Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
Here’s the first new photo in over half a month. It’s been pretty cloudy here lately. Anyways, this is the Dumbbell Nebula in two versions-standard RGB, and a false color mapping. I’m very happy with how this turned out. Yesterday I wasn’t sure if I should even attempt it, but I’m glad I did. I can’t upload the high res versions here, but they are posted on my new Flickr page: 4KidsOneCamera View attachment 69123 View attachment 69124
Checking you Flickr page, those are some sweet photos. Wow!

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Here is an image showing the light of the sun, reflecting off of the earth and onto the dark side of the moon (also known as Earth Shine). It is a composite image of two different exposure lengths taken on the same night (unlike previous lunar composites I’ve done). Because everything in this image was taken on the same night pointing at the same spot in the sky, it feels more real to me at least. Something that previous composites of mine were lacking.

I’m very pleased with how this turned out! I took the images to make this over a month ago, but never got around to finishing the whole thing. Now that it’s done though, it is probably my favorite lunar image I’ve taken so far! Less than a month left till the one year mark since starting astrophotography. The improvement in such a short amount of time has been huge though!
330D3B03-4F65-4F1D-A6B0-165DBA42D652.jpeg

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Looks fake, but doesn't, your skill is really impressive

Nagini

ssssnake // has nothing against SpaceX replicas
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
That looks soooooo like a Pixar animation! That’s so cool! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Here are a few new images from the other night.

The first image is of NGC 1499 - The California Nebula. Definitely not my best image, but given the conditions I’m happy with it. It was pretty much a full moon, and fairly hazy, as well as the fact I was shooting just above the horizon. This target is best shot during the late fall when it rises the highest, so to be one of the first to get it this season is pretty neat.
0C560F77-498A-4E2C-B605-AAF6239FBD2E.jpeg

The second image (which I am much happier with) is M13 - The Great Hercules Cluster. I think this one turned out great, and is probably my best globular cluster image to date!
36DD1476-3894-4D2F-BFBF-04B9E4A2CBEF.jpeg

Finally, I set up my secondary DSLR on a tripod to capture a time lapse as well as a star trail image. I won’t post the time lapse here (mainly because I’m partially in it, but also because you can’t upload videos directly to the forum), but I will attach the star trail image. This is my first ever attempt at this type of image, so it’s not perfect by any means. But for a first try I think it’s not half bad.
D0A34699-3F74-4F01-A692-ABB033C3BCFE.jpeg

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Currently outside shooting my first ever Milky Way panorama! In the mean time, here are a few shots I took last night. The first is Sagittarius and the Milky Way core region, the second is the Cygnus region. Pretty happy with these, but ought to go spend more time processing them.
885F15AE-0AFF-4D1A-95F1-F03393905EF6.jpeg
CA8C93ED-F91D-46FB-B115-48A135290F4B.jpeg

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
And here is that panorama from Sagittarius to Cygnus! It is by no means perfect, but I’m happy with it. Given the terrible lens I’m working with for this, the results aren’t half bad. Still room for improvement as always though. (Also can’t upload the full quality version, so this one won’t look quite as good)
9806CA9D-5A9E-43B5-8D29-C9B9A8EB3F11.jpeg

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Great pics as always!

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
And here is that panorama from Sagittarius to Cygnus! It is by no means perfect, but I’m happy with it. Given the terrible lens I’m working with for this, the results aren’t half bad. Still room for improvement as always though. (Also can’t upload the full quality version, so this one won’t look quite as good) View attachment 70287
This is My favorite pic Of today
Great work!

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
No new data tonight unfortunately. Instead though, I went back and processed some old data I never got around to finishing and or have never posted publicly.

The first is Markarian’s Chain, the heart of the Virgo supercluster. There are seven/eight prominent galaxies in the chain structure itself, with many more dotted across the image. There are trillions of stars within this photo, making up all of the galaxies you can see. Overall a neat image, and a target I’m excited to shoot again when it comes around next spring.
F4678EED-36BA-45FB-B7C1-373102427189.jpeg

The second image is also old unprocessed data of the Whale and Hocky Stick Galaxies. This was taken before I had all the parts to my scope, so as you can see the stars aren’t perfect. Nonetheless, two interesting little galaxies!
9AEE965E-E11B-40AC-A3DD-A74932F0513F.jpeg

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
That galaxies looks to Big, gud aim bro

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
While I sit inside painstakingly awaiting clear skies (still got probably another week of clouds by the looks of it), I went back and reprocessed some old data on the Iris nebula.

The Iris nebula is one of the few reflection nebulae I’ve photographed before, as they are extremely difficult to capture from light polluted skies. Using new software I was able to squeeze a lot more out of this image, but it is a target I need to reshoot under dark skies to really do justice. Anyways, here is the before versus reprocessed shot:
04EF36A0-417F-42B9-B833-4532CA7CF459.jpeg
ACD8CDFB-7933-42C4-ABDC-E7D1E48B5A5A.jpeg

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
that nebula stands out a lot
For sure! I’m a big fan of reflection nebulae. Just the fact that the nebulae is lit up only by the star you see in the middle seems crazy to me.

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
For sure! I’m a big fan of reflection nebulae. Just the fact that the nebulae is lit up only by the star you see in the middle seems crazy to me.
nebulae are really the most beautiful space objects that exist

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Just received my first duo-narrowband filter. I’m super excited to try this out, as it will allow me to basically block out all wavelengths of light besides two bandpasses that correspond to the wavelengths that emission nebulae are comprised of. This means that almost all of the light pollution in dealing with will be eliminated from these certain targets, and I’m only capturing the most important gasses (Hα and OIII).

I should have a clear night later this week to test it out. Still haven’t decided what to shoot though. :p
A3D2E378-3F03-463C-9E83-4D30924A7814.jpeg

Nagini

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
wooooooooooah …. pretty fancy! :p

Octacorpus

Parrots lover
Team Judge
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Definitely the fanciest of the two filters I now own. It should really up my nebula game!
Just received my first duo-narrowband filter. I’m super excited to try this out, as it will allow me to basically block out all wavelengths of light besides two bandpasses that correspond to the wavelengths that emission nebulae are comprised of. This means that almost all of the light pollution in dealing with will be eliminated from these certain targets, and I’m only capturing the most important gasses (Hα and OIII).

I should have a clear night later this week to test it out. Still haven’t decided what to shoot though. :p View attachment 70897
Ultra noice

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Currently embarking on my second ever mosaic project, and first using my scope. This one is a two panel mosaic of the Butterfly and Crescent nebulae in Cygnus. Shooting panel one tonight, and hopefully the second tomorrow.

Also my first time using my new filter, and I have to say that the results are incredible. I’ve never seen anything like it from at home. To say it’s gonna be a game changer is an understatement. I’ll leave a few single images below to show what I have rn:
9BFCA529-6600-4CD4-96FF-1F14001CB427.png
77413FA8-8D72-4972-8652-2CF7BEDAB360.png

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Let me start off by saying how impressed I am with the results this filter can produce. I have never taken anything like this before. The sheer amount of dust that is visible, and the details within it are quite a sight to see (especially with the light pollution I deal with). Can’t wait to image the second panel tonight as there’s even more stuff hidden in that region. Last nights was the more “boring” of the two panels. A new doorway has been opened for shooting nebulae!

Here is the first panel, processed by itself. I’ll end up reprocessing it for the final mosaic, so this one is just a standalone image.
EA44859B-8427-4923-B433-E77021D492C2.jpeg

Nagini

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Colorful!

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Dang, just realized I never posted the finished mosaic. Well, here is the finished one. I think it turned out pretty cool!
B44DC851-42A0-4700-AF59-6F12BF3BBF9C.jpeg

On the same night I shot the second panel, I also shot the California nebula. This result completely blows the last one out of the water. So much more nebulousity!
00E9B635-2D06-47A1-A617-B77B39563174.jpeg

Finally, I just finished processing the first panel of another mosaic I’m working on (hence why it is offset) - The Elephant’s Trunk Nebula. I’m usually not a huge fan of different color mappings, but for this target I think it’s the way to go.
8195852F-D4D0-4F24-99A4-6D63748949C0.jpeg

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
I’ve still yet to capture the second mosaic panel as I need the whole entire night to be clear, so instead I used the three or so clear hours last night to capture the Cygnus Loop again. This is the first time I’ve shot it with this filter, and I’m very happy with the results. Such a neat target, that I really need to spend more time on.
5437A4F3-3743-460F-AA27-1703DA94B74F.jpeg

Here is also a bonus starless image, which really showcases all the nebulosity hidden in there:
D91056FB-B43B-49F0-8B80-BE902C3E4D1F.jpeg