Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Thanks guys! These are not the full resolution versions, I don’t really have a great place for posting those at the moment. If you want to use them as wallpapers that’s fine by me! Lmk if there’s any in particular and I can try to get you a higher res version.
Pictures 6, 8 and 10 are really cool

GuHP20

《Sentinel》~ Pres Ben //|**|\\
Professor
Man on the Moon
Registered
Been slowly figuring out the intricacies of the new mount, and have taken some new images in the past few weeks. Because the mount is computerized, making mosaics has become significantly easier. Currently working on a pretty big one, and have also done parts of a few others.

I’ve been really happy lately with the quality of the images I’ve gotten. Nothing too incredible, but an astonishing difference from where I was a year ago. Anyways, here’s what I’ve gotten:
View attachment 75671 View attachment 75672 View attachment 75674 View attachment 75673
Insanely beautiful, great job

AxcelAbrego

Modder
Man on the Moon
Registered
Here is my second image of The Orion Nebula, and second deep space image using the new scope! Definitely one of my favorite images to date. Had some weird artifacts on the preprocessed image, but none of that is too apparent in the final thing. Can’t imagine how much room for improvement there still is, as this image was taken during a full moon with the moon being right near Orion. To get this much out of it blew me away, and I can’t wait till a moonless night to try again. First is the full image, and second is a starless version: View attachment 52218 View attachment 52219

Also, if one of the mods (Gecko Gekkota) could move this thread to the Non SFS Art section then that would be great. Didn’t notice I put it in the wrong sub-forum accidentally.

ITS BEAUTIFUL