Ban Appeal #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cort_e

Registered
Cortax#7134
Date:2/26/22
Reason for ban:Violation of TOS, Publicly offering private information in dms
#1 this was against Russia’s invasion of Ukraine since anonymous leaked it.
#2 This is not private information you can find this in reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/t1f287 #3 There was mods online at the moment of when i said this, none of who didnt ban me, only ore gave me a verbal warning.
#4 I was banned a day later after I said this and J was the one who banned me
Im arguing that a mute or a warning should have been enough than being banned for going against a evil regime, note that no one even asked for the info either way so no “harm” was done in quote. I believe i should be unbanned for something that could have been taken much more differently.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hi cort_e

Your ban appeal has been transmitted to the Discord moderation team, they will review it soon.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Hello.

I am here to inform you that your appeal has been denied, and I would like to also address your points to clarify why.

1. This ban was made because what you posted was in violation of ToS. Regardless of the morality of the violation, we are not at liberty to decide what infraction is enforced. These situations are not a gray area. If you break the terms, we cannot allow you to participate in the server.

2. This is private information that was leaked that you reposted to the server. Whether or not the information is easily accessible by the public, you still spread it directly. Spreading private information about others, regardless of if they are on the platform or whether they are public figures, is a violation.

3, 4. It is common practice for us to re-evaluate events later to determine if the punishment given was adequate to handle it. We did such with this, and we determined that it should be handled as a ToS violation should be, and as such it was upgraded to a ban.

Overall, there is nothing here that says to us that the ban was unjust or should be overturned. As previously stated, we are obligated as staff of the community to uphold the Terms of Service, regardless of moral justifications otherwise. Politics were not considered as a factor in this ban nor will they be in consideration of an unban.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Thread closed.