Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
try to be stealthy when using this, act like a cloud.
Never thought of clouds being particularly stealthy. Especially a rocket assisted cloud. They tend to be quite loud. And extremely visible.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
This reminds me of my bomber helicopter.

Falcon231

Man on the Moon
Registered
Enough of clouds that make funny RRRRRRRR sounds, what about this thing I made? it’s a mobile property damage machine, mainly used to fend off annoying neighbours and bad guys, only 10 thousand roux!
04FF1CB9-FF01-41EC-A9F0-387F3E2ABE76.png

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
HOw about develop a BRRRRT Rocket engine then mosscow's Jeff will hitch a ride there and shoot the BRRRRRT Engine and yeeeted jeff??

btw just make a civilian like plane with hidden bomb box or kamikaze civilian planes??

or just make a flying tank.....

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Then let's face it: the project has no practical application in the war :confused:
The closest I can think of is the grenade drones that Daesh were using a little while ago.

The only reason they used them was because they had absolutely nothing else that could drop an object onto a target. And because it was a pretty new concept, it took the coalition a bit of time (maybe a month) before effective countermeasures were employed.

The Israelis have this great ground based laser system that's designed to counter drone swarms like these and there are videos of it just swatting groups of them out of the sky in short order.

So yeah. It'd have no use in a modern, peer to peer conflict. Any role it has can be done better by something else, and they're incredibly fragile.

On a side note, I'd love to see someone make a hover tank, put all that effort into creating a propulsion system that can keep a 20-60ton armoured vehicle aloft for 5-10 hours at a time.

And watch it flip over the first time someone fires the main gun in any direction other than straight ahead.