Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2021
How can the X-36 and the B-2 fly straight and turn without a yaw? Engine gimballing? RCS? I don’t thing they have any of that...
Apart from the rudder-vators, I believe that it can also use thrust differential to minimize its radar cross section.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Just a casual side by side size comparison between your more usual jet airliner, and a 747.

Screenshot_20210501-110047_Maps.jpg

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Is it me or the 4 engines of 747 is removed?
I think you’re right. British Airways retired their 747 fleet, so assuming this is a relatively recent image then I wouldn’t be surprised if it is one being scrapped.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
That’s sad man. It’s a good plane and can still work.
Yeah, it’s a shame to see them beginning to go. Almost all the retired ones are passenger airlines though, I still see loads of cargo variants fly over my house all the time. Here is an Atlas Air which flew over like three days ago:
7C63DCC9-65A6-4082-A045-2865668D62E1.jpeg

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Yup, I suppose is going to continue on service as a cargo plane for a while. I mean, there aren’t many planes that can take as much cargo as the 747.
There sure aren’t many that are capable of what it can do.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Is it me or the 4 engines of 747 is removed?
Is the 747 going to be retired?
Yeah, I live at a place where they scrap airliners and there is a lot of condemned 747s here. Essentially thanks to the Corona aviation collapse, Boeing suddenly stopped factory support for the passenger 747 and nearly every airline overnight retired the aircraft.
There's a growing turn-away from quad engined widebodies because of cost at the moment as well which isn't helping

Yeah, it’s a shame to see them beginning to go. Almost all the retired ones are passenger airlines though, I still see loads of cargo variants fly over my house all the time. Here is an Atlas Air which flew over like three days ago: View attachment 62586
Aye, there's a lot of cargo variants hanging on because of its unique flight capabilities and increased need for cargo aircraft at the moment.
Of course as well the more...exotic...versions of the 747 are still flying, like Cosmic Lady and Air Force One.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Ever wondered what the wing armament of the '8 gun' RAF fighters would sound like?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
1960s Red Arrows doing something they'd never get away with in the 21st century.

4KidsOneCamera

Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Peeling off in close formation through a smokescreen towards poles whilst at wingtip height? What's the worst that can happen?
You really got to wonder who in the world approved of this.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
You really got to wonder who in the world approved of this.
I'd hazard a guess that no one disapproved of it, so they just did it. If you want to do something a bit dodgy, its better to ask forgiveness than gain permission.

That and low level flights were the RAFs bread and butter back then. These guys would've been trained by WWII pilots, used to pulling bits of telephone wire from the tail wheel. I think the guy that flew the Spitfire under the stone bridge (Ray Hanna) is Red One in this video, and I'm pretty sure he suffers from altitude sickness judging by how low he gets in flight.