Open Base planets still being in game when all but Earth and Sun are in planet data file

• Thread starter The Dark in the Light
  • Start date
T

The Dark in the Light

So, I decided to get working on my planet pack, so I removed all but the Sun and Earth which I edited because, well I have plans and when I loaded up the game and the resume button was pressable, not having to hit 'Build New Rocket' to load up and when I hit resume, the game loads up with my moon colony still there, even though there is no Moon planet file in the Planet Data file. All the base planets were there and even though I have the 'NewEarth' planet file and texture from Gurren Laggen's ACSS and the Sun in the Planet Data file. Any idea why this happens?

T

TtTOtW

Because when you delete them and there's nothing else to load, the game resets the planet data from within the core app files.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Because when you delete them and there's nothing else to load, the game resets the planet data from within the core app files.
Yeah, but that's when you leave literally nothing on the Planet Data folder. If you leave only Sun and Earth there should be only a Sun and an Earth.
So, I decided to get working on my planet pack, so I removed all but the Sun and Earth which I edited because, well I have plans and when I loaded up the game and the resume button was pressable, not having to hit 'Build New Rocket' to load up and when I hit resume, the game loads up with my moon colony still there, even though there is no Moon planet file in the Planet Data file. All the base planets were there and even though I have the 'NewEarth' planet file and texture from Gurren Laggen's ACSS and the Sun in the Planet Data file. Any idea why this happens?
You sure you keep Sun and Earth only? Nothing else is there?

T

The Dark in the Light

Yeah, but that's when you leave literally nothing on the Planet Data folder. If you leave only Sun and Earth there should be only a Sun and an Earth.

You sure you keep Sun and Earth only? Nothing else is there?
I have the Moon and the Earth and Moon textures that go with them. I first copied the all of the planet files and textures, moving them to another file not I'm SFS (you know what I mean right?), and kept the Sun, Earth and Moon with the textures for the Moon and Earth.
Screenshot_20200108-144447_File Manager.jpg
Screenshot_20200108-144451_File Manager.jpg

And the game still looks like this!
Screenshot_20200108-144525_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I have the Moon and the Earth and Moon textures that go with them. I first copied the all of the planet files and textures, moving them to another file not I'm SFS (you know what I mean right?), and kept the Sun, Earth and Moon with the textures for the Moon and Earth.
View attachment 31562 View attachment 31563
And the game still looks like this!
View attachment 31564
Very odd indeed. I did that exactly the other day to begin a new system and it worked. I had only Sun and Earth.

I suggest you install the whole System again, launch the game, and uninstall it again.

T

The Dark in the Light

Very odd indeed. I did that exactly the other day to begin a new system and it worked. I had only Sun and Earth.

I suggest you install the whole System again, launch the game, and uninstall it again.
I'll try. I have a theory that I might need to 'destroy' every colony, rocket and spacestation then try that.

T

The Dark in the Light

Unistall everything BUT the Sun and Earth with its texture?

T

TtTOtW

Unistall everything BUT the Sun and Earth with its texture?
Actually, delete everything.

EVERYTHING.

Then start the game. Everything will be there. Except the spacecraft, since you deleted the Persistant.qks. NOW, delete what you want, and keep what you want. Do not load any quicksaves.

T

The Dark in the Light

EVERYTHING.

Then start the game. Everything will be there. Except the spacecraft, since you deleted the Persistant.qks. NOW, delete what you want, and keep what you want. Do not load any quicksaves.
Ok, I'll do it when I have time. Thanks, this should hopefully work

T

The Dark in the Light

EVERYTHING.

Should it look like this?

Attachments

T

The Dark in the Light

Holy shit, finally!!!
Screenshot_20200203-224521_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Now I can work on my planet pack on this tablet. ( ^ω^) Can we keep this thread open just in case another issue, like the one I created the thread for, pops up again?