator. Can be toggled with C if you have build settings hidden. There is also an option to have it default to shown.

Release v2.3.1 - For Beta · AStudentOfDread/ASoDs-VanillaUpgraded

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.3.2 uploaded, another version that is ONLY compatible with the public beta.

- Keybinds for toggling symmetry/interior view
- Headers for keybind sections
- Fixed ISP averager window changing its width when an engine is added
- DV calculator and ISP averager windows will now save their positions. (Should've done this to begin with tbh)

Known issues:
- If a texture is loaded by the game and it throws an error, the main menu will fail to load. Can be fixed by pressing esc then cancel, or by y'know, fixing the texture. I will fix this in a later update.

Release v2.3.2 - For Beta · AStudentOfDread/ASoDs-VanillaUpgraded

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.3.3 out now, also NOT for current release. Will only work on beta.

- Gave advanced info an option to minimize it.
- Advanced info will now compact when you put it close to the top or bottom of the screen, an option to force compact mode is also available.
- Config is now sorted in dropdown menus instead of just a long scroll list.
- Windows can now hang a little bit off of the edges of the screen.

Known issues:
- Broken texture bug is still a thing.
- Sometimes dragging the window around when it enters compact mode looks a little visually glitchy, may fix later but it's not a huge issue.

Release v2.3.3 - For Beta · AStudentOfDread/ASoDs-VanillaUpgraded

v2.3.3 out now, also NOT for current release. Will only work on beta.

- Gave advanced info an option to minimize it.
- Advanced info will now compact when you put it close to the top or bottom of the screen, an option to force compact mode is also available.
- Config is now sorted in dropdown menus instead of just a long scroll list.
- Windows can now hang a little bit off of the edges of the screen.

Known issues:
- Broken texture bug is still a thing.
- Sometimes dragging the window around when it enters compact mode looks a little visually glitchy, may fix later but it's not a huge issue.

Release v2.3.3 - For Beta · AStudentOfDread/ASoDs-VanillaUpgraded
nice

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.3.4 for beta released.

This version adds UI scaling to all windows except config, meaning the windows attempt to downscale to a size that isn't obscenely large for your resolution. Some resolutions are a bit jank. Resolutions under 1024x768 are NOT supported, I don't know who would want to use a blurry mess like that anyways. Jank such as buttons being partially cut off on certain resolutions will likely not be fixed, sue me.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.3.5 now out, this for the latest BETA release. Only use this version on the latest public beta release.

- Fix for snapping toggle causing game breakage on the latest beta.
- Made dV calc windows a bit wider so the text boxes could hold more characters.
- Torque toggle keybind (T). When torque is disabled, capsules and probes will not apply torque to the craft unless RCS is on. Good for rovers.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
v2.3.5 confirmed working on v1.5.7 release! However, you will need to make sure you update your modloader to v1.3.2.