Balanced Realistic World (and I'm also looking for a good steam edition pack that contains all the planets)

Astria

Astria short for AstriaPorta (Stargate in ancient)
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Shortly after playing steam edition realistic mode for the first time, I noticed landing on Mars and Venus is unrealistically hard. You can only open your parachutes under like 600m/s and at an altitude under like 4km. Because of the insane velocities in realistic mode, this makes landing insanely difficult. To make the experience easier and more realistic, I have raised the parachute deployment speed and altitude for Earth, Venus, and Mars to be higher, and more realistic to altitudes and speeds parachutes open at in real life.

In addition, I am looking for planet packs that contain all the planets AND work on steam edition. Test your packs in steam edition before you recommend them. Don't assume your mobile version packs will work because in my experience, the vast majority do not.

Also perhaps a pinned thread for planet packs made for steam edition? Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Realistic Mods

Man on the Moon
Registered
The files of PC version seem similar, except for the space center file, try this pack- Link
Forum page link- Link

It contains a total of 318 bodies (including the defaults)
Please tell me if it doesn't work

Thank You!

Astria

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
The files of PC version seem similar, except for the space center file, try this pack- Link
Forum page link- Link

It contains a total of 318 bodies (including the defaults)
Please tell me if it doesn't work

Thank You!
It loads the world but you spawn inside the earth and it's so laggy it's unplayable. The lag is easily explained by the number of objects. Steam edition is poorly optimized for systems with large numbers of planets. However I'm not sure what's causing me to spawn inside the earth. (Note: I did select the realistic difficulty so maybe resizing the world caused the issue.)

Astria

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
It loads the world but you spawn inside the earth and it's so laggy it's unplayable. The lag is easily explained by the number of objects. Steam edition is poorly optimized for systems with large numbers of planets. However I'm not sure what's causing me to spawn inside the earth. (Note: I did select the realistic difficulty so maybe resizing the world caused the issue.)

So I just loaded a world with your pack but selected normal mode. That seems to have fixed it. It's a shame it doesn't seem to work in realistic mode.